Eternal Lands Official Forums
Jezebelle

Peace Day?

I was under the impression that on peace day no harm would be done.

Imagine my surprise that I lost health in KF all of a sudden..and 2 of my fellow mercury seakers were killed!

I ran out of KF and later heard it was Jaxbot who put landmines there..^^

After a while i decided to get iron in the NC PK mine..guess what? Same thing..only this time 3 or 4 ppl were kiled and i got harmed becoz of range effect!

This is not peace day..this is not the essence of peace!

I was very dissapointed..and even mad that this could happen..and I hope there will be a serious discussion about this..!

JezeBelle

I was under the impression that on peace day no harm would be done.

Imagine my surprise that I lost health in KF all of a sudden..and 2 of my fellow mercury seakers were killed!

I ran out of KF and later heard it was Jaxbot who put landmines there..^^

After a while i decided to get iron in the NC PK mine..guess what? Same thing..only this time 3 or 4 ppl were kiled and i got harmed becoz of range effect!

This is not peace day..this is not the essence of peace!

I was very dissapointed..and even mad that this could happen..and I hope there will be a serious discussion about this..!

JezeBelle

Awwwwww, im guessing you want a cookie to cheer you up?

It makes peace day actually fun instead of sitting in storage being bored to death alching if your a trainer/fighter.

You just need to be cautious where you go. Ent put these things ingame for a reason.

Edited by Kidberg

Indeed, very clever idea, if you ask me. :P

Yeah, very pr0 :)

BTW, the peace day says you can't attack people, not that your mines won't explode :)

Thank you for starting this topic. I was one of the killed. I was in KF getting merc. And was heading for a bag when all the sudden I realized I was in the underworld. I couldn't figure out how this happend until I checked back on the history and realized I was killed on purpose. :P

I'm with Jez on this. When I saw people dying in that NC cave I had to leave what I thought would be a safe and peaceful cave during peace day. What's the point of peace day if people can still attack indirectly?? I mentioned it on ch4 and people just laughed. Not everyone enjoys getting hurt and peace day lets us go to places we can't usually which makes a nice change for us non-agressive people.

I hope people who can't keep with the spirit of peace day can get in trouble for their actions.

Indeed, very clever idea, if you ask me. :P

Yeah, very pr0 :)

BTW, the peace day says you can't attack people, not that your mines won't explode :)

The peace day says " Today we celebrate life,and, as such, we will not fight with eachother, nor will we harm any life form"

Now..I dont know about you, but i consider myself a ' life form' on this World ^^

Jez

well done jax. thats really pro, maybe ill put some in the fire maze on II next time...see how many harvesters i can get :D :D

Edited by Shujral

Jaxbot isn't the clever guy, it was posted before by some guy who killed a dragon with mines on peace day :D

the clever thing isnt only the placing of the landmines, its that he actually used in on places where people go often on peace day.. merc, NC cave.. where people maybe sit with COL's or arti capes like in TD to mix stuff without cooldown... adds some adventure to the game if more would do that. so he actually IS the smart guy :D

If yuo get killed by landmines, it's only your fault, and your fault alone! Be careful where you walk, get higher perception, use night visor.

OMG, how dare someone ruin our precious peace day????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :D :D :angry: :angry: :angry:

mines rock.

It's a good day to harvest yetis with mines, they can't attack you and you have fine gc + chance on nice drops :D But still I think it sucks mines work on peace day...

The peace day says " Today we celebrate life,and, as such, we will not fight with eachother, nor will we harm any life form"

Now..I dont know about you, but i consider myself a ' life form' on this World ^^

Jez

Well, you don't harm anyone, you just place the mines, and hope for the best :D

If yuo get killed by landmines, it's only your fault, and your fault alone! Be careful where you walk, get higher perception, use night visor.

I didnt step on one, I was close when one exploded and lost HP....still..as i said in my above post..the description of peace day is all wrong!

Jez

Jaxbot isn't the clever guy, it was posted before by some guy who killed a dragon with mines on peace day :D

Actually, I'm not sure who came first. Last peace day we tested it and found out it worked, not sure if that guy heard from us. Anyway, killed Muppet and got a cool hat :D

~KgN

It's a good day to harvest yetis with mines, they can't attack you and you have fine gc + chance on nice drops :D But still I think it sucks mines work on peace day...

well i see people selling small mines for 1k like jaxbot...are u serious about using a 1kgc mine to kill a monster that drops ~160gc average and some silver rings sometimes? (seems to me like u just wanna save ur ass and get people to use their landmines somewhere else on peace day :D)

anyway, the "nor will harm any life form" was written before engineering was in the game anyway, so it was meant for harm/life drain and other offensiv spells, guess thats what ent meant with it if im correct

EDIT on 1st line

Edited by Tempest

YE JAXBOT ! THATS MY MAN AND MY GUILDIE!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! :D

*go buy mines and places them* :D

Jez

Well, you don't harm anyone, you just place the mines, and hope for the best :D

Pure EL Al-Quaida :D

Jez

Well, you don't harm anyone, you just place the mines, and hope for the best :angry:

can i join?

EDIT: it's EL-Quaida :D

Edited by Tempest

well i see people selling small mines for 1k like jaxbot...are u serious about using a 1kgc mine to kill a monster that drops ~160gc average and some silver rings sometimes? (seems to me like u just wanna save ur ass and get people to use their landmines somewhere else on peace day :angry:)

For 160gc each I can mix those mines easily myself :angry: And if I find a nice hydro bar I can make a nice profit on top :D

Jez

Well, you don't harm anyone, you just place the mines, and hope for the best :angry:

can i join?

EDIT: it's EL-Quaida :D

ye, and i'm peach-laden :angry:

Oh? I whole thread in my honor? j/k. :D

Ok, so I found out that Jezebelle had some non-tailorable clothes on, so I decided to lay mines and try to blow her up.

So I put the mines in two different bags, and was about to summon a rabbit to step on them, when suddenly this noob steps on them and ruins my plan :angry:.

Anyway, as I quote to many people today, "If you enter a PK map, you may die. ... This is all legal."

Besides, landmines sell good today :D

just to be clear here; this topic is not directed against Jaxbot or the other pathetic one that placed the mines..boys will be boys and wanting to play with their toys; who can blame them? ^^

This topic is for the management and the community to perhaps reconsider the working of landmines on Peace day..

Jez