Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Pre RC 11

Very interesting the problem with the bow. Can you reproduce it please? Can you also try to remove the bow while fighting, and see if you get the same result?

Sorry, I tried to reproduce for quite a while and failed.

But I can give you some more infos how it happened in first place.

I was attacking an animal which was close so it attacked me (I guess I was in the attack post when it attacked me)

Then the bow broke first and after that the arrow broke.

It's almost impossible to reproduce because the arrows break much more easily than the bows.

If you're able to reproduce it, can you post the end of the missiles_log.txt file that is in your settings dir?

You should look for messages like "your_name (you_id): unwear item type 0 delayed" and post all the stuff a little before and after these messages...

Well like I said, I tried to reproduce it but the bow wouldn't break before the arrows. And it's very unlikely that he does.

The arrows break almost instantly and the bow only every 5-10 monsters.

But I checked my chat_log:

[02:06:59] z_end: 1.350000, distance: 3.209459, perturbation: 0.230939, perturbation int: 1024
[02:07:01] Your Elven Bow has been destroyed
[02:07:01] Your Magic arrows has been destroyed

seems like bow and arrows broke at the same time

I have two challenges, but am not sure if it is from this release or rc 10.

1. I have dial-up. When it reconnects and I 'hit enter' and el starts again, when it refreshes, i end up with a black screen except all the icons/buttons are there. When I type, help, and local can see it, but I cannot.

I discovered that if I then click the map icon and click again, everything is normal.

This only happens about 50% of the time (lol, like manufacturing, just teasing)

2. I noticed in rc10 some players with long hair had sparkles in them. I wondered how to make that happen but thought it may be a secret and must be learned, down the road.

Last night while trying to get my player to 'dance' and I had zoomed in for some reason, my player had sparkly hair too.

No one new why or how to fix it. I thought perhaps I had started the particle test, I dont know. So I changed maps, but that didnt fix it...

Now this am, I had a thought that perhaps the hair plane is fighting for space with the character/clothes? I cant remember if the player had a robe on or not.

I have xp, Gforce 6600. Hope that helps???

Edited by Rayna