Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Pre RC 11

Sorry to fall asleep on you Ent, that's UVP 0. I think anything that mentions 'Vertex' on this computer is grayed out or not switchable. The Vertex settings in 'Adv Video - Options' don't seem to do anything, if that helps.

When i was in PV and Kusumara i had to turn on mouse bug, because i could not walk. ( didn't have to do that when i was in C1[mm,ws,dp,votd,skf,portal room, ip)

But when i also disabled new selection my FPS dropped down from around 40 to 6fps. Tryed it out several time with same result. also turned off and on ati bug since i was on my laptop but that didn't have any effect.

------------------

Video card: MOBILITY RADEON X600 x86/SSE2

Vendor ID: ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL Version: 2.0.5698 WinXP Release

-------------

Video card: GeForce FX 5200/AGP/SSE2

Vendor ID: NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Version: 2.1.2

Client froze upon entering WSC magic shop. I tried going back to the rc10 and the no_clusters that I normally play on but kept on getting the following upon logging before the client closed on me. I had to reboot and use no_cluster to get out of the shop. Will continue to use rc11 to see if other insides affect me.

(rc10)

[23:56:13] Window size adjusted to 780x550

[23:56:13] Hmm... This mode seems to fall back in software 'acceleration'.

Trying to disable the stencil buffer.

[23:56:14] Hmm... No luck without a stencil buffer either...

Let's try one more thing...

[23:56:14] Damn, it seems that you are out of luck, we are in the software mode now, so the game will be veeeeery slow. If you DO have a 3D accelerated card, try to update your OpenGl drivers...

[23:56:15] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_multitexture extension, not using it...

[23:56:15] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_texture_env_combine extension, not using it...

[23:56:15] Couldn't find the GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array extension, not using it...

[23:56:15] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_point_sprite extension, not using it...

[23:56:15] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_texture_compression extension, not using it...

[23:56:15] Couldn't find the GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc extension, not using it...

[23:56:15] Couldn't find the GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap extension, not using it...

[23:56:15] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_shadow extension, not using it...

[23:56:15] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object extension, not using it...

[23:56:15] Couldn't find the GL_EXT_framebuffer_object extension, not using it...

[23:56:15] Couldn't find the GL_EXT_draw_range_elements extension, not using it...

[23:56:15] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two extension, not using it...

[23:56:15] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_fragment_program extension, not using it...

[23:56:15] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_vertex_program extension, not using it...

[23:56:15] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_fragment_shader extension, not using it...

[23:56:15] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_vertex_shader extension, not using it...

[23:56:15] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_shader_objects extension, not using it...

[23:56:15] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_shading_language_100 extension, not using it...

[23:56:15] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat extension, not using it...

[23:56:15] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_texture_rectangle extension, not using it...

[23:56:15] Couldn't find the GL_EXT_fog_coord extension, not using it...

[23:56:15] Couldn't find the GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc extension, not using it...

[23:56:15] Couldn't find the GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc extension, not using it...

[23:56:15] Compiled Vertex Arrays disabled.

[23:56:15] Point Particles disabled.

[23:56:15] Framebuffer disabled (need newer driver)

[23:56:15] Error opening sound configuration file

no_cluster:

[00:05:03] Window size adjusted to 780x550

[00:05:04] GL_ARB_multitexture extension found, using it.

[00:05:04] GL_ARB_texture_env_combine extension found, using it.

[00:05:04] GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array extension found, using it.

[00:05:04] GL_ARB_point_sprite extension found, using it.

[00:05:04] GL_ARB_texture_compression extension found, using it.

[00:05:04] GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc extension found, using it.

[00:05:04] GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap extension found, using it.

[00:05:04] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_shadow extension, not using it...

[00:05:04] GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object extension found, using it.

[00:05:04] Couldn't find the GL_EXT_framebuffer_object extension, not using it...

[00:05:04] GL_EXT_draw_range_elements extension found, using it.

[00:05:04] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two extension, not using it...

[00:05:04] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_fragment_program extension, not using it...

[00:05:04] GL_ARB_vertex_program extension found, using it.

[00:05:04] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_fragment_shader extension, not using it...

[00:05:04] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_vertex_shader extension, not using it...

[00:05:04] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_shader_objects extension, not using it...

[00:05:04] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_shading_language_100 extension, not using it...

[00:05:04] GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat extension found, NOT using it...

[00:05:04] Couldn't find the GL_ARB_texture_rectangle extension, not using it...

[00:05:04] GL_EXT_fog_coord extension found, NOT using it...

[00:05:04] Couldn't find the GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc extension, not using it...

[00:05:04] Couldn't find the GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc extension, not using it...

[00:05:04] Point Particles disabled.

[00:05:04] Framebuffer disabled (need newer driver)

[00:05:04] Error opening sound configuration file

all bodies (people, npc, and creatures) are invisible outside. I can still see names, health, and shadows though. Inside seems to be fine.

also when i try to attack a target with bow/arrow - i get disconnected

Video card: ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 x86/SSE2

Vendor ID: ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL Version: 2.0.5883 WinXP Release

Edited by swattter

Bebry- if you have your fps turned off I believe you will have to turn them back on to see the UVP, which is located under it. if that isn't it, you're on your own ;~)

~bug

el_pre_rc_112008-03-1522-06-31-81.jpg

There is a hole in the ground in votd close by the nc exit (don't know if i need to post that here, but it was in rc11 test server, so i guess im posting it right ;))

Edited by MasterZen

I guess, the test server has already some new maps you dont have for your client.

I saw the same at some other places too, like the blacksmith in MM.

So dont worry about that, i guess ;)

Piper

Updated my WinXP graphics drivers to ATI's latest, now I get massive frame rate drops when the water shaders have a lot to do. Even resyncs ...

UVP: 1

/EDIT:

#glinfo

[18:19:34] Video card: RADEON 9800

[18:19:34] Vendor ID: ATI Technologies Inc.

[18:19:34] OpenGL Version: 2.1.7412 Release

[18:19:34] Supported extensions: GL_AMD_performance_monitor GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_shadow_ambient GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_envmap_bumpmap GL_ATI_fragment_shader GL_ATI_meminfo GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_float GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_copy_texture GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_subtexture GL_EXT_texgen_reflection GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_WIN_swap_hint WGL_EXT_swap_control

Edited by Florian

What do you mean by massive?

I have a laptop, 4 years old, with an Ati 9600 mobility. It renders the water flawlesly, with little impact on the FPS.

Massive:

with old ATI drivers, 6 months or so, 30+ FPS

now: 5FPS and resyncs

Are you running several clients at the same time?

I got problems only when I have several clients and shadows+shaders enabled.

Are you running several clients at the same time?

I got problems only when I have several clients and shadows+shaders enabled.

Freshly booted WinXPSP2, EL, Internet Explorer, Explorer running, that's it. And no stupid background anti virus eat up all your cpu scanner or something.

Are you using the sky?

If so, Roja told me her clients hang in the memory, after exit, and need to be manually killed. Can you check for that?

I have a strange bug when I enable shadows on my new system, remember that poly metal alloy "Liquid metal" terminator from Terminator 2?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHUMtK5wJhY

This only happens on a couple of maps that I have seen, NC and MM outsides.

I have the latest ATI drivers as of today.

------

edit: I should say that the bug affects animals, creatures, other players as well as my character. The pumas look cool, like little molten pussycats ;)

Edited by LabRat

Are you using the sky?

If so, Roja told me her clients hang in the memory, after exit, and need to be manually killed. Can you check for that?

Windows RC11 doesn't have sky enabled.

And no hanging processes on a freshly booted windows ...