Eternal Lands Official Forums
conavar

Use For Platinum (or new coin)

Afaik a lot of players buy items for the EL shop for the sole purpose of selling them for ingame gold:

So my idea is (for good or bad):

Platinum coins are removed from the game and then put up for sale in the EL shop.. One coin would be sold for 1USD. These coins could then be sold to players ingame ( for what ever the exchange rate is at the time). The coins could then be traded to Radu for $ services Ie: Items from the shop, P2P races, PK server accounts etc.

Pros:

1: Player who buy from the EL shop for ingame gold trades have a very marketable items ( when taken with no:2)

2: Players who havent access to paypal etc would have a means to purchase items from the EL shop, without having to search out players who exchange gold to USD

3: The game/Radu doesnt lose out, as the money is still made from the original purchase of the coins

Cons:

:) you tell me

Thoughts ?

Edited by conavar

one con is radu has to run around doing more trades - one when he gives the coin to a USD buyer, and again when he trades an item for it back from a different player.

otherwise its a neat idea which could result in more sold from the shop :)

one con is radu has to run around doing more trades - one when he gives the coin to a USD buyer, and again when he trades an item for it back from a different player.

otherwise its a neat idea which could result in more sold from the shop ;)

In that case, why not just make an NPC that has all the items of the shop, and buy the stuff you need from shop directly from it, with the appropriate amount of platinum coins?

btw, nice idea Con. :)

Edited by St_Arcane

In that case, why not just make an NPC that has all the items of the shop, and buy the stuff you need from shop directly from it, with the appropriate amount of platinum coins?

btw, nice idea con. :)

Very good idea ;)

Make it next to the nexus seller and make it sell to anti people too.

I love the idea, if implemented good it can really help ppl who can/want to spend real money on el but also those who cant or dont want to spend cash, very good for players and i think Radu wont mind those few extra bricks too :)

Npc is also a briliant idea ;)

Great idea, and if Radu doesn't like the idea of jumping around from one map to another to give ppl the items they bought the NPC idea is a good one too, only takes the Plats ppl buy from the EL shop or from other players, the biggest problem would be the Plats ppl already have in sto now.

Maby give ppl a time period where they can trade em back to GC and then remove Plats from the game and implement the Shop Plats.

I had a idea like this (with the NPC) but it was a new item that was a ticket.

Anyway I'm all for this idea and plat coins seem to buy a good item to use, but its been said they have plans for that item.

EDIT: Typo

~KgN

Edited by kaGen

I had a idea like this (with the NPC) but it was a new item that was a ticket.

Anyway I'm all for this idea and plat coins seem to buy a good item to use, but its been said they have plans for that item.

EDIT: Typo

~KgN

The item used, wether that be a coin/ticket/or ingame $1 note doesnt really matter

brick: weight 12 EMU. Used to make g0d rich. Ingredients: 10 gold ores, 5 fire essences, 8 coal, $100

sounds like a great idea

a small problem would be that all the gold to $ ratios for the shop items would become the same, atm an EFE is $1.67 and sells for 7000gc giving 4200gc per $1 whereas a thermal serp is $90 in shop and will never fetch 378kgc, 350k is a lot for one. im not sure how happy radu would be with a standard gc to $ rate at the shop, the prices at the moment are probably set for maximum turnover, the coins may sell well at the beggining when they have novelty andthis may outweigh any move away from profit maximisation price-wise.

Well, the advantage of a currency, a coin/ticket/brick/rotten tomato/whatever is that you dont need to trade 1:1 like 10 fish for a chicken or speaking about EL items, trading a serp for iron ore.

So you get rid of the problem, youre buying some stuff from the shop for $$$ and cant sell it in game, because nobody wants it and youre sitting there on your loads of shiny armor and wasted $$$.

There could be 2 npc's: One is located in a bank (and, yay, we have at least a use for a bank), which holds your special coins. You pay radu via paypal, he adds the special coins to your account in the bank and you can withdraw them from the NPC.

The other one is just the EL shop, which sells all items the EL shop sells right now for those special coins. Radu of course can change the stuff the NPC sells. If he doesnt want any more rostos to enter the game, he can just remove them from the NPC. Or just limit the amount of items sold, like not more than 50 rostos per months and such.

There might even be a 3rd npc, which deals with services. You buy services from the npc for special coins, the NPC just produces a list Radu and Learner read later and can work on. If a service wanted is not available, namechange for example, coz the name is already taken, you get your special coins back in your bank account.

And you can, of course, sell those special coins for gc or items in game to other players.

Hmm.. sounds somehow interesting IMO ;)

Piper

Edited by The_Piper

how would it apply to the bulk buy discounts currently available in EL shop though? for instance an ELE from the shop is $1 each or 6 for $5....if theres a set currency rate introduced for the items then that discount needs to be taken into account for bulk shop buyers still. I for one prefer to buy in 6's for the discount and would NOT like to see that option removed if possible. (yes am greedy but hey I am not an ebul irl rich person here, just ebul). I hope if it is introduced then the currency buying via paypal would also have an option for discounted coins/tickets/bricks if bought in bulk lots?!

how would it apply to the bulk buy discounts currently available in EL shop though? for instance an ELE from the shop is $1 each or 6 for $5...

The NPC could do the same. You buy 5 ELE's, but get 6 as a bulk buy.

Piper

an EFE is $1.67 and sells for 7000gc giving 4200gc per $1 whereas a thermal serp is $90 in shop and will never fetch 378kgc, 350k is a lot for one

How many thermals u bought to know such things?, i had few, and i dont mean by that junk thermals from marketplace that were used from some unknown guy(s) and sold like 1-2 days before they break.

New thermal from el shop has 3 weeks warranty on no-breaking( except brod but u can wear red cape anyways coz thermal wont break by itself :o

And its worth its price, if u got a friend who agrees to sell u such a sword for 300-350k than cool but in many cases its more than that :)

mp

:icon13: Nice idea. I like every part of it.

- It's essentially just buying a store credit/gift certificate for the shop, so the only question is how practical that is for Radu.

- Banks exist in the game, and it would be nice for them to have a use. NPCs would have to be in the banks so they can be used like plats-only storages. You buy your plats. They go into your "bank account." Now you can hold them, exchange them, spend them, give them away, as and when you like. If you exchange plats for gc, the person you exchanged with can do whatever he likes with them, including put them into his own "bank account."

- I assume the shop NPC won't have the goods on hand, but will forward the order for the goods to the shop, and Radu will process it the same way as direct orders.

- Whatever currency (plats or a new thing) is used should definitely be available only from the shop and usable only at the shop NPC, so Radu can know that any order that comes through the shop NPC is already paid for with RL money.

This would be cool. Also Entropy could have less work, while the profit of his wouldn't be affected in a negative way. So I can see no cons so far :P

- I assume the shop NPC won't have the goods on hand, but will forward the order for the goods to the shop, and Radu will process it the same way as direct orders.

Why? The whole point is to lessen load of the admin selling items, this would only increase it without any bonuses to anybody.

Great idea indeed!

Well to get rid of people buying small amounts (preventing radu from too many trades) that coins should be sold by only bulk, like if u wanna buy some, u should take at least 50 of them.

My2cents;

-Kad

Great idea indeed!

Well to get rid of people buying small amounts (preventing radu from too many trades) that coins should be sold by only bulk, like if u wanna buy some, u should take at least 50 of them.

My2cents;

-Kad

Radu doesn't have to trade with people. If there is only one item to be bought, he can have #add_platinum_coins_to_storage-command.