Eternal Lands Official Forums
Xodian

Help a Soldier out.. the internet in Iraq sucks

Hello there fellow EL citizens..

Xodian of BanE would love to beg a favor of a willing person. Here is the situation... I have been deployed to Iraq now for about 4 months. We finally got a wireless internet connection here where i am at now, unfortunatly there are so many people trying to use so little bandwidth that each time i try to DL the new version of EL my connection will time out and the DL will not complete. I am about to go crazy over here as it is being away from home and all... but life without my EL fix i just dont know if i can handle that for the remainder of my tour.....B) If someone would please DL the new version and put it on a disc for me and mail it over here I would be greatly appreciative. Really u have no idea how much u really enjoy something untill it is not available to u anymore. I been playing EL now for a number of years and i hear that there are so many new things on the latest RC. From what i understand the Devs have really outdone themselves.....yet again i might add. Anyway thats my story... if u wanna help me out please post and let me know.

roflmfao sorry i cant help you out here, but its a pro idea to let someone send u a CD with EL to iraq \o/

Hello there fellow EL citizens..

Xodian of BanE would love to beg a favor of a willing person. Here is the situation... I have been deployed to Iraq now for about 4 months. We finally got a wireless internet connection here where i am at now, unfortunatly there are so many people trying to use so little bandwidth that each time i try to DL the new version of EL my connection will time out and the DL will not complete. I am about to go crazy over here as it is being away from home and all... but life without my EL fix i just dont know if i can handle that for the remainder of my tour.....B) If someone would please DL the new version and put it on a disc for me and mail it over here I would be greatly appreciative. Really u have no idea how much u really enjoy something untill it is not available to u anymore. I been playing EL now for a number of years and i hear that there are so many new things on the latest RC. From what i understand the Devs have really outdone themselves.....yet again i might add. Anyway thats my story... if u wanna help me out please post and let me know.

PM me your mailing information and which version you need (probably Windows) and I'll burn a CD-R for you and get it off to you. Of course known the APO system, by the time you get it I'll probably have to burn you another one, but might as well get this going now.

Most excellent.. I will try the DL manager first and hope for the best... If not i sure do appreciate Learner for hookin me up.. I am not sure how EL will run but imagine the loads of ore i could harvest while i was away from home.... probably wont be able to do much else.. just harv and chat.. but that will be enough i suppose...:)

Guest Annatira

If there's anything at all you need help with, please ask.

Thanks for doing what you do (seems so inadequate) but THANKS.

Most excellent.. I will try the DL manager first and hope for the best... If not i sure do appreciate Learner for hookin me up.. I am not sure how EL will run but imagine the loads of ore i could harvest while i was away from home.... probably wont be able to do much else.. just harv and chat.. but that will be enough i suppose...;)

Let us know how your attempts to get EL go. Be interesting to hear how it works there as well.

Well so far... I have tried to DL the manager and still no joy... i am telling ya the internet sucks over here.. really bad. But the good news is i should have a copy of the latest client in the mail to me now.. hopefully will be here in a week or so, depending on the snail mail ya know. Once i get it i will surely check in.. Hell i cant remeber where i put myself to sleep at...lol hope it was a safe place..:) See you all in game in a few.:P

Hi Xodian2,

Sorry to hear of your connection problems, especially being so far from home and friends, I too had dial up issues awhile back and used connection keeper.

It doesnt take long to DL, so you should be able to get the whole DL w/o losing your connection while doing so.

http://gammadyne.com/conkeep.htm

Also may God keep you safe and hope to see you in game soon:)

Hope this helps you out and if anything is needed, feel free to pm me thru forums.

Take care and Godspeed

CassIoPIA

P.S. Forgot to tell you the best part, it is free:)

Edited by cassiopia

Well so far... I have tried to DL the manager and still no joy... i am telling ya the internet sucks over here.. really bad. But the good news is i should have a copy of the latest client in the mail to me now.. hopefully will be here in a week or so, depending on the snail mail ya know. Once i get it i will surely check in.. Hell i cant remeber where i put myself to sleep at...lol hope it was a safe place..:confused: See you all in game in a few.:D

Reminds me of a thing I once heard, can't remember where, but it was "never understimate the bandwidth of a planeload of CD-ROMs" or something like it anyway.

Look forward to seeing you in-game Brother Xod :) keep your head down meantime

Hey man, good luck over there, when you get back, I'll be the first to buy you a drink. And remeber, any negetive comments prob come from someone who never served anything but theirselves. I was proud to be a soldier, and most of us are proud of you. I will help you anyway i can.

Hmmm... random divergent thought: An answer to the war in Iraq, as well as a boost in popularity for EL:

We start getting insurgents to lay down their guns and pick up copies of EL. New battlefield for Iraq becomes Kilaran Field, and we get GIs to join and form a guild. well... the war stays as unresolved as it is today, but now non-professionally trained Americans (and anyone else) can fight either for the insurgents or with the GIs - or against both sides... there are far more deaths, but since these deaths are respawnable, there are far less deaths too.

Just a thought - stay safe over there, Xodian!