Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roman

Owners trading with bot

If you own a bot are you allowed to trade with it and can you take a item or Gc off your bot, without having to sell or buy from it?

providing you arent logged into the bot as well as your own character and initiating a trade, it shouldnt be a problem and wont flag up an IP trade issue with the mods. But there is no need to do that anyway if your bot is up and running properly, since it should be able to trade items to you anyway?! If it isnt, then you need to work on that :P

you dont even have to log into your bot to trade items with it.... apart from when i take keceus to sto once/twice a week the command /store is what i use to put items into the bot. (/store, to put items into the bot. /get, to get items&gold from your bot.

Bots are exempt from same IP trading as a large number of bots are hosted on home computers.

I regularly raid the gc on my bots, move gc from one to another to cope with cashflow issues, give and take items, dress up or down bots according to fashion/weather/my mood.

Everything on a bot belongs to the bot owner.

more interesting is: Can your alts also trade with your bot? That way the bot would be the 'man in the middle' in a normally illegal same IP trade. 8)

bots must follow all bot rules and all player rules.

more interesting is: Can your alts also trade with your bot? That way the bot would be the 'man in the middle' in a normally illegal same IP trade. 8)

Using the bot as a man-in-the-middle between you and your alts is against the rules and can mean losing chars, items, and the bot if anyone is caught doing it.

Using the bot as a man-in-the-middle between you and your alts is against the rules and can mean losing chars, items, and the bot if anyone is caught doing it.

Hi,

I don't have an alt, but my lodger sometimes uses my computer to play EL. Do I have to instruct her not to trade with Pru & Bookshop (my bots)?

She doesn't get any special treatment, or any special offers - in fact she pays exactly what everyone else pays.

However, if this is against the rules I could put her on their blacklists.

:icon13:

Tukin.

Tukin, if she pays then there isnt a problem. There would only be questionable actions regarding trading if the items from her were donated to/from the bot freely, with no exchange of like-value gc or items. Chances are its best to stick purely to the gc rather than items as a trade to bots in this instance, since it causes less chance of having to explain things to a mod that has noticed this going on.

If those freely donated items were to be passed otherwise, then it would be viewed as using the bot as a middleman as soon as your own char got a hold of them in turn...

I believe this is the way in which exchanging items from your friend to the bot and then to yourself (at some later point) would be classed as illegal and subject to moderation as per the rules.

Actually in a similar situation I have a question that maybe can be answered here as well. I've been wondering about it for awhile but didn't want to do it until I was sure.

So, the scenario is my main likes to buy all of Agneums silver ore, but rarely sells ore to Agneum. My alt would like to sell silver ore to Agneum as the gc are more useful to her then the silver ore at her current levels. The 2 characters are never on the same map, and rarely on the same continent at the same time, neither receives any special treatment from Agneum.

Now my question is, would this be considered using a middle man to skirt same ip trading rules? Or would these actions, as described be considered fair and normal?

Any input from informed sources would be welcome :)

Agneum in this case is not a middleman, she buys from one player and sells to another. That is exactly why she is there.

There are no lists of alts that bots are privy to so there is no reasonable way she could be expected to know your alt bought ore from her. She knows that x sold it and y bought it but she would not know that x is the same player as y.

Thanks for the clarification LabRat, just wanted to be sure it was legal. And if for any reason you need to know the name of my alt (for bot purposes) I can PM it to you :)

Nah, not necessary. If teh g0d and his fleet of angels wanted me to have that information I would already have it :)