Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Pre RC 10

Mostly good experience here, but 2 system crashes in SRM storage while panning. Still have bag selection problems and entry problems into certain areas (II vengeance cave, deepstone, TG sto). Far fewer problems than the previous versions. Every once in a while the graphics still go crazy like the pictures I sent earlier, but in time they go away or i restart client and it's ok again.

Edited by Ozmondius

Latest cvs on PPC mac, 32bpp.

with shaders (UVP 1) i get this. And selection bug is there. Also notice the quickbar in the middle of the screen ;)

infos.log

Max bones per mesh: 71
GL_MAX_PROGRAM_INSTRUCTIONS_ARB: 32768
GL_MAX_PROGRAM_NATIVE_INSTRUCTIONS_ARB: 128
GL_MAX_PROGRAM_TEMPORARIES_ARB: 256
GL_MAX_PROGRAM_NATIVE_TEMPORARIES_ARB: 12
GL_MAX_PROGRAM_PARAMETERS_ARB: 256
GL_MAX_PROGRAM_NATIVE_PARAMETERS_ARB: 192
GL_MAX_PROGRAM_ATTRIBS_ARB: 32
GL_MAX_PROGRAM_NATIVE_ATTRIBS_ARB: 16
GL_MAX_PROGRAM_ADDRESS_REGISTERS_ARB: 2
GL_MAX_PROGRAM_NATIVE_ADDRESS_REGISTERS_ARB: 1
GL_MAX_PROGRAM_LOCAL_PARAMETERS_ARB: 256
GL_MAX_PROGRAM_ENV_PARAMETERS_ARB: 256
'shaders/anim.vert' GL_PROGRAM_INSTRUCTIONS_ARB: 158
'shaders/anim.vert' GL_PROGRAM_NATIVE_INSTRUCTIONS_ARB: 158
'shaders/anim.vert' GL_PROGRAM_TEMPORARIES_ARB: 5
'shaders/anim.vert' GL_PROGRAM_NATIVE_TEMPORARIES_ARB: 5
'shaders/anim.vert' GL_PROGRAM_PARAMETERS_ARB: 251
'shaders/anim.vert' GL_PROGRAM_NATIVE_PARAMETERS_ARB: 251
'shaders/anim.vert' GL_PROGRAM_ATTRIBS_ARB: 6
'shaders/anim.vert' GL_PROGRAM_NATIVE_ATTRIBS_ARB: 6
'shaders/anim.vert' GL_PROGRAM_ADDRESS_REGISTERS_ARB: 1
'shaders/anim.vert' GL_PROGRAM_NATIVE_ADDRESS_REGISTERS_ARB: 1
'shaders/anim_depth.vert' GL_PROGRAM_INSTRUCTIONS_ARB: 27
'shaders/anim_depth.vert' GL_PROGRAM_NATIVE_INSTRUCTIONS_ARB: 27
'shaders/anim_depth.vert' GL_PROGRAM_TEMPORARIES_ARB: 3
'shaders/anim_depth.vert' GL_PROGRAM_NATIVE_TEMPORARIES_ARB: 3
'shaders/anim_depth.vert' GL_PROGRAM_PARAMETERS_ARB: 218
'shaders/anim_depth.vert' GL_PROGRAM_NATIVE_PARAMETERS_ARB: 218
'shaders/anim_depth.vert' GL_PROGRAM_ATTRIBS_ARB: 4
'shaders/anim_depth.vert' GL_PROGRAM_NATIVE_ATTRIBS_ARB: 4
'shaders/anim_depth.vert' GL_PROGRAM_ADDRESS_REGISTERS_ARB: 1
'shaders/anim_depth.vert' GL_PROGRAM_NATIVE_ADDRESS_REGISTERS_ARB: 1
'shaders/anim_shadow.vert' GL_PROGRAM_INSTRUCTIONS_ARB: 164
'shaders/anim_shadow.vert' GL_PROGRAM_NATIVE_INSTRUCTIONS_ARB: 164
'shaders/anim_shadow.vert' GL_PROGRAM_TEMPORARIES_ARB: 5
'shaders/anim_shadow.vert' GL_PROGRAM_NATIVE_TEMPORARIES_ARB: 5
'shaders/anim_shadow.vert' GL_PROGRAM_PARAMETERS_ARB: 255
'shaders/anim_shadow.vert' GL_PROGRAM_NATIVE_PARAMETERS_ARB: 255
'shaders/anim_shadow.vert' GL_PROGRAM_ATTRIBS_ARB: 6
'shaders/anim_shadow.vert' GL_PROGRAM_NATIVE_ATTRIBS_ARB: 6
'shaders/anim_shadow.vert' GL_PROGRAM_ADDRESS_REGISTERS_ARB: 1
'shaders/anim_shadow.vert' GL_PROGRAM_NATIVE_ADDRESS_REGISTERS_ARB: 1
'shaders/anim_ghost.vert' GL_PROGRAM_INSTRUCTIONS_ARB: 32
'shaders/anim_ghost.vert' GL_PROGRAM_NATIVE_INSTRUCTIONS_ARB: 32
'shaders/anim_ghost.vert' GL_PROGRAM_TEMPORARIES_ARB: 3
'shaders/anim_ghost.vert' GL_PROGRAM_NATIVE_TEMPORARIES_ARB: 3
'shaders/anim_ghost.vert' GL_PROGRAM_PARAMETERS_ARB: 225
'shaders/anim_ghost.vert' GL_PROGRAM_NATIVE_PARAMETERS_ARB: 225
'shaders/anim_ghost.vert' GL_PROGRAM_ATTRIBS_ARB: 5
'shaders/anim_ghost.vert' GL_PROGRAM_NATIVE_ATTRIBS_ARB: 5
'shaders/anim_ghost.vert' GL_PROGRAM_ADDRESS_REGISTERS_ARB: 1
'shaders/anim_ghost.vert' GL_PROGRAM_NATIVE_ADDRESS_REGISTERS_ARB: 1
'shaders/anim_ghost_shadow.vert' GL_PROGRAM_INSTRUCTIONS_ARB: 33
'shaders/anim_ghost_shadow.vert' GL_PROGRAM_NATIVE_INSTRUCTIONS_ARB: 33
'shaders/anim_ghost_shadow.vert' GL_PROGRAM_TEMPORARIES_ARB: 3
'shaders/anim_ghost_shadow.vert' GL_PROGRAM_NATIVE_TEMPORARIES_ARB: 3
'shaders/anim_ghost_shadow.vert' GL_PROGRAM_PARAMETERS_ARB: 225
'shaders/anim_ghost_shadow.vert' GL_PROGRAM_NATIVE_PARAMETERS_ARB: 225
'shaders/anim_ghost_shadow.vert' GL_PROGRAM_ATTRIBS_ARB: 5
'shaders/anim_ghost_shadow.vert' GL_PROGRAM_NATIVE_ATTRIBS_ARB: 5
'shaders/anim_ghost_shadow.vert' GL_PROGRAM_ADDRESS_REGISTERS_ARB: 1
'shaders/anim_ghost_shadow.vert' GL_PROGRAM_NATIVE_ADDRESS_REGISTERS_ARB: 1

errorlog:

[08:59:25] /Volumes/Home/esperimenti/elx/elc/macosx/../actor_scripts.c.add_command_to_actor:1468 - Unable to add command 21 - 6185
[08:59:35] /Volumes/Home/esperimenti/elx/elc/macosx/../actor_scripts.c.add_command_to_actor:1468 - Unable to add command 26 - 6185
[08:59:35] /Volumes/Home/esperimenti/elx/elc/macosx/../actor_scripts.c.add_command_to_actor:1468 - Unable to add command 20 - 6181
[08:59:35] /Volumes/Home/esperimenti/elx/elc/macosx/../actor_scripts.c.add_command_to_actor:1468 - Unable to add command 26 - 6185
[08:59:35] /Volumes/Home/esperimenti/elx/elc/macosx/../actor_scripts.c.add_command_to_actor:1468 - Unable to add command 20 - 6181
[08:59:35] /Volumes/Home/esperimenti/elx/elc/macosx/../actor_scripts.c.add_command_to_actor:1468 - Unable to add command 27 - 6185

Now i'm going to try renaming shaders dir (UVP0) and post in the other thread.

In anim.vert, remove:

MAD R1.xyz, R0.xyzx, -light_position_6.w, light_position_6.xyzx;
DP3 R2.x, R1.xyzx, R1.xyzx;
RSQ R2.y, R2.x;
MUL R1.xyz, R1.xyzx, R2.y;
DST R2, R2.xxxx, R2.yyyy;
MUL R2.yz, R2.yzxx, light_position_6.wwww;
DP3 R2.w, R2, attenuation_6;
DP3 R1.x, R1.xyzx, R3.xyzx;
MAX R1.x, R1.x, constant.z;
RCP R2.w, R2.w;
MUL R1.x, R1.x, R2.w;
MAD R4, R1.xxxx, diffuse_6, R4;

MAD R1.xyz, R0.xyzx, -light_position_7.w, light_position_7.xyzx;
DP3 R2.x, R1.xyzx, R1.xyzx;
RSQ R2.y, R2.x;
MUL R1.xyz, R1.xyzx, R2.y;
DST R2, R2.xxxx, R2.yyyy;
MUL R2.yz, R2.yzxx, light_position_7.wwww;
DP3 R2.w, R2, attenuation_7;
DP3 R1.x, R1.xyzx, R3.xyzx;
MAX R1.x, R1.x, constant.z;
RCP R2.w, R2.w;
MUL R1.x, R1.x, R2.w;
MAD R4, R1.xxxx, diffuse_7, R4;

See if it helps.

I had the same problem with Toshiba notebook. Just download the latest drivers from ATI webpage and install them by hand and it will work.

As I believe I mentioned above, the ATI web-site doesn't list any drivers for my card (well, I couldn't find them looking under Windoze-XP, Mobility Radeon 9000).

Still have bag selection problems and entry problems into certain areas (II vengeance cave, deepstone, TG sto).

Same problems that I have, although for me it's an exit (from PL storage) rather then an entry problem. But I haven't gone exploring looking for more cases.

How often does it happen? Any area where it always happens?

For my character on the main server, it happens every time I go into PL storage. I can't get out again. The fix involves some combination of going in the back room, talking (selecting) the NPC there, going back to the main room, and selecting the front door without moving from the rear door. I can't figure out which of those steps is the fix, but if I mess with that a while I can get out.

For my character on the PK server (who's on IP) every time I go to the bread spawn (by the light pole) I can click on a bag and I walk to a different bag (and it opens). I do this a couple times and then sometimes I can click a bag and I won't move at all. If I click on the ground (to get off the current bag) then I can click bags again and wander around.

In the house with the healing potions spawn, I also go to different bags. Tonight I went in and there were three bags. I clicked on #1 and went to #2 (picked it up). Clicked on #1 again and went to #3 (picked it up). Clicked on #1 again and finally went to #1 and picked it up.

The bag selection problem only seems to happen when there are multiple bags on-screen (like the spawns I mentioned).

THe door selection problem only seems to happen in a building with multiple doors (like PL storage). I haven't had any problems getting out of the inn or house on IP.

Can I see a screenshot of the problem doors please?

More data. I can't seem to get the problem to happen in the Portland Inn (by the outhouse) which has two doors.

As to PL storage, I found that if I don't walk away from the door, I can get out fine. As soon as I walk away from the door, clickinig on either door takes me to the back room.

What I DID find is that if I rotate the image about 90-degrees clock-wise (so I'm looking across the room from the front-right corner instead of the front-left corner as in the picture below) then no matter which door I click I go to the front door. The problem is still there, but I can control which door I go to with the rotation of the screen.

(I'm off for the night now, so further tests will have to wait until after work tomorrow)

gallery_8617_12_93992.jpg

As I believe I mentioned above, the ATI web-site doesn't list any drivers for my card (well, I couldn't find them looking under Windoze-XP, Mobility Radeon 9000).

Try using this ATI drivers.

Download it, run the installer and after the installer has extracted it, cancel installation.

Then:

1. go Start->Settings->Control Panel->Display

2. select tab Settings

3. click button Advanced

4. select tab Adapter

5. click button Properties

6. select tab Driver

7. click button Update Driver

8. select [No, not this time] choice and click button Next

9. select [install from a list or specific location (Advanced)] choice and click button Next

10. select [Don't search. I will choose the driver to install] choice and click button Next

11. click button Have Disk

12. browse to: C:\ATI\SUPPORT\6-11-pre-r300_xp-2k_dd_ccc_wdm_38185\Driver\2KXP_INF and click Ok

13. select [Radeon 9000 Series] and click Next (you can ignore the warning about it not being digitally signed)

and finish the installation ...

You can try also [Radeon 9000 Series Second] in step 13 ...

Hope i it helps ...

EDIT: this driver is from 6-11-2006, but still newer then the one you have (from 2003) :P

Edited by groomsh

UVP: 1 (added to siggy as well)

I'd like to mention that the errors_log.txt is filled with "unknown weapon property "snd_attack_X" where X is up1, up2, down1, down2, which might be because I compile without NEW_SOUND and don't have the sound files installed (also: Unknown actor attribute "sounds" Last message repeated 9 times).

Found a possible problem ("validation failed") in infos.log (why the discrepancy in naming convention by the way?):

Init extensions.
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS_ARB: 8
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_MAX_ANISOTROPY_EXT: 16.000000
Generating 3D noise: octave 1/4...
Generating 3D noise: octave 2/4...
Generating 3D noise: octave 3/4...
Generating 3D noise: octave 4/4...
Compressing noise
Building noise texture
Done with noise
Filter lookup texture
Compiling shader './shaders/water_fs.glsl' successful: Fragment shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.
Linking shaders successful: Fragment shader(s) linked, no vertex shader(s) defined. 

Compiling shader './shaders/water_fs.glsl' successful: Fragment shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.
Linking shaders successful: Fragment shader(s) linked, no vertex shader(s) defined. 
Validation failed - samplers of different types are bound to the same texture image unit. 

Compiling shader './shaders/reflectiv_water_fs.glsl' successful: Fragment shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.
Validation failed - samplers of different types are bound to the same texture image unit. 

Compiling shader './shaders/reflectiv_water_fs.glsl' successful: Fragment shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.

Init extensions done
Init eyecandy
Init eyecandy done
Loading vertex programs
Max bones per mesh: 71
Loading vertex programs done
Init actor defs
Build vertex buffers for 'human female'
Build vertex buffers for 'king_penguin' done
Init actor defs done
Init lights
Init done
Init done!

edit: made that a codebox

Edited by Ermabwed

Installed and running, UVP = 1. No problems as of this writing.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/el_pre_rc_05_03_07.exe

The name of the exe to run is el_pre_rc_10.exe

This should work on ALL the cards, but if there are issues, post them here.

You will notice that under the FPS thingy, there is a : UVP thing, which should be 0 or 1.

Please make sure you have your video card specs in the signature, and post if that thing is 0 or 1, regardless of what videocard you have.

The Linux data files can be found as a zip here: http://www.eternal-lands.com/el_prerc10_linux_files.zip

P.S. Oops, sorry, client compiled on my machine, so it will crash in some maps. Use the normal client to get out of those maps, then try again.

P.P.S. Ok, here is a fixed exe (not an installer), overwrite the old one with this one: http://www.eternal-lands.com/el_pre_rc_10.exe

:P I can log in again (even caves)!

[11:33:59] Video card: Intel 915GM

[11:33:59] Vendor ID: Intel

[11:33:59] OpenGL Version: 1.4.0 - Build 7.14.10.4764

UVP=0 now is that good or bad ?

[11:33:59] Video card: Intel 915GM

UVP=0 now is that good or bad ?

This is normal. The shader program is to complex for the i915GM chip but there is a fallback to the old rendering code.

UVP: 1

No issues with game play, as of yet.

Sidenote: Just my own pet-programming-peeve (so ignore at will), but it would make it easier to figure out which client I'm in if the load screen, and #ver, reported the proper build number.

Video card: GeForce 8600M GS/PCI/SSE2

Vendor ID: NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Version: 2.1.1

1st RC 10 gives me a 'display driver stopped working and recovered' then i get run time error and client closes.

2nd RC10 i cant even get to load :)

UVP: 1 with a fresh build from cvs running on Mac OS X 10.5.2 with the Leopard Graphics Update :)

UVP: 0

Video card: GeForce4 Ti 4200/AGP/SSE/3DNOW!

Vendor ID: NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Version: 1.5.3 NVIDIA 71.74

Edited by Vegar