Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Pre RC 10

Are you running Vista? If so, rename it as installer_el_rc10.exe or something and try again.

I am running Windows XP ... i don't know why it isn't working ;)

The problem I've been seeing when trying to select from multiple bags on the ground is still there. I click a bag and walk to a different bag. I was testing at the bread spawn on IP and clicked on the same bag several times and each time I'd walk to a different bag. It's as if the client and server list of bags is out of sync somehow.

I played with the "ATI bug" and "Mouse bug" config options but it didn't help.

Edit: The above was on the PK server. But now I'm stuck in PL storage again on main because when I click on one door I walk to a different door. So that problem is still there too.

ideo card: MOBILITY RADEON 9000 DDR x86/SSE2

Vendor ID: ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL Version: 1.3.3842 WinXP Release

Edited by bkc56

Download it again, if you have an antivirus, try to disable it while installing it.

Will do ;)

Download still won't work. Sorry about double post :(

Any antivirus running? Do you have enough disk space?

Yes, I had Antivirus but I had it programmed to ignore anything to do with Eternal lands and Yes, i have plenty of disk space.

Can someone please tell me where to find this SDL_image.dll??? I've redownloaded and installed like everything and my computer still can't seem to find it. Sorry if it is obvious but I've tried everything and it still comes up with the error message. Thanks.

Can someone please tell me where to find this SDL_image.dll??? I've redownloaded and installed like everything and my computer still can't seem to find it. Sorry if it is obvious but I've tried everything and it still comes up with the error message. Thanks.

Learn how to read first.

Can someone please tell me where to find this SDL_image.dll???

I checked my old EL folder and the new one with RC10 in it. They both contain SDL_image.dll (along with a couple other SDL libraries). So...

First thing I'd suggest is that you check the folder you unpacked EL in and make sure the file is there. If it isn't then I'd guess you're not unpacking/installing it in the directory you think you are.

Second thing is I'd look at the menu or desktop icon you use to launch EL and make sure that the working directory and path to executable both point to the correct folder (where you installed it).

Third, I'd check the el.ini file (someplace like C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\My Documents\Eternal Lands\main) and see where it's pointing to with the #data_dir line and make sure it points to the same place you unpacked/installed.

The error has almost got to be in one of those three places.

You got to be ... kidding me.

After an in-game conversation I explained I'm possibly not as messed up as it appeared. In any event, per request, I deleted EL and started over from scratch (using the default destination for all installs):

1. Install el_150_install.exe

2. Install el_150_patch.exe

3. Install el_pre_rc_10.exe

4. Overwrote el_pre_rc_10.exe with the updated one.

5. Modified desktop icon to verify it points to the proper folder and runs el_pre_rc_10.exe (instead of el.exe).

6. Verified that Documents and Settings\...\main\el.ini points to the correct data dir.

7. Started EL.

8. Walked into PL storage, clicked on the front door, and it made me walked to and entered the back room.

I didn't test the bag selection problem since the door problem is still there.

I don't see how I could have a cleaner setup than the above (ie, how I could have messed anything up).

Did you try to update your video drives?

So as to not be an idiot, I went back and double checked EVERYTHING. Went to the Dell web-site and made sure I had the lastest downloads. Unpacked it, ran update driver on it, and confirmed that what I have is the current driver.

So yes, I have had, and still have current drivers for my Dell Inspiron 8500 (almost old as dirt) laptop.

And I forgot to add this to the above post:

Video card: MOBILITY RADEON 9000 DDR x86/SSE2

Vendor ID: ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL Version: 1.3.3842 WinXP Release

And from the Device Manager display properties dialog:

Driver Provider: ATI Technologies Inc.

Driver Date: 7/29/2003

Driver Version: 6.14.10.6371

Edited by bkc56

Umm, Ati, not Dell.

P.S. The idea is to add your video card info in the siggy.

The ATI site (http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html) doesn't even list my card in the primary list or in the legacy list. So the Dell support site is my only choice it seems.

P.S. I don't have a signature, and I turn them off anyway to save bandwidth and forum clutter.

Added a sig until we get this problem resolved.

Edited by bkc56

I saw that in my google searches, but it claims version 4.1 and my current driver is 6.14.10.6371. It's dated about 6 months later than mine, but I wasn't comfortable using it because of the driver number seeming to be lower than what I have now.

But I'll download it and see if Update-Driver will accept is as valid and newer than what I have.

Interesting that it's downloading it from ftp.us.dell.com.....

Downloaded. The autostart said no compatible hardware. I tried an update-drivers and it too said there wasn't a usable driver in that package. So while it may claim model 9000, it isn't for my laptop/video combination.

I believe I still have the most up-to-date (but still old) driver available.

Edited by bkc56

So as to not be an idiot, I went back and double checked EVERYTHING. Went to the Dell web-site and made sure I had the lastest downloads. Unpacked it, ran update driver on it, and confirmed that what I have is the current driver.

So yes, I have had, and still have current drivers for my Dell Inspiron 8500 (almost old as dirt) laptop.

I had the same problem with Toshiba notebook. Just download the latest drivers from ATI webpage and install them by hand and it will work.

UVP: 1

Still the same problem with wrong rendering of players/npcs/animals when render fog and/or shadows is on...

Edited by groomsh