Eternal Lands Official Forums
PaulB

Triple Melinis Ogre spawn

Who exactly decided that anything was a 2 person spawn?

Sounds to me like the person who decided this was one of the analites that never wants to share anything.

Who exactly decided that anything was a 2 person spawn?

Sounds to me like the person who decided this was one of the analites that never wants to share anything.

When I went there I was told by the two people there fighting. I said "No way" because 3 ogres and then one of the guys IG us to complain and my entire guild said it was community "rule" which was not a descriptive reason for me to agree. Nobody could give me a good reason as to why to accept this.

Thats why I ask now.

First off, we all know that official rules do not allow any player to "claim" a spawn

Second, we know that "community rules" allow for a player to lay claim to a spawn (with conditions)

Clearly one can not serp a spawn that is not owned - so the paradox that is "community rules" exists.

By joining a guild, often one agrees to additional "guild rules" above and beyond the game rules. For better or worse, if the guild you are in believes this should be treated as a 2 person spawn, then one gets to play by the "guild rules" as well. The choice is obvious - one can obey the rules or convince the guild to change their views. Instead of discussing this in the EL forum, discuss it within the guild. If you don't like the outcome of the discussion, you can always leave the guild. :D

In the vast majority of cases where (potential) probelms arise, simply talking with the players is the best way to avoid conflict. I've had people who wish to train 3 players on the Melinis ogre spawn. I've had people who wish to train 4 (or more) players on the Melinis ogre spawn. Or players who don't wish to share and try to get every ogre they can, no matter how many others are there. With "resonable" players, we talk and come to some agreement. Others - let's just leave it as "you meet all types" and in the worst cases one can read about them in another section of this forum. :)

It is precisely because others have respected this spawn as a two player spawn when I was training that I make the effort to return the similar courtesy to them (and others). No one said training was easy. No one felt a need to insist that the location be moved or changed. The fact that it is so popular makes it hard (in its own way) to train there.

I didn't know it was considered a two-person spawn before I first visited but quickly learned that from some kind players who were there and took the time to explain it in a nice way to me. I've met lots of great players there since that time (and I've met a few not so great). Enjoy the game.

Edited by Darwin2M

If you're the kinda person who's happy on 1 ogre, why annoy 2 people by taking the third out of 3 ogres in a popular spawn, instead of going to one of the many unfrequented 1x spawns, where you wont annoy anyone?

If you're the kinda person who's happy on 1 ogre, why annoy 2 people by taking the third out of 3 ogres in a popular spawn, instead of going to one of the many unfrequented 1x spawns, where you wont annoy anyone?

Thats a good point, but why would 2 ppl bother about a 3rd person joining a triple ogre spawn?

Just telling that person to go to a single ogre spawn, that they can enjoy the triple one, doesnt make that much sense for me.

One spawn per person is fine IMO :)

Piper

Thats a good point, but why would 2 ppl bother about a 3rd person joining a triple ogre spawn?

Just telling that person to go to a single ogre spawn, that they can enjoy the triple one, doesnt make that much sense for me.

When 2 people are there they have 1 ogre each and share the 3rd, the presence of the 3rd means they don't have to wait as much for respawns. so for 2 people, this 3x spawn is better than each having a 1x to themselves.

if person 3 joins at melinis there are 3 people 3 used ogres - 3:3

if person 3 sees melinis is busy, goes elsewhere to a 1x, there are (globally) 3 people 4 used ogres - 3:4

this means person 3 can spread more happiness round the world by going away. And doing this is at no cost to him - he gets 1x ogre wherever he goes.

That's why its inconsiderate and lazy to just join in at melinis when you see its busy, and not go somewhere else.

Of course if ALL ogre spawns in the WHOLE game were busy (probably happens on sun tzu and scholars', otherwise only very rarely), then the melinis trainers should share.

That's why its inconsiderate and lazy to just join in at melinis when you see its busy, and not go somewhere else.

Rather, lazy for the people expecting to have melinis 2/3 people/ogre. I think I've made up my mind and will allow PaulB and other guildies to do whatever they feel is best. For a 3/3 or 2/3.

The only solid reason I see here why not to, is because its nice. So? Isn't it nice to let someone have all 3 ogres? Do we do it? No. why? well we're just not nice. :)

I kept that rule, just being "nice" but now I see that there's no reason to keep it that way, I thought there was a actual reason. :)

Sorry if this seems like flame or anything, school work driving me hard :P

~KgN

the actual reason Kagen is : greedy

*edit * original post just said greedy

Edited by Ateh

*Nods, nods, nodsNods*

Good thread, subject.

I've been wondering about same thing, but I've always listened to the ppl there and left >_<

1spawn/person - Yes

*EDIT* BTW this was my first time at this spawn. Forgot to mention that :)

and why you should ask ? and not just assume 3spawns =3 spots. thats alway been a 2 spot spawn and i have seen over 5 people waiting in line (its the best orge spawn in the game) if fair players are training there a north and south line as well. again the idea is that you share the spawns, and not jump ever kill becasue you can. not sure why people assume that they have more right than the next player but they do.

so in short yes you were serping the spawn

and u wana talk about serping? i went to spawn when only u were there, i started to train so u pulled a sword out and started killing them with it, but yet when you serp me, u do not have to balls to fight in a PK match pff.

*edit*and i forgot to add, if you dont like the melinis spawn, goto zirak crypt spawn, its PK so go with a wep, CoL, 1 summon, and diss+tele that way any1 come to take ur spawn u can fight them and its a 2 ogre spawn btw, in a place as small as melinis. *edit*

Edited by bigkav

I often ask if we can share the spawns. It's polite. If the other person's rude, just start killing. There is no official "community" rule for killing spawns. There is NO claim to spawns. Plain and simple. Greedy folks suck. If your guildies disagree, leave the guild. There are others out there.

lol i tried to make my point make sense to people who think they are nice (the people from the first half of the thread that seem to think sharing is really good fun, that to give up ogres to someone else gives a warm fuzzy feeling inside) to enlighten them as to how it is theyre actually making others unhappy, but yes kagen do feel free to make there people's lives harder at no gain to yourself, if thats what you want. after all, there is no reason to be nice, you say :)

lol i tried to make my point make sense to people who think they are nice (the people from the first half of the thread that seem to think sharing is really good fun, that to give up ogres to someone else gives a warm fuzzy feeling inside) to enlighten them as to how it is theyre actually making others unhappy, but yes kagen do feel free to make there people's lives harder at no gain to yourself, if thats what you want. after all, there is no reason to be nice, you say :P

I think you're missing the point. And no, just because I dont let someone have all three ogres, or 2 people have 3 ogres, doesnt mean I'm a mean and terrible dwarf. It means I want to train, they should accept that and move on, if they have a problem, then they need to play a barbie game where everythings happy :)

A while back (name changed for privacy, lets call him johny) johny jumped in when there was already 2 people there. I told him thats not how it worked (thats me, being greedy) and he said: "I dont give a ****". (thats him, being a smart player)

I now realize he did nothing wrong! he took a spawn, D'oh! Was it mean? No, not really, sure I didnt get the extre ogre every now and then, but I got really what a trainer should appreciate - a spawn.

And the gain part. You're right, training is worthless, I forgot. :)

EDIT: I really am not trying to flame you, honestly, but I see my messege as being somewhat harsh, so sorry :)

~KgN

Edited by kaGen

and u wana talk about serping? i went to spawn when only u were there, i started to train so u pulled a sword out and started killing them with it, but yet when you serp me, u do not have to balls to fight in a PK match pff.

*edit*and i forgot to add, if you dont like the melinis spawn, goto zirak crypt spawn, its PK so go with a wep, CoL, 1 summon, and diss+tele that way any1 come to take ur spawn u can fight them and its a 2 ogre spawn btw, in a place as small as melinis. *edit*

lol i was wondering when you were going to show up:P

yep it was just me i been there about 4 weeks training waiting my turn if 2 were active training, some times useing the north/south line some times not it kinda depends how the other was training taking 1 spawn sharing the other(you get one kill i get the next spawn and so on) its not perfect some time one player with get 3 spawn in a row..so what it happens, really depends on were the npc spawns no big deal only had problem with 2 guys you and a guy i cant remeber.

it the share the 3th spawn you seemed to not understand, you jumped off your own bags before picking it up in the rush to get the next kill not share but grabing ever spawn you could, mine as well if i was a bit slower than you now maybe its just me but that how i define serping (stealing spawn) weapon dont really matter. also bjing my bag, the orge had auto att and pulled me off my bag.

so yep you want to play like an ass, 2 can play that game i pulled out my sword, i can play like an ass too. #ignored you not long after and will stay that way.

some people dont seem to get the point that we all share the same game and no one person has more rights than the next. tbh i run into very few people that think they "own" spawns a small handful and yea your one of them.:-) you sould feel honored my ignore list is very short :)

The idea of this thread wasn't to start any flames here.

I asked a simple question as to the logic of the "setup" at the Melinis spawn.

I did leave the spawn and go train the ogre in Vermor Castle btw.

I just felt as nobody could me a reasonable answer as to why this spawn was that way.

All I knew was that I was at a triple spawn with two people training it and I didn't have to go looking for another spawn.

Either way it goes I know that if I have a hard time finding a spawn to use and there are only 2 training the triple spawn then I will go ahead and start training the third ogre.

I also have no problem if I am training there with one other person and a third comes to fight the remaining ogre.

I will just be happy that I have found a spawn to train my a/d until I have to reload at storage. :)

PaulB A.K.A Johny (LOL @ KaGen)

and u wana talk about serping? i went to spawn when only u were there, i started to train so u

lol i was wondering when you were going to show up:P

yep it was just me i been there about 4 weeks training waiting my turn if 2 were active training, some times useing the north/south line some times not it kinda depends how the other was training taking 1 spawn sharing the other(you get one kill i get the next spawn and so on) its not perfect some time one player with get 3 spawn in a row..so what it happens, really depends on were the npc spawns no big deal only had problem with 2 guys you and a guy i cant remeber.

it the share the 3th spawn you seemed to not understand, you jumped off your own bags before picking it up in the rush to get the next kill not share but grabing ever spawn you could, mine as well if i was a bit slower than you now maybe its just me but that how i define serping (stealing spawn) weapon dont really matter. also bjing my bag, the orge had auto att and pulled me off my bag.

so yep you want to play like an ass, 2 can play that game i pulled out my sword, i can play like an ass too. #ignored you not long after and will stay that way.

some people dont seem to get the point that we all share the same game and no one person has more rights than the next. tbh i run into very few people that think they "own" spawns a small handful and yea your one of them.:-) you sould feel honored my ignore list is very short :)

omfg u are the biggest nOOb ever, if u wana be an ass to me come fight me in PK, i would love to add you to my kills counter, and besides u just wrapped everything i told u when i was there to be as if u said it lol, i dont f**k with nOObs, its simple u wana be a man? u gotta beat a man, ill meet u in PK some day.

Edited by bigkav

When 2 people are there they have 1 ogre each and share the 3rd, the presence of the 3rd means they don't have to wait as much for respawns. so for 2 people, this 3x spawn is better than each having a 1x to themselves.

if person 3 joins at melinis there are 3 people 3 used ogres - 3:3

if person 3 sees melinis is busy, goes elsewhere to a 1x, there are (globally) 3 people 4 used ogres - 3:4

this means person 3 can spread more happiness round the world by going away. And doing this is at no cost to him - he gets 1x ogre wherever he goes.

Of course if ALL ogre spawns in the WHOLE game were busy (probably happens on sun tzu and scholars', otherwise only very rarely), then the melinis trainers should share.

You are obviously forgetting something: By training on one ogre of the triple spawn the person has chance to get two ogres if some of the three trainers leave, which they will eventually do.

:o

So 1 spawn per person it is? No more Melinis Ogre Trainers Mafia trying to set their own set of rules for their fav spawn?

If they post ppl in Outlaws we just call them n00bs and laugh kk.