Eternal Lands Official Forums
PaulB

Triple Melinis Ogre spawn

I visited the triple ogre spawn in Melinis and there were 2 fighters training there while a third person sat on the ground(apeared to be afk).

I seen that there were 3 ogres and 1 was left so I attacked it and the guy accused me of stealing the spawn. :)

I said something along the lines of "There are 3 ogres why should I give up this one?"

Now I agree that not one person owns a spawn I still respect the "rule" for obvious reasons.

Why should I respect this rule or does anyone agree with me that if there are 3 ogres there why should only 2 people be "respected" at that spawn?

Please shed some light on this subject because I am lost on it. . . :)

*EDIT* BTW this was my first time at this spawn. Forgot to mention that :P

Edited by Paul Brown

Three orges should be enough for three people.....people are gready and that spawn has often been referd to as a two person spawn. For a very long time now. But yes, there is room for three (1 person is better)

*EDIT* BTW this was my first time at this spawn. Forgot to mention that :)

and why you should ask ? and not just assume 3spawns =3 spots. thats alway been a 2 spot spawn and i have seen over 5 people waiting in line (its the best orge spawn in the game) if fair players are training there a north and south line as well. again the idea is that you share the spawns, and not jump ever kill becasue you can. not sure why people assume that they have more right than the next player but they do.

so in short yes you were serping the spawn

Edited by firstnite

community rules are usually unwritten in EL, and you learn them by playing the game. one of the community rules happens to be that the triple ogre spawn in melinis is a two-person spawn, like firstnite says. since this was your first time on the spawn, you have now learned a new community rule. accept it and move on i'd say.

I agree with Paul, making the assumption that it's 1 ogre per person is logical and fair.

There's 2 feros spawns near each other in NRM, and 2 fluffs near each other in a certain cave, but u dont ever see people laying claim to more than 1 spawn of those creatures.

If you want more than 1 of the monster for yourself, go train in a PK area and u can kill anyone who comes to your spawn(s).

Which makes complete sense, the people who really need more than 1 ogre to make decent exp are those with p/c "too high" for ogres. Why do they have high p/c?; for PK. So they are the exact people that should be training at PK spawns.

Back when i was training ogres with low p/c i was perfectly happy if i got 1 spawn. Often 3 people would train ogres in that cave, i even have proof:

http://www.paradoxcomputers.com.au/korrode/ogre_fighting.jpg

A person with the "right" p/c can make good enough exp off 1 ogre spawn, if u want big p/c to be stronger than all the low p/c ogre trainers in PK, then u either suffer the same penalty that all people with higher p/c do; low exp p/h, or u go train at a PK spawn.

Awesome exp can be made in the EV armed orc cave, and really is rarely checked by PK'ers.

The crypt in Zirakinbar iirc is a double ogre spawn.

That's my opinion anyways.

My opinion is simple, make it pk or all ppl will get annoyed coz of serping, u can make 10 topics about it but no1 will ever win in such discussions.

One side will say:

"If we want 1 ogre we dont go melinis, we come here for 2 or 3 ogre. If some1 doesnt understand it he or she is pure retarded. We got big p/c so single ogre isnt enough"

The other side will say:

"Ogre respawn time is small and its enough if u got only 1 for urself, share, other players also need exp, if u got too big p/c reset or go to armed orcs or do pvp."

Its endless imho, no need for such topics, places that r 2-3 times better from normal ones when it comes to gc and/or xp should be pk, ppl will go there anyways coz big money and exp will lure them.

Thats my opinion.

mp

As long as i can remember there has been 2 people at this spawn. Can get alittle confusing if anymore.

Um, isn't it less confusing if it's just simply 1 per person?

Plus i love how the top pkers who are long past this spawn say make it pk. lol

I dont really agree with MP about making it PK... i see where he's coming from, but just having accepted community policy being 1 spawn per person is the better solution imo.

Man, i was making xp on pk maps since i was in 40's, and back then there was no c2 so u always met pkers that pked u, i never used double or tripple ogres playing on masterpiter( i used them a lot while playing on pk server, on different account).

And im not top pker, i just like to pk and want el to have more pk, so when i see possibility to help it i post, thats all :bow_arrow:

<edit> typo

Edited by masterpiter

Man, i was making xp on pk maps since i was in 40's, and back then there was no c2 so u always met pkers that pked .

<edit> typo

Yes, I did the same back in the good old days when only 100 - 120 people were online in our timezone.

I used to train ogre in TD, before COL when iron plate was best armor.

Only used leather so no lost rosto if I got attacked.

I got very rare attacked and as I was training manu, no problem to loose some leather :bow_arrow:

As far as I am concerned one monster is a spawn.

Yes there are several spawns where if no one else is about you get to train on 2 or possibly 3, but 1 monster per spawn.

Simple!

I've been there regularly and even with 3 people, we could enjoy that spawn. It's simple about communication. If they are greedy, it's their problem, not yours. 1 person per 1 spawn. Simple.

Some people treat spawns as their RL would rely on them :P

I would say - relax

The game gets more enjoyable if you care more about player interactions rather than only about your exp math

Gazzillons of exp will not help you when you have no friends in game

Can someone engrave this to the granite obelisk and place in near wraith please? :P

Some people treat spawns as their RL would rely on them :P

I would say - relax

The game gets more enjoyable if you care more about player interactions rather than only about your exp math

Preach it Sis! :)

Although I don't hog or serp spawns and still have no friends! :)

I remember some guy who told me I could not train on the female orcs in Naralik catacombs because he was there first and needs both. Have a look at this thread

I feel sorry for you but when you created that post I wasn't even aware that EL exists :) leave the past behind you and look forward :P

For such situations my solution currently is quite simple - TTPR and find another place to train. EL world is a bit bigger than a dozen of the best-known spawns :) No point to waste time and nerves for discussions with serping morons

Consideration is a 2-way street. Both sides have to give a little. (EDIT: The following is MY OPINION ONLY.)

1- Everybody talks about "community rules" as if they are gospel. Fact: Only the official rules are official, and only the official rules get enforced. Community rules are just the custom of the day, and are subject to change as the community changes over time. It's good to be nice, but anyone who yells about enforcing community rules is kidding themselves if they think that argument has much weight.

2- Official rules say nobody owns a spawn and everybody has to respect other people's ability/desire to play the game. That does not mean that everybody has to respect a top fighter/trainer's desire to get X amount of exp per hour off his/her one particular favorite multi spawn every single hour of every single day. What it does mean is that even the top fighter/trainers should allow other people a turn on the good spawns as well.

3- In my opinion: Multi-spawn = multi-players. 1 spawn per person, so if there are 3 ogres, there's room for 3 players, even if that means each player gets less exp per hour. That's the nature of sharing. Sharing comes in 2 options: 3 players can use the triple spawn at the same time for a longer time; or each player/pair of players can use the spawn for a shorter time and then yield to the next player/pair.

4- If I'm working a multi-spawn and another player comes along: If I've been training for a good while, I'll yield the spawn to the new person; or if I'm close to a goal (level or amount of drops), I'll offer to share. What I will not do is just claim the whole spawn and keep training forever on the "I got here first" claim.

5- I fight several kinds of mobs at the same time, so it's no hardship for me to find another spawn if my first choice is taken. But if I really need to fight a certain mob for some reason, and some selfish person refuses to yield or share after a reasonable amount of time, I have no problem just taking what I think is my fair share of the spawns, regardless of how much he complains, because official rules trump community rules every time -- especially when community rules are only being cited to support some kind of "I got here first, so screw you" argument.

6- So, community rules might say that Melinis triple ogre spawn is optimal for two people, but I say that's more of a guideline than a rule, and if I were one of the two people training there, I would be happy to make room for a third to join in, or cut short my training to give waiting players their chance, in the spirit of the game.

Edited by peino

community rules are usually unwritten in EL, and you learn them by playing the game. one of the community rules happens to be that the triple ogre spawn in melinis is a two-person spawn, like firstnite says. since this was your first time on the spawn, you have now learned a new community rule. accept it and move on i'd say.

:P ermmm since when ????

When I was training ogres it was 3 spawns 3 people and always has been afaik.. If you want more than 1 orgre go Zirak crypt, you always have the option then of trying to kill anyone else who wants to train :)

(its the best orge spawn in the game)

I would have to disagree, Idaloran cave often has 2 free ogres, and zirak crypt has 2 and is VERY often free. Idaloran has some walking to do (not much) between spawns, zirak is PK, but a dis/tele ring should see you safe if you keep your wits. Plus there is no need for expensive stuff to train ogres.

IMO the drawbacks for these spawns are outweighed by the fact that you get more ogres to yourself, and there is none of the petty squabbling you find at melinis. Even the ogre/troll spawn in WSC is better IMO - same exp as sharing melinis and less problems.

(its the best orge spawn in the game)

I would have to disagree, Idaloran cave often has 2 free ogres, and zirak crypt has 2 and is VERY often free. Idaloran has some walking to do (not much) between spawns, zirak is PK, but a dis/tele ring should see you safe if you keep your wits. Plus there is no need for expensive stuff to train ogres.

IMO the drawbacks for these spawns are outweighed by the fact that you get more ogres to yourself, and there is none of the petty squabbling you find at melinis. Even the ogre/troll spawn in WSC is better IMO - same exp as sharing melinis and less problems.

I 100% agree. Back when I trained ogres, I would uselly check to see if menilis was completely free, if not, I just left the 1-2 trainers to peace and took zinkinbar cyrpt or idaloran.

~KgN

Generally I treat this as a two person spawn and most I've met do as well... so I would say that more than 75% of the players I've met have the unwritten rule of this tripple spawn being used as a two player area. Like it or not, that's what most seem to agree to and the unwritten rule I try to follow as well.

Why? Ogres are very desireable to train on at my a/d p/c level. I can't quite kill 2nd ogre before the first respawns - so if two players rotate through the three ogres, both can be training almost without any downtime - its the most efficient way to accumulate experience. Well, its efficient for the two training, but not efficient for those waiting.

I whole heartedly agree and support the other opinions offered here that there are good spawns elsewhere and I encourage everyone to go use those spawns... and leave this spawn all for me... hehehe. :rolleyes:

Just because you want uninterrupted income of ogres doesn't mean, it's a two person spawn. Most people are reasonable and if they see two people training there, they either wait or go find another spawn. But that does not automatically implies it's a two person spawn. If third person wants to train there, I don't see, why not let him to do so.

Why? Ogres are very desireable to train on at my a/d p/c level. I can't quite kill 2nd ogre before the first respawns - so if two players rotate through the three ogres, both can be training almost without any downtime - its the most efficient way to accumulate experience. Well, its efficient for the two training, but not efficient for those waiting.

I whole heartedly agree and support the other opinions offered here that there are good spawns elsewhere and I encourage everyone to go use those spawns... and leave this spawn all for me... hehehe. :)

Since when is training supposed to be easy for any of us? We are all going through the same thing, people who are now battling eachother over goblins in VOTD goldcave, will meet eachother at a later stage in NC southcave, Orvimon Crypt, Melinis ogre spawn, SKF fluffy spawn and so on... So WHY do so many people insist on claiming a spawn for a certain period of time? I still believe there is only 1 person who can seriously claim all spawns are his, and that is Radu, the rest of us are just passers by.

I am sorry but I truely dont understand what the continuous fuss is all about. Especially ogres respawn so quick, that it is VERY easy to share a spawn, and in Melinis, where there are 3 ogres, it should NOT be a problem if there are 3 people training there. Many players in the game are reasonable, depending of cours on the way you approach them yourself.

Just my 2 cents...

Later!