Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Pre rc9 fix for ati, nvidiago, s3, sis

We've installed this latest RC_9 release on all three PCs below. No loading or crash issues so far. Will continue testing however must say that last version has been very stable on all three platforms for more than 8 hours now.

Great job guys :)

One minor thing; Water Quality Shader option can not be adjusted from the default "0".

I have the same problem as DragonGoddess, I can't run it. I already have pre rc 9 and I've tried to re-install it several times and it still appears with the same error message. It is installed in my EL folder too.

Video card: GeForce Go 6150/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!

Vendor ID: NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Version: 2.0.1

perspective doesn't update until camera is rotated or I move. It also seems to be slightly different in its perspective.. looks like a rotation instead of a perspective change.

everything else look great, even shadows and cloud reflection

Edited by freeone3000

perspective doesn't update until camera is rotated or I move. It also seems to be slightly different in its perspective.. looks like a rotation instead of a perspective change.

That is known since the dawn of time.

We've installed this latest RC_9 release on all three PCs below. No loading or crash issues so far. Will continue testing however must say that last version has been very stable on all three platforms for more than 8 hours now.

Great job guys :)

One minor thing; Water Quality Shader option can not be adjusted from the default "0".

Umm, CAN YOU PLEASE TRY THE CLIENT POSTED IN THIS THREAD, NOT RC9?

(marack @ Mar 4 2008, 08:04 PM)

Great job guys

Umm, CAN YOU PLEASE TRY THE CLIENT POSTED IN THIS THREAD, NOT RC9

Sorry Radu...thats what I meant when I said 'latest RC_9' = el_pre_rc_9_ati_sis_s3_nvidiago.exe

Edited by marack

(marack @ Mar 4 2008, 08:04 PM)

Great job guys

Well, the how are you running it for 8 hours, when it was released like 2 hours ago?

Eight hours on the 'last version' = el_pre_rc_9.exe. I'll try an be a little more clear next time :)

Yes, it is your fault, called "selective reading".

Well usually you have that closer to the actual link... guess I do have selective reading. lol, most do *shrugs*

Everything seems to be working fine with this one though, good jog smashing those bugs... or did you use some RAID? lol

Didn't have any problems with RC9, but thought I'd try this one as well. I got an error trying to dowload it. "SDL_image.dll was not found".

Ok, perfect!

So now we only have the following problems:

1. Crash on one Intel card.

2. Problems with SiS and possibly S3 (will provide a fix for that soon)

3. Some problems with an ATI card if the Fog is enabled (don't use fog).

4. Problems with 16bpp modes, we might fix it or just require people to use 32bpp like the majority of the planet does :)

Anything that I am not aware of?

I loaded pre-rc-9 and added this client. The flicker problem is gone, but I've noticed the following things:

1. I can't get "fancy smoke" to show up. It was fine before, but nothing I set will bring it back.

2. For a while I couldn't get out of Portland storage. If I used the door-icon on the front door, I'd go to the side door and into that room. This happened multiple times as I tried various config options. Finally I tried the pointy-finger (use) and got out. But going back in, I couldn't get it to fail again. I suspect some combination of config options plus other stuff, but I can't find the right combination again.

If I find more issues, I'll edit or post.

Radu,

A few more things I found tonight:

On test server, when I tried to select one bag, it would move me to another bag. When I returned to main server, I noticed a similar result on IotF when I tried to enter the II igloo, it would take me to the Isc and vice versa.

What desktop color deepth?

I saw the same bag selection problem on the test server. It may also be related to the problem getting out of PL storage I mentioned above.

EL screen resolution: 1024 x 768 x 32

Desktop Color quality: Highest (32 bit)

Video card: MOBILITY RADEON 9000 DDR x86/SSE2

Vendor ID: ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL Version: 1.3.3842 WinXP Release

using 32 bpp. NPCs are clickable, mobs no. Had to rename shaders dir to let the client work (i get actors with no textures with shader on, the same of previous RCs)

here is the infos.log:

Max bones per mesh: 71
GL_MAX_PROGRAM_INSTRUCTIONS_ARB: 32768
GL_MAX_PROGRAM_NATIVE_INSTRUCTIONS_ARB: 128
GL_MAX_PROGRAM_TEMPORARIES_ARB: 256
GL_MAX_PROGRAM_NATIVE_TEMPORARIES_ARB: 12
GL_MAX_PROGRAM_PARAMETERS_ARB: 256
GL_MAX_PROGRAM_NATIVE_PARAMETERS_ARB: 192
GL_MAX_PROGRAM_ATTRIBS_ARB: 32
GL_MAX_PROGRAM_NATIVE_ATTRIBS_ARB: 16
GL_MAX_PROGRAM_ADDRESS_REGISTERS_ARB: 2
GL_MAX_PROGRAM_NATIVE_ADDRESS_REGISTERS_ARB: 1
GL_MAX_PROGRAM_LOCAL_PARAMETERS_ARB: 256
GL_MAX_PROGRAM_ENV_PARAMETERS_ARB: 256

EDIT: mmm...sometimes NPCs are not clickable, cant reproduce it tough

Edited by Fedora

Just thought I'd post. Updated the drivers (Taking 5 attempt's, not good at this stuff) and I still crash on log in. Unless I didn't install them correctly, I don't know what to do now.

Lang

using 32 bpp. NPCs are clickable, mobs no. Had to rename shaders dir to let the client work (i get actors with no textures with shader on, the same of previous RCs)

Same here (on Mac) until tonight.

Since tonight's CVS update EL does not want to use shaders for animation anymore and the textures are back.

Animation shaders and no textures was around 40 FPS at beam, w/o shaders and with textures I get 60+ FPS at beam ...

Maybe this is interesting:

Also in QE, the OpenGL compositor always uses 32-bit textures. So depending on the application, you may see better performance by using a 32-bit SDL surface since you avoid pixel format conversion.

http://www.libsdl.org/cgi/docwiki.cgi/FAQ_...ode_20is_20slow

(QE is QuartzExtreme)

WinXP ATI 9800 Pro flicker gone! :icon13::bow_arrow:

Too early. Sometimes window lines like in the mix window or inventory are not drawn brown but green, and those green lines flicker wildly. Tile flicker is gone, though.

Edited by Florian