I had flicker problems with pre8.

This solved the problem (so far)

Video card: ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 x86/SSE2

Vendor ID: ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL Version: 2.0.6388 WinXP Release

Video card: RADEON 9500 PRO / 9700 x86/SSE2

OpenGL Version: 2.0.7058 WinXP Release

No flickering after running el_prerc8_old_selection.exe within the EL folder.

Norrin

SOLVED for me ^^, no more flickering above or below - Good stuff!!

EDIT: this result is with VOB enabled and 'shader' folder intact. And now able to adjust the water shader option in View^^.

Edited by marack

Yup, looks like that cracked it :)

I would agree. It appears the flickering problem I saw is gone. I'd like to check some more times of day, but looks good.

While probably not addressed by this client, the following problem is still present:

I also noticed my cape was invisible or ghost-like (when fog was on) when viewed from the front. It looks normal from the back. This was true of other characters capes also (I stood next to the bot Nera and rotated the view and got the same effect). I thought it was related to the shaders, but when I re-named the directory back again, it was still invisible.

And while probably not a surprise, I noticed that the present/missing cape is the same in a water reflection as on me (but as I said, probably expected).

I would agree. It appears the flickering problem I saw is gone. I'd like to check some more times of day, but looks good.

While probably not addressed by this client, the following problem is still present:

I also noticed my cape was invisible or ghost-like (when fog was on) when viewed from the front. It looks normal from the back. This was true of other characters capes also (I stood next to the bot Nera and rotated the view and got the same effect). I thought it was related to the shaders, but when I re-named the directory back again, it was still invisible.

And while probably not a surprise, I noticed that the present/missing cape is the same in a water reflection as on me (but as I said, probably expected).

Screenshot please.

Screenshot please.
Sorry for the poor quality, but here's two pictures (side-by-side) of me and Nera both with our capes on. The one picture is just 180-degrees rotated from the other. You can see that our respective capes are visible from the back, not the front (other than over the shoulders).

(the person harvesting veggies is different so ignore the fact that the appearance changed)

gallery_8617_12_19611.gif

bkc's problem is because he doesn't have the new models-that should have been in the full pre rc.
Does that imply I didn't install things correctly, or that there is extra stuff that wasn't included in the RC install package?

With RC 8, i had the flicker problem and a selection problem and still had the inside map crashing problem.

With the old selection version of RC 8, the flicker is gone, and the selection is working fine, but still crashes on inside maps upon entry or pan.

Video card: MOBILITY RADEON 9200 DDR x86/SSE2

OpenGL Version: 1.3.4145 WinXP Release

Assuming that you did install the pre RC pack, this problem happens when running the old client. Is this the case?
I don't have a complete record of what all I've installed, but it looks like (based on the insllers still there) I did at least the following:

1. Created a copy of my current EL directory.

2. Installed el_pre_rc_22_02_07.exe

3. Installed el_pre_rc_01_03_08.exe

4. Added el_prerc8_old_selection.exe

And I noticed the problem with #3 and #4, I was not running the old client.

Looking back through the other pre_rc's and instructions, the only thing I can see is if the FIRST one (el_160_pre_RC.exe) was required before any of the following pre_rc's. But even now looking back at the RC #2 and #3 instructions I don't see anything that says I needed to do #1 first. I assumed each pre_rc was self-contained and to be installed on top of an existing EL installation with el_prerc8_old_selection being only the executable to be used on the full #8 installation.

So, did I just publically admit to messing up and getting myself banned? :icon13:

Well since Roja thinks it's a simple case of something missing, and no one else is seeing it, I guess we can just ignore it. (btw, I did doulble check that my shaders directory isn't still re-named, and it's correct too)

The flicker problem was taken away, but I got the problem back from the first rc client, of invisible people when I have low FPS. Here is a screenie of the problem.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/uploads...68_12_49100.jpg

Video card: ATI Radeon Xpress Series

OpenGL Version: 2.1.7278 Release

Edited by DragonGoddess

Now no matter what I type its all like I'm holding down the shift key, cannot type 1-0 and always looks in cap locks

Just the patchy character and keys while fog render is selected.

this is screeny without fog

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/7537/normalkh7.png

These are with fog rendering

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4143/patchycharlg4.png

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/9900/patchycreatursrui5.png

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8274/closepatchyav6.png

this is a screeny with a water glitch in MM just above the arena.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7067/cl...hflickerag8.png

only thing that doesn't load on the video card is

Couldn't find the GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc extension, not using it... if its any help

Edited by Zephlix

no flicker now but the frame rate is a lot lower with this than the other RC8, from 35 down to about 10 with the same settings.

Edited by anima

Well since Roja thinks it's a simple case of something missing, and no one else is seeing it, I guess we can just ignore it. (btw, I did doulble check that my shaders directory isn't still re-named, and it's correct too)

I have the same problem. My install sequence is similar to yours bkc56. I was already suspecting it would be something missing from the pre rc distribution or some error i made during installing, nothing too serious to post anyway i thought. My guess is it will be fixed when installing the final release correctly ;)

no flicker now but the frame rate is a lot lower with this than the other RC8, from 35 down to about 10 with the same settings.

Systrem specs? Please see the thread where I asked people to put their video card info in their signature.