Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

RC 8

If you have flashing problems, do the following:

Enable frame buffer and VBO (where supported).

Otherwise, disable shaders and reflections.

Please post the results here.

It appears VBO has resolved my flicker issues.

Crash on logon attempt. Vista on HP Pavillion 6000 Intel 945 Mobile

Video card: Intel 945GM

Vendor ID: Intel

OpenGL Version: 1.4.0 - Build 7.14.10.1350

Regarding Ground elements flashing;

I have all my graphics/video options enabled for previous RCx versions. RC8 is giving me ground element flashing in the EVTR "cellar" and "cave" but not in the above ground.

I disabled the frame buffer (and VBO) with no effect. I then re-enabled these then tried turning off reflections and water shaders option off...this too had no effect on the flashing anomaly in these locations.

Ok, if you still have the flicker, try this: Rename the shaders directory as shaders_ (or whatever else, but do not delete it). Start the pre rc8 client, see if it works or not, and post the results here.

Crashes when blue bar is loaded and it just logs but the screen is blank. And where do I type this #glinfo? If it's in game then I can't.

Crashes when blue bar is loaded and it just logs but the screen is blank. And where do I type this #glinfo? If it's in game then I can't.

Type it in the old client.

If you have flashing problems, do the following: ...

I tried VBO on/off. Frame Buffers are off and it won't let me turn them on. I turned off shadows/reflections. None of this helped.

I renamed the shaders folder and re-tried all of the above options on/off. When I was done, every option under Detail, Adv Video, and Eye Candy was turned off. I of course saw the shadows, reflection, etc. go on/off and stuff like that as I changed settings.

None of this stopped the flickering of specific ground tiles.

Just as a point of interest, I noticed the tops of the chimneys in Portland are also flickering like the specific ground tiles. It only seems to be tiles that have a mixture of items on them (grass/ground, ground/bricks, dirt/grass, etc).

I also noticed my cape was invisible or ghost-like (when fog was on) when viewed from the front. It looks normal from the back. This was true of other characters capes also (I stood next to the bot Nera and rotated the view and got the same effect). I thought it was related to the shaders, but when I re-named the directory back again, it was still invisible.

None of these are "fatal" problems (the game doesn't crash), they're just annoying.

mouse wont change, same with RC7...cant talk to NPC, cant attack, cant trade

Log started at 2008-03-02 16:19:28 localtime (Pacific Standard Time)

[16:19:28] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el_pre_rc_8.e. Failover to server: main.

[16:19:28] Using the server profile: main

[16:19:48] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst

[16:19:48] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

[16:19:49] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst

[16:19:50] Error creating buffer: Invalid Name

[16:19:50] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/custom_files.lst

[16:19:50] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/custom_files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

[16:19:51] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/custom_files.lst

[16:21:11] stop_stream - Error stopping stream - error: Invalid Value

Last message repeated 8 times

[16:25:57] Client closed

Video card: GeForce 7100 GS/PCI/SSE2

Vendor ID: NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Version: 2.0.3

infos.log

Log started at 2008-03-02 16:19:31 localtime (Pacific Standard Time)

Init extensions.

Generating 3D noise: octave 1/4...

Generating 3D noise: octave 2/4...

Generating 3D noise: octave 3/4...

Generating 3D noise: octave 4/4...

Compressing noise

Building noise texture

Done with noise

Filter lookup texture

Init extensions done

Init eyecandy

Init eyecandy done

Init actor defs

Init actor defs done

Init lights

Init done

Init done!

Edited by Jen_Marie38

Video card: ATI Radeon HD 3870

Vendor ID: ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL Version: 2.1.7278 Release

Shift keys don't work to log in. Can't use the shift 1-0 keys, no @#$ so I can't type chat, get patchy characters/animals only when I render fog,

Throwing no other errors though ;)

Edited by Zephlix

Video card: Intel 965/963 Graphics Media Accelerator

OpenGL Version: 1.5.0 - Build 7.14.10.1409

it is a step further compared to previous RCs, but now I crashed after login

yep you did it. ;) it works with nvidia geforce 7500LE

and this is how it can look like ...

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/5636/elscreen001gf3.jpg

there is just a little bug when you change the resolution after starting the game.. i get crazy shapes but after a restart its fine again.

Edited by SolarStar

Video card: Intel 945GM

OpenGL Version: 1.4.0 - Build 7.14.10.1409

Also crashes after i log in. Whereas [el_pre_rc_26_02_07_no_vertex_programs] worked fine before.

Lang- ;)

Video card: ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO

Vendor ID: ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL Version: 2.1.7278 Release

I get a crash when i try change the resolution (800x600x32b -> 1024x768x32b)

Also turning on shadows and/or render fog, renders players/bots weird -> see [this] video (20MB)

Groomsh

ATI RADEON x700 Series

New ATI drivers this time (catalyst 8.24/drivers 8.24 - Compatible with every ATI card btw). uninstalled omega and whole windows to get newer version of windows (no vista just some xp bugfixes and new extensions in graphic drivers)

OpenGL: 2.1.7278 Release (updated that with new drivers)

now everything works fine, no problems anymore with RC8.

(had the problems with RC7, but this also works now after updates)

Edited by Tempest

Works finally, but with the flashing as seen in the other rc's.

ATI Radeon 9200SE, Omegadrivers 3.8.252

Video card: GeForce FX 5200/AGP/SSE2/3DNOW!

OpenGL Version: 2.1.2

VERY low FPS when water comes on the screen and a bit of lag from time to time

elscreen013.jpg

elscreen014.jpg

Glad to here that you may have a fix for the flicker problem ^^.

I stated previously...

Regarding Ground elements flashing;

I have all my graphics/video options enabled for previous RCx versions. RC8 is giving me ground element flashing in the EVTR "cellar" and "cave" but not in the above ground.

I disabled the frame buffer (and VBO) with no effect. I then re-enabled these then tried turning off reflections and water shaders option off...this too had no effect on the flashing anomaly in these locations.

And with my 'shader' folder renamed 'shader_' had no effect on the flicker as noted.

However this morning when I logged into game (using pre_RC8) I noticed that the EL time was 3:25. At this time the outside EVTR Map had no ground flicker and I still had 'cellar and 'cave' flicker. Then the EL sunset (3:30) and I began to see flicker on the outside EVTR Map!

Don't no if this is significant or not but thought that it might be helpful info.

EDIT: On EVTR Map - At precisely 0:30 EL time (sun rise) the above ground flickering stopped!! However flickering continues in the 'cellar; and 'ancient cave/tunnels'. Everything else seems fine^^. Note that the 'Water Shader Quality' feature is stuck at '0' - cant seem to adjust it. Everything else works in View Options tho.

EDIT: No above ground elements are flickering on other MAPs during daylight hours.

Edited by marack

Video card: GeForce FX 5200/AGP/SSE2/3DNOW!

VERY low FPS when water comes on the screen and a bit of lag from time to time

Same here, turn water shader quality to '0' and should work.

Video card: GeForce FX 5200/AGP/SSE2

(funny, we have almost exact same stats O.o)

~KgN

Ok, I think I know what the flicker might be from, I will provide a new client tomorrow.

The flicker will not show up in screen shots, tried both the ctrl+p method and using gimp to capture.

This video shows an example, but the screen is flashing about 2-3 times a second. Crappy screen capture software...

I can make the flicker stop by hovering over a button to get a tooltip and then leaving the game window. As long as I leave the cursor outside the EL window the flicker is gone, move it back and it resumes.