Eternal Lands Official Forums
kibora

Rotating minimap

The smaller size I requested because the larger size was just way too big. The only way you'd use it is if you're in a high resolution at full screen I guess, which if possible to have an option to make it larger/smaller would be fine.

Exactly, it looks quite small on my LCD monitor (1680x1050). Of course it shouldn't become too big as to be inconvenient for people with smaller monitors, so the "double size" option is necessary, hope it's not too hard to implement.

And I think there was some problem with the zoom being greater, I don't remember. But right now it's working fine.

Nice! ;)

Rehdon

I mean, i'ts working fine as in, the current zoom in the current RC works fine imo ;) I don't mean that there's a greater zoom like you're asking for.

I agree that the current map is too tiny. Most people these days with modern computers, as required to play EL, have monitors with high resolutions. Hence there should be either an option to use a larger version of the minimap or the minimap should become scale-able.

funny thing, i dont use it coz its way to big for my taste. :P

i play in windowed mode @800x600 and have usually a lot of other programs open, wathing tv or dvd while playing is normal ;)

I mean, i'ts working fine as in, the current zoom in the current RC works fine imo ;) I don't mean that there's a greater zoom like you're asking for.

Oh, I see :P Well I hope the minimap devs will consider improving the zoom, the old minimap zoom level was much more usable for me (and I guess for others as well).

Rehdon

By popular demand (and Roja's approval of course), I've added a config option to set the minimap size. The default value is the previous 0.7 but you can change that value between 0.5 and 1.5 in increments of 0.1. Hope that's OK. Let me know you you want a different range. If the map is open when you change the size it's a little slow to respond. Easily less than a second on my five year old machine so not so bad to cause problems IMHO. I went for the simple option of destroying and recreating the window each time.

A guildie just mentioned that there is no way to zoom the new minimap without mousewheel. I thought about adding a key handler for keypad + and - as a substitude for the mouse wheel.

Patch

Any comments?

Edited by ago

A guildie just mentioned that there is no way to zoom the new minimap without mousewheel. I thought about adding a key handler for keypad + and - as a substitude for the mouse wheel.

Patch

Any comments?

This works fine and of course we need something for people without a scroll wheel. Therefore I'll commit this change with a minor modification to move the common code into a single function. Thanks ago.

I thought about adding a key handler for keypad + and - as a substitude for the mouse wheel.
Since Page Up/Down zooms the image, would it make sense for the same keys to zoom the mini-map?

I thought about adding a key handler for keypad + and - as a substitude for the mouse wheel.
Since Page Up/Down zooms the image, would it make sense for the same keys to zoom the mini-map?

I almost did this before but now I have. Thanks bkc56.

I just wanted to say I love the new round, rotating, re-sizable mini-map. My thanks to all involved.