Eternal Lands Official Forums
Banedon

ignoring people on pk server

Well, no amount of text being displayed to me, whatever it may read, would be enough to deter me.

I agree some things are un-called for, and it's not like i regularly engage in flame wars or make personal/sexual/racial comments about people, but it just doesn't phase me that much if others do. A brief annoyance, maybe respond with a flame or two... thats it, then its all over, and i'll have forgotten about the whole thing in an hour.

But i guess if most people just cant operate that way, ok fine... everyone post everytime someone else says something that you consider to be "gone too far"...

maybe request some mods for the PK server too...

oh oh, and an outlaws section...

and then there's that pesky multi-play, that'll have to go for sure...

;)

Insulting me, my mom, and in some cases my wife, is NEVER about thrashtalking and having fun, its about beeing a degenerate fuck (giggles, i had a lot of fun typing that).

Well, i got insulted like that many times on main server too, so nothing new, here u can at least reply as bad/strong as u only can w/o going to pms or worring about mod warnings or boot/ban from the server :P

U also need to remember ppl who insult u r pissed they cant hurt u in any possible way except just that, so use it to ur advantage ;)

Considering this thread. Do you guys honestly think it is something that would encourage people to joing PK server? I don't mean ones that joins it for pure fun of trashtalking and insulting others >.< I find it gross.

Considering this thread. Do you guys honestly think it is something that would encourage people to joing PK server? I don't mean ones that joins it for pure fun of trashtalking and insulting others >.< I find it gross.

Somehow i have to agree with Vanyel.

Dont you ppl have anything better to do than such a bullshit?

Piper

I used to play the pk server. Mostly I stopped cuz there weren't enough fun people to play with. But the number of extremely immature people talking, not trash but total crap, to me certainly didn't help. I have a tendency to take such things personally, so I decided I wasn't really cut out for the pk server. Its a shame, because I do really like the added element of risk and excitement over there, in fact I like everything about it BUT the extreme immaturity of the most vocal players. I think that a lot of experienced main server players would really like it too, but be turned off for the same reason I was. The immature trash talkers (as opposed to the mature trash talkers :dry:) are killing the PK server all by themselves by being the biggest possible idiots they can. And why... just cuz... they can.

Sure, I could have #ignored all those people, but I can't ignore the entire atmosphere of the pk server, which has been infected with this kind of extreme immaturity. Good luck to everyone still playing there!

Absolutely positively agreed. Even I went over a few times and yuck. That is the turnoff, not the pk aspect. If these people are the advertisements for the pk server, no wonder it's dead.

Here is 1 BIG GIANT PROBLEM. . .

What nobody seems to realize is that the kinds of talk that went on in the convo brought up in this forum IS and ALWAYS has been in the PK server.

Not by just me but BY LOTS OF OTHERS also.

The only reason this is brought into the light is because 1 person decided to post it. (I believe there was another post on a similar issue).

This issue was talked out in forums and I thought that there was an understanding. We handled it NOT THROUGH MODERATION but through regular chat (Could have been done in PM rather than give the PK server a bad name)

The kind of chat that was going on WAS THOUGHT TO BE ACCEPTABLE IN THE PK SERVER because it HAS been going on from day 1.

But I was the first to say that my chat was too excessive (so immature to admit that though *sarcastic*)

IRL I am very mature (Raise 2 kids and GF all by myself and my kids behave properly)

What I say in a game DOES NOT show how I live my real life.

I already said it in one of my earlier post that I will let my brain do more of the typing that I let my fingers do.

If you can sit there and tell me that you have never been caught up in a moment then you are lying 100%.

Everyone makes a mistake and I feel that I have made a serious effort to fix that.

You can flame all you want but this issue WAS worked out between the ones acually involved.

And I am serious about this kind of chat being frequent in the PK server. Anyone that has spent a little time there could tell you that themselves.

you know here is my last post on this. PAULB you see how this post was started. It was started as a reminder you could ignore people. THan you felt in necessary to flame me in here and tell me to go play on the main server if I could not handle trash talk.

SO I just proved that I could and when it goes excessive like you did that it is unacceptable.

SO read back through and realize you turned it from a simple hey. Just iggie egow and the server is so much more fun to a flame war here. IT seems that you have no idea of reality. and why don't you talk in chat like you would around your kids.

I correct my wife when she swears for no real reason even when not around our kids, because she could do it accidently around the kids. Than our kids would be talking the way most of your chat is a broken record of extreme vulgarity.

really is it necessary you guys fight in public ? ;(

what good does that do?

does it solve or help the situation?

ask yourselves that ;(

and as for pk server, its sad that people flame and talk in a racistic way and etc; but thats the way it is.

Edited by Melisande

I am truley sorry that you were offended by what was said and as the leader of Egow pk I give you my sincerest apologies for it. Next time im on i will talk to them and set a few rules for the way we do these things.

Kurok GM EGOW PK

Its sad to see and read these very bad words. But Everybody uses it sometimes if he(she) is angry. Reason is death mostly. But Its pk server and you have to be cool after death. Its very hard but death is normal at pk server. Its better to say something normal after fight and death. But you dont lose anything expensive now. Nothing like dragon full set or titan set. Pk server is about dying and bad words are not good on it.

Pk server is young child. System of playing is same as at main server. Then I dont understand many bad words after death. If you dont want to die, stay on main server. Its hard to be cool after death. Nobody likes to die but EL is about dying.

Many ppl have complex. People think that they are immortal. If they died in game and lost something then they are angry.Why? Because they spent time to get it. Its simple to use very bad words if you are weak player and you died by strong player. Its happen. Not only in EL or other multipayer game. Many ppl die in single player games and they are angry too but you cant say something bad to anonymous ppl on internet but only ppl around you.

This thread is better in Outlaws or Abuse topic but It happens at pk server.

It will be better for Sir Exeus and Paul Brown after death to go 5 minutes away from computer. Its better for health.:dry:

Even I went over a few times and yuck. That is the turnoff, not the pk aspect. If these people are the advertisements for the pk server, no wonder it's dead.
I've found a really simple fix for this: #lc 1. I did this weeks ago and have found the quiet very enjoyable.

Even I went over a few times and yuck. That is the turnoff, not the pk aspect. If these people are the advertisements for the pk server, no wonder it's dead.
I've found a really simple fix for this: #lc 1. I did this weeks ago and have found the quiet very enjoyable.

I cant complain about channel 1, but that might be the grace of a different time zone :happy:

Piper

I cant complain about channel 1, but that might be the grace of a different time zone :(

Piper

No, Piper, it's not a different time zone. I'm on during their time zone, and for the most part, it is pretty quiet. But, there are the occasional pissing contests. Rarely do they get this excessive. The idea that this is the norm is wrong; however, it does occasionally happen and it does need to stop.

The majority of flames on the server are not this bad, nor should they be. Certainly there is swearing, but cruelty with the intent of personal insult is entirely different. PaulB has apologized, but now he can show he's sorry by being one of the ones to help stop it. When he sees someone else going to far, it is not inappropriate to tell them to stop. I told someone to stop not to long ago and the of course the response was "who made you a mod?" but then he actually did stop. If other people had stepped up and said "you're going too far" during this conversation, it may have stopped. Most people are not entirely unreasonable, and the rest can be ignored.

No, I'm not a mod. We are all moderators of our own words and actions and as evidenced by this thread, there are consequences. But we're all each other's moderator's, too. We are not only protecting other people, we are protecting the server. If you want the server to continue (and I'm talking to everyone who plays it) it is is YOUR personal responsibility to moderate it.

I had a lot more to say, but sun tzu just started :D

Sadly even I don't play the PK server much, to many people just blah blah blah blah, you can't say 1 word with out getting 100 unimportant responses. Just a bunch of crap from every 1 else. I was having a debate in channel 1 with Korrode (we were arguing over the stone crap) and some random dude just pops up and starts runnin ghis mouth (or hittin ghis keyboard however u want to look at it) .... any way I logged off because I was sick of it =/

I used to play the pk server. Mostly I stopped cuz there weren't enough fun people to play with. But the number of extremely immature people talking, not trash but total crap, to me certainly didn't help. I have a tendency to take such things personally, so I decided I wasn't really cut out for the pk server. Its a shame, because I do really like the added element of risk and excitement over there, in fact I like everything about it BUT the extreme immaturity of the most vocal players. I think that a lot of experienced main server players would really like it too, but be turned off for the same reason I was. The immature trash talkers (as opposed to the mature trash talkers ;)) are killing the PK server all by themselves by being the biggest possible idiots they can. And why... just cuz... they can.

Sure, I could have #ignored all those people, but I can't ignore the entire atmosphere of the pk server, which has been infected with this kind of extreme immaturity. Good luck to everyone still playing there!

Absolutely positively agreed. Even I went over a few times and yuck. That is the turnoff, not the pk aspect. If these people are the advertisements for the pk server, no wonder it's dead.

Also completely agree. I played for a bit but for several reasons including the terrible langauge, selfishness, immaturity of a large population of the PK server. On chan 1 you just get people constantantly swearing for no reason, trying to really seriously offend people who did nothing to them. I think the majority of the EL community who play on main are totally against it, if the so called "hardcore" PK server players stopped then they could stop complaining about the PK server being dead. What comes around goes around.

Im confused

is there more than one PK server ???

I am online alot on the PK server and most of us that play enjoy occasional chat in channel

You guys that dont play or hardly play must be talking about a different game

first you say that its dead on here then i read ( you can't say 1 word with out getting 100 unimportant responses )

make up your mind you cant have it both ways

I did not witness the event that triggered this thread

From what i remember those of you that dont play here anymore But keep slagging off th PK server were the ones that used to bad mouth in channel anyway

We that do play, have alot of fun and enjoy the game

There are still new people joining the game all the time

But those of you that QUIT cound'nt handle it or just gave up too easy then please you have no clue what its like on here now

All you seem to want to do is still Bad Mouth but now in the forums instead

So either come back play for a while and see if you can help the server out

Or just stop using any chance you get to slag it off

This thread has passed its sale by date now as its gone off topic from original thread

We who play want this to work but it seems some of those that gave up dont

Im sorry if this post is a bit hard but come on if you dont want to help us then just let us be

Thank You handy

First of all I didn't appologize to lonewolfe.

I only stated that after reading the chat log the things that I said were over-the-top.

I still don't feel bad for saying them.

lonewolfe was the one to FIRST #ig us to start a flame in the first place.

You can never rely on posted chat logs cause there was quite a lot of stuff left out from his post.

His chat log starts off with me saying "lonewolfe came to MM and asked me to suck his ****"

But in reality(in-game reality that is) lonewolfe #IG us with a flame to start it.

I DO AGREE that from now on I will not just type what my fingers say but I will type with my brain.

I could care less if you(nobody specific) think what I said was immoral.

How I play a game is not how I live my life.

I have compassion for people IRL but in a game things are different.

I was only following the example that was set by many others that played in the PK server.

If someone gets offended by something said in a server that allows way more than the main then maybe you need to go back and play in the main.

Radu already said he didn't give a shit about the chat going on in the server.

The PK server was meant to be way more independent than the main. NO MODERATORS there.

As we all know, if there were no moderators in the main server than there would be just as much, if not more, shit talk going on in the main.

Personally I had no idea that the swearing was causing people to quit the PK server.

But should I feel bad that things that me/others are saying are causing distress in others real lives? NO WAY!

Why should it matter to me that someone gets so easily offended by the word "fuck" or "dick"?

And you better believe that if someone wants to start flaming us in-game then I will gladly return the favor.

If I had 1 cent for everytime someone called me a "fag" or a "dick head" in the PK server than I would be rich.

I never have taken it personal like lonewolfe or others have, but I guess that is just me.

What someone says to me in the game is not going to affect me IRL so why should I care.

@ those who make comments about how I raise my family

1. I raise my kids with more respect than I give any of you because their my family.

2. If you can judge someones personal life by how they play a game then you really need to get a life of your own.

3. People play games to ESCAPE from the dullness of everyday life.

4. Why not consider the example that was made for the PK server by the people that had these issues starting day 1.

If for 1 seconds I had thought that the things I was saying were wrong to do then I would have never said them to begin with. I was given an example of what was "acceptable" in the PK server and it turned out it was a bad one.

I already stated that I would be more careful with what I say in the PK server but I have no problem telling someone there to "go fuck yourself" once in a while.

PaulB

If for 1 seconds I had thought that the things I was saying were wrong to do then I would have never said them to begin with. I was given an example of what was "acceptable" in the PK server and it turned out it was a bad one.

I already stated that I would be more careful with what I say in the PK server but I have no problem telling someone there to "go fuck yourself" once in a while.

PaulB

Who the hell's example were you following? Stricken's? Grendal's? These are 15-year-old children. You're an adult. You don't follow their example; you set it.

If someone gets offended by something said in a server that allows way more than the main then maybe you need to go back and play in the main.

The PK server was meant to be way more independent than the main. NO MODERATORS there.

You sure as hell better believe that radu will give a shit if people are leaving the PK server because you can't watch your mouth. That's real money out of his pocket. There will be consequences if WE DON'T

PaulB

Who the hell's example were you following? Stricken's? Grendal's? These are 15-year-old children. You're an adult. You don't follow their example; you set it.

You sure as hell better believe that radu will give a shit if people are leaving the PK server because you can't watch your mouth. That's real money out of his pocket. There will be consequences if WE DON'T

I could care less about your reason.

I paid my money for my characters just like everyone else. If Radu said he doesn't care about the chat that goes on there then I dont care either.

I don't have to set an example for ANYONE BUT MY OWN kids. So you can kiss my ass if you don't like the way I chat in-game.

Edited by Paul Brown