Eternal Lands Official Forums
Fourier

Spawn Etiquette III

Im not a summoner so I havent a clue to answer to this question, maybe someone can help:

Whats is the exp ratio between summoning a creature yourself or making a stone.. do you get more xp for the stone or less ? IMO the stone should give a lot less xp than the standard summon.. Why ? well the summoning skill should be about errrrmm summoning and not making stones ( I have always thought the stones are more suited to the crafting skill myself but o well )

there is no way to summon a normal white tiger, there is the normal way to summon a bear tho, you make less exp but therefor you need 15 levels more.

u should look at it like this. you guys got MANY ways you can make gc with ur stuff, for pot its Ts pots, srs, and other pots. for alch its the essies that you can make in massive amounts with arti cape, and for summoning, there are only the stones where u can make a little amount of gc. so summoners alrdy have the hardest skill, and until lvl 40 you need 600-800kgc to invest which u dont need in any other skill.

lol summon level 8 \o/ so I normally skip that part of the encyc, but pretty weird that you cant summon a white tiger without a stone :confused: ( maybe that should be changed) and as for the bears ...

Standard summon: level needed 45 xp: 90

Bear stone : level needed 30 xp: 200

To me that is seriously mixed up.. you should get more xp for actually summoning the creature ( since that is the point of the skill) compared to making a stone, and I totally understand we all love to make gold from our chosen skills, but before the stones were introduced I dont think summoning was supposed to be a money making skill was it ? more like tailoring and just a money sink

Im not a summoner so I havent a clue to answer to this question, maybe someone can help:

Whats is the exp ratio between summoning a creature yourself or making a stone.. do you get more xp for the stone or less ? IMO the stone should give a lot less xp than the standard summon.. Why ? well the summoning skill should be about errrrmm summoning and not making stones ( I have always thought the stones are more suited to the crafting skill myself but o well )

there is no way to summon a normal white tiger, there is the normal way to summon a bear tho, you make less exp but therefor you need 15 levels more.

u should look at it like this. you guys got MANY ways you can make gc with ur stuff, for pot its Ts pots, srs, and other pots. for alch its the essies that you can make in massive amounts with arti cape, and for summoning, there are only the stones where u can make a little amount of gc. so summoners alrdy have the hardest skill, and until lvl 40 you need 600-800kgc to invest which u dont need in any other skill.

lol summon level 8 \o/ so I normally skip that part of the encyc, but pretty weird that you cant summon a white tiger without a stone :confused: ( maybe that should be changed) and as for the bears ...

Standard summon: level needed 45 xp: 90

Bear stone : level needed 30 xp: 200

To me that is seriously mixed up.. you should get more xp for actually summoning the creature ( since that is the point of the skill) compared to making a stone, and I totally understand we all love to make gold from our chosen skills, but before the stones were introduced I dont think summoning was supposed to be a money making skill was it ? more like tailoring and just a money sink

k ill explain it like this.

there is totally NO WAY to make any other gc out of summoning.

for the 200xp you get from the stone, you have to carry 244 emu ings with you, if you make them in a bag you have the risk of getting bjed, and you actually get bjed often.

there is NO SKILL that is as hard as summon, there is NO SKILL that is as Costy as summon, and you think summoners dont deserve those 200exp if they dont even make profit on bears?

all the other skills make profit somehow, summoning doesnt (ok manu doesnt too but theres no item that gives 200 xp and weighs 244emu)

does that finally make sense to u?

EDIT: sorry misunderstood u first. no summoning wasnt meant to be a money sink, it was meant to be an advantage in PK.

Edited by Tempest

for the 200xp you get from the stone, you have to carry 244 emu ings with you, if you make them in a bag you have the risk of getting bjed, and you actually get bjed often.

there is NO SKILL that is as hard as summon, there is NO SKILL that is as Costy as summon, and you think summoners dont deserve those 200exp if they dont even make profit on bears?

all the other skills make profit somehow, summoning doesnt (ok manu doesnt too but theres no item that gives 200 xp and weighs 244emu)

EDIT: sorry misunderstood u first. no summoning wasnt meant to be a money sink, it was meant to be an advantage in PK.

I have never said i dont think summoners deserve 200 xp for stones ( or even to make a profit) but imo a standard summon ( that requires a higher level and being the original purpose of the skill) should give more xp than a stone.

ie: 200xp for the stone but 300-400 for the summon

Edited by conavar

Some people really don't get it how bad it is for the economy to have an item ingame that gives profit on all lines. It just causes mass inflation, and that's not something we want :confused:

I have never said i dont think summoners deserve 200 xp for stones ( or even to make a profit) but imo a standard summon ( that requires a higher level and being the original purpose of the skill) should give more xp than a stone.

sorry articulated myself wrong, didnt mean it as it sounded :(

anyway yeh it should give more exp, but if i think about how much it must be changed then to make it for everyone fair, its not easy xD

and to cycloon, i do get it, but if u complain about 50gc each stone beeing bad for the economy, go to irinveron cave and cry please. cause there on yetis u can get ~160gc each :confused:

and to cycloon, i do get it, but if u complain about 50gc each stone beeing bad for the economy, go to irinveron cave and cry please. cause there on yetis u can get ~160gc each :confused:

No killing yetis is an income like newbs have on gobs. Getting gc from monsters actually should be the main entrance for money. If you can get gc from making things, and selling them without actually making a thing yourself (buy all stuff like LE, gypsum, furs) you can just keep making money without doing shit. Fighters still have a risk to lose armor, they use HE and SRS for a fair cost when compared to drops and this is not the case for summoning stones. If there keeps more money coming ingame gc will be worthless in no time, if there is more gc ingame than raw materials no one will take gc since it will be worthless.

Edited by Cycloonx

Anyhow back to Radu's post.

I personally cant see how reducing the price/xp of tiger stones would stop spawn hogging, all that would do is replace the fighters farming for cash with the summoners themselves , wouldnt it be easier just to make tiger stones use all tiger furs, white and normal thus freeing up aload more spawns ?

Edited by conavar

Blame removal stones! without them not many ppls woud though of making money to be once a great PKer...

making pps with hydro was just sad idea...

and if u anin't PKer u just don't need money for pps cause u can make everything by urself!

So go do whatever u wanna everyone and stop blaming each other!

PS:

and ick those removal stones out of EL...

-is sanka relly dead?-

3. Keep fighters happy.

I think you have to be a fighter to tell that... how'd you know it will make us happy?!?! :confused:

And u dont even know how annoying the fact that when some 130's a/d charbuyer n00b comes and kicks your a**... so stop talking about PK if u dont PK kk?!?

And if u make the WT spawn PK, it will be just too annoying. The game is not only for STRONGS!!

my2cents...

-Kad

ok look from this side take 100 ppls... and give each let's say 300mil gc...

guess what 95% or more of them would spend the money for hydro/nexus stones!

now tell me why potioner/summoner/whatever needs so many pps? if someone works something else than fighting is prolly because he likes 2 do it else it's just makeing money but dunno why else than for busting up pps...

so i blame removal stones cause it makes ppls 2 do what they don't relly love 2 do!

and about that i don't PK sure i don't PK anymore...it's dead! (and i PKed a lot in the past)

PS: now i'm off 2 beer so i don't relly care anymore :confused:

Edited by sankee

3. Keep fighters happy.

so stop talking about PK if u dont PK kk?!?

Kad, he killed u on my eyes 1on1 some time ago, u can blame him for many things but not for being a n00b who cant pk :confused:

And if u make the WT spawn PK, it will be just too annoying. The game is not only for STRONGS!!

So pr0 pker is only pr0 if he can ambush newbies on pvp, but if there is any chance he gets ambushed then he doesnt like it at all and its only annoying for him?

3. Keep fighters happy.

I think you have to be a fighter to tell that... how'd you know it will make us happy?!?! :confused:

And u dont even know how annoying the fact that when some 130's a/d charbuyer n00b comes and kicks your a**... so stop talking about PK if u dont PK kk?!?

my2cents...

-Kad

Lol, who says I'm not a fighter? It would make fighters happy because, they will still make the +100gc per fur, and also the chance to have some/little PK action at the spawns. And since your a 'pr0 fighter' you think thats a bad thing? It's possible to kill '120 a/d char buyer n00b' now, with the p/c cap, thats providing you know how to PK.

It will be anoying, because, you wont be able to sit and harvest free GC all day long? You might actually have to do some form of work to get it?

#Edit - Damm, I didn't see eMPi post, he said what I wanted to basically, on the second part. :(

Edited by Superman

and to cycloon, i do get it, but if u complain about 50gc each stone beeing bad for the economy, go to irinveron cave and cry please. cause there on yetis u can get ~160gc each :)

No killing yetis is an income like newbs have on gobs. Getting gc from monsters actually should be the main entrance for money. If you can get gc from making things, and selling them without actually making a thing yourself (buy all stuff like LE, gypsum, furs) you can just keep making money without doing shit. Fighters still have a risk to lose armor, they use HE and SRS for a fair cost when compared to drops and this is not the case for summoning stones. If there keeps more money coming ingame gc will be worthless in no time, if there is more gc ingame than raw materials no one will take gc since it will be worthless.

Where do you get your money to buy 'shit' if you haven't been doing anything? And they DO shit, theres a chance bags get jumped with lots of furs, gypsum etc. So we risk critical fails among the other things I just mentioned.

(Last time I checked fighters and mage's cant critically fail a spell :confused: )

It takes a lot to level summoning and is very expensive, go try it, then come back and talk :(

Edit: You think all summoners START at tiger stones? Come on, lets get serious here.

Edited by umbrena

erm.. Original post was about picking up bags .. ? :)

Well tbh, if there is a bag it would be nice to announce you are going to take it, ask if you like but he, its there and obviously the one who put it there doesn't want the stuff.

then about nrm. its a map for strong players, who train on feros and reading some posts in the past, often train on multiple critters, IMHO this map and specially the way it looks its some kind of bareland, a bit abandon even, why isn't this whole map w/o the city PK ?

maps like thelinor are cool, a little stuff to get inside the city and leaf the rest to fighters, outlaws and pirates and the brave harvester who dares to be there.

Again i read PK is dead.... f#ck of course it is, and if all those winers would go more often to maps where they could pk, well imho it wouldn't be. But NO we just complain and wait till NDD to pick on the PK-wannabees with 3-6 at once, ts down to a/d 40 to own dp arena etc and spoil all the fun for those ppl who wanna try pk and learn.

You don't learn from dyeing in 2 hits and walk all the way back from Hell, you learn from doing, trying out weapons and armour and being fast to cast some one's diss.

I think that arena's like DP should be TS-free so the real low lvl's could train there to pk without being scared away from that part of the game.

Lolz ppl , i dont see the problem , i always make a bag with bones and meat and dont mind if someone takes it coz as Radu say its not my bag anymore , just keep that rule in mind and problem is gone ;p , Hail EL maniac's

Ok, I am going to reduce the price and the exp of the tiger stone :o

I think thats a bad idea and yet another reason after the caps to leave this game for some ppl i know.

One problem is that hunting on triple spawn u get more gc per hour then from anything else. There is simple solution spread the spawns.

If u move one spawn to the docks 2 ppl wille be able to hunt 2 spawns each (1 spawn already is south of docks) if they are lucky enough and nobody

comes to share ;).

As for the summoners Tempest already said how much they invest in their skills. I don't see a problem with ppl having much money they can buy much stuff so its good for economy they can even use paypalers to buy stuff from shop.