Eternal Lands Official Forums
Fourier

Spawn Etiquette III

to get back to the original topic....

yeah, if you leave a bag on the ground, it's not yours....no one owns a spawn...

It's clear that a bag left is a bag gone. Get over it, move on, have fun. I leave bags myself if i'm too full, but then again, i'm a pack rat and keep all that i kill, rarely do i leave a bag. I keep an eye on my emu as i train/harvest meat bones.

I often offer to share what i am harvesting (nrm white tigers) with others. I'm here to have fun and enjoy myself, not be rude or piss ppl off. Eventually the spawn will be free, or if it's taken i go do something else, no big deal.

my 2cents

summoning still makes much less gc than other skills.. except if ur high lvl yeh. but imagine how much gc summoners spend for their high lvls.. it takes at least 600kgc to get from 0 to 40 cause thats what i did.. and blodoks/raz worked hard for their lvls as summon was still the old style.. can u guys even barely imagine how much gc blodoks spent? more than some millions for sure.

if u guys wanna make nrm tigers pk cause summoners make to much profit do it, but be sure im gonna be there with brod 24/7 ;)

I often hunt tigers at NRM, and yes, full tit and cutlass. and yes, if I am full, I drop bones and meat into a bag, and yes, I hope fo collect it after.

Also, YES, if another person comes, I will happily share. In fact, if someone took them, I prolly wouldn't mind so much really, still 100 EMU of tiger furs are better than 100 EMU of bones/meat

I kinda get the feeling that this thread is started because you would like all 3 tigers for yourself. Maybe I am wrong, but I think there are plenty of places to hunt white tigers that are nearly always free, one of which is just around the corner at the NRM docks!

I often hunt tigers at NRM, and yes, full tit and cutlass. and yes, if I am full, I drop bones and meat into a bag, and yes, I hope fo collect it after.

Also, YES, if another person comes, I will happily share. In fact, if someone took them, I prolly wouldn't mind so much really, still 100 EMU of tiger furs are better than 100 EMU of bones/meat

I kinda get the feeling that this thread is started because you would like all 3 tigers for yourself. Maybe I am wrong, but I think there are plenty of places to hunt white tigers that are nearly always free, one of which is just around the corner at the NRM docks!

IMO this post was started because of people in full tit/cutlass wanting to claim all the spawns and their bag of goodies they dropped so they could stay on site longer

and no one can claim all 3 tigers for themselves... if the place is empty good luck to you and enjoy all 3 but if someone else comes along, imo they have every right to take a spawn

Edited by conavar

Also, YES, if another person comes, I will happily share.

IMO this post was started because of people in full tit/cutlass wanting to claim all the spawns and their bag of goodies they dropped so they could stay on site longer

and no one can claim all 3 tigers for themselves... if the place is empty good luck to you and enjoy all 3 but if someone else comes along, imo they have every right to take a spawn

:D

Also, YES, if another person comes, I will happily share.

:D

lol wasnt aimed at you inparticular, but quoted your post because it summed up some of the reasons this post was started.. but not everyone is like you and willing to share. I had someone come and attack the tiger spawn I was using ( to get a few furs to cover costs of fero's training) because " he was there first getting furs" and wanted all the tigers

Con, nice summation of my point :D Thx!

and no one can claim all 3 tigers for themselves...

Of course u can, just be sure to have max p/c/reasoning and thermal or or slayer, in most cases( unless ur opponent deals even more dmg than u :P ) u will serp the smeg out of tiger camper :rolleyes:

mp

One and best of them are WT furs.

If you call hitting white tigers with a cutlass 'PK' then it's a new definition to me.

I think Kad was meaning that for the "Pure PK'er" who cant easily serp yeti (which there are MANY of), White Tigers are (now possibly "were") the only way to make decent profit.

Why?

The "Pure PK'er" is Anti, and has no inorganic nexus...

No lupines/lilacs... (Anti)

No silver/iron... (no inorg)

My suggestion to the "Pure PK'ers";

The coal mine just became your second home :doze:

Ok, I am going to reduce the price and the exp of the tiger stone :)
Great!

This will lower the market price of the stones... works good for me. :)

...too bad for u poor summoners tho :(

ok, and now that you destroyed every good way for a fighter to make gc your finally happy?

what my point is, summoners dont care a shit cuz they can still make profit, but the furs will drop in price badly so theres no good way for a fighter to get gc anymore. yeti drops were cut, giant cant be killed easy anymore, capes/drops got reduced to barely nothing

EDIT: just btw, 350 exp a stone is NOTHING compared to the ingredents you have to get for a stone. the gypsum alone already weighs 200 and you lose 30 food every stone.

to korrode: yeh, and it will make PK even more summoning festival then it is now, so we can fight opponent vs tiger all the time, aint that great :doze:! [/sarcasm]

Edited by Tempest

as a semi-retired summoner with a fair bit of ings in sto, i'd lose a bit of money and exp were reduced, but i don't care :) still good enough compared to the older ways of levelling. However i think it'd be hard for the fighters, as this was one of their only good sources of money... maybe there could be some other change instead? trying to think of one :doze:

well, as a fighter, i felt i was doing my part supplying the summoners with the white tiger furs, and making myself a bit of gc to buy training supplies...supporting the economy.

It seems now it will not be worth it to do this anymore.

the summoners need the exp from the making of the stones.....or so i thought, but i'm just a fighter, what do i know.

just my2cents

if you are going to lower the price on the tiger summoning stones then you have to lower the amount of food it takes to creat the stones, also lower the cost of the furs tiger furs are expensive

No way :doze:

Ingredients for a white tiger stone are:

1 white tiger fur (100-110 gc)

4 Spirit Rests (48-60gc)

20 Life Ess (90gc)

+20 gypsum AND having the recommended level (fails a lot more at lower levels)

So it costs the summoner 238 gc minimum to make a stone, and NPC pays 325 for a stone.

There's no point in lowering the price and XP of a tiger stone, it's fine the way it is now.

Since I have recently, acquired a character who does summon, the current state of things suit me fine, and I would really hate to see things get changed because of people who hog white tiger spawns.

They hog them to feed furs to the summoners, who in return make them stones, the system is fine the way it is now.

There will be no reward and no point to get higher summoning levels if prices start decreasing AND experience too..

I REALLY hope you were kidding about this radu.

Ok, I am going to reduce the price and the exp of the tiger stone :(

No way :)

Ingredients for a white tiger stone are:

1 white tiger fur (100-110 gc)

4 Spirit Rests (48-60gc)

20 Life Ess (90gc)

+20 gypsum AND having the recommended level (fails a lot more at lower levels)

So it costs the summoner 238 gc minimum to make a stone, and NPC pays 325 for a stone.

There's no point in lowering the price and XP of a tiger stone, it's fine the way it is now.

Since I have recently, acquired a character who does summon, the current state of things suit me fine, and I would really hate to see things get changed because of people who hog white tiger spawns.

They hog them to feed furs to the summoners, who in return make them stones, the system is fine the way it is now.

There will be no reward and no point to get higher summoning levels if prices start decreasing AND experience too..

I REALLY hope you were kidding about this radu.

amen, and now lets look at the way of a lvl 60 summoner. (since you alrdy have a very high lvl, #6 summon aint bad)

Les - try on market, you wont get anyone under 5gc each ( thats why ur out of les for some days btw ena :) )

srs - 14,5 usually, lets say 14 cuz else u will start yelling at me im overpriced...

white tiger fur - 110 nowadays, haze & \o/ guild who mostly camp there even want 115 - euric wants 120.

so lets take the cheapest way.. again with lvl 60 summon this time :doze:

Les = 100gc

srs = 56gc

wtf = 110gc

FPS = 6gc (no fails caluclated, this is 6gc each stone if you DONT FAIL, which u surely do with lvl 60)

272 gc at a normal cost, you wont get it anywhere cheaper on market, harvesting the gypsum also is a damn pain, and if you calculate 1/10 fails (i have 1/6 fails at lvl 57) ...... =====>>>>

Cost to make 100 tiger stones ===> 27,2kgc

once u made them u sell those 90 stones (10 failed) and you will get =====> 29,25kgc.

What happened to the good old EL rule: can't make profit if you don't do at least 80% of the finished product from base ingredients? :doze:

*glares*

Sure, they can, so for 100 tiger stones(not counting fails), I'd need:

2000 le's (+ time gathering silver, sunflowers, food and then mixing)

2000 gypsum

60ish fps

400 srs (having the recommended level+crafting vials, food + blue quartz and blue star flowers)

and 100 white tiger furs.

Making all of these will take a LOT of time, plus the time to make the tiger stones, it's much easier to buy the ingredients, since time IS money Erma.

It comes out to about the same cost minus the white tiger furs since you're hunting them yourself.

Edit: made a mistake in last sentence

Edited by umbrena

:doze:

Ok, so lets say insted of doing what you have said here, you decided to make the tiger spawn PK. this would then:

1. Increase PK (Yes, not alot..)

2. Keep Summoners happy.

3. Keep fighters happy.

4. Make people loose some Rostos. ($$ money there..)

5. Make armour be destroyed/broken.. (Brod.)

I think thats good enough? :)

#Edit - I don't think making it PK has any bad points, unless people want to bitch cos its not safe to make gc. :(

#Edit - If you PK'd more and stpped bitching about lack on PK, you would have more chance of getting a big drop, and making some very nice gc.. But people moan about shit all the time, and don't do anything about it.

Edited by Superman

#Edit - I don't think making it PK has any bad points, unless people want to bitch cos its evilgrin.gif

Ok, so lets say insted of doing what you have said here, you decided to make the tiger spawn PK. this would then:

1. Increase PK (Yes, not alot..)

2. Keep Summoners happy.

3. Keep fighters happy.

4. Make people loose some Rostos. ($$ money there..)

5. Make armour be destroyed/broken.. (Brod.)

I think thats good enough? smile.gif

#Edit - I don't think making it PK has any bad points, unless people want to bitch cos its not safe to make gc. sad.gif

#Edit - If you PK'd more and stpped bitching about lack on PK, you would have more chance of getting a big drop, and making some very nice gc.. But people moan about shit all the time, and don't do anything about it.

whoever you are, your not new, even tho ur forum acc is new. your right.

EDIT: sorry wanted to quote ur whole post.

Edited by Tempest

so lets take the cheapest way.. again with lvl 60 summon this time :doze:

Les = 100gc

srs = 56gc

wtf = 110gc

FPS = 6gc (no fails caluclated, this is 6gc each stone if you DONT FAIL, which u surely do with lvl 60)

272 gc at a normal cost, you wont get it anywhere cheaper on market, harvesting the gypsum also is a damn pain, and if you calculate 1/10 fails (i have 1/6 fails at lvl 57) ...... =====>>>>

Cost to make 100 tiger stones ===> 27,2kgc

once u made them u sell those 90 stones (10 failed) and you will get =====> 29,25kgc.

Simply dropping the NPC price by say 50gc will mean that the price of wtf will have to drop - therefore fewer hunters.

This would make it similar to the bear stone... It has always struck me as odd that a white tiger fur is worth much more than any other fur.

As for dropping the exp - I don't know how fast the other skills are to lvl - but with the weight of Gyp - summoning is slow.

p.s. note on Tempests' calcs - the summoner makes at most 50gc per stone, the killer of the tiger 110!

As for dropping the exp - I don't know how fast the other skills are to lvl - but with the weight of Gyp - summoning is slow.

I made lvl 93-94-95-96-97-98-99-100 exactly in 1 month... and you know it (I read you check my speed gypsum's harvest too :doze: )

You are the last summoner who can talk about weight of gypsum cause thanks to the profit you pay 3-4 guildies to harvest it...

Im not a summoner so I havent a clue to answer to this question, maybe someone can help:

Whats is the exp ratio between summoning a creature yourself or making a stone.. do you get more xp for the stone or less ? IMO the stone should give a lot less xp than the standard summon.. Why ? well the summoning skill should be about errrrmm summoning and not making stones ( I have always thought the stones are more suited to the crafting skill myself but o well )

Im not a summoner so I havent a clue to answer to this question, maybe someone can help:

Whats is the exp ratio between summoning a creature yourself or making a stone.. do you get more xp for the stone or less ? IMO the stone should give a lot less xp than the standard summon.. Why ? well the summoning skill should be about errrrmm summoning and not making stones ( I have always thought the stones are more suited to the crafting skill myself but o well )

there is no way to summon a normal white tiger, there is the normal way to summon a bear tho, you make less exp but therefor you need 15 levels more.

u should look at it like this. you guys got MANY ways you can make gc with ur stuff, for pot its Ts pots, srs, and other pots. for alch its the essies that you can make in massive amounts with arti cape, and for summoning, there are only the stones where u can make a little amount of gc. so summoners alrdy have the hardest skill, and until lvl 40 you need 600-800kgc to invest which u dont need in any other skill.

and blodoks whats ur point? if raz pays her guildies he even makes less profit, and if he doesnt he makes like 50gc each stone + many hours gyps harvesting.

i see you complain more than anyone else, sure, u dont care. you got ur lvls and the gc u need, and even tho you NEVER complained about the stones you now do since it doesnt affect you anymore.

Edited by Tempest

Simply dropping the NPC price by say 50gc will mean that the price of wtf will have to drop - therefore fewer hunters.

This would make it similar to the bear stone... It has always struck me as odd that a white tiger fur is worth much more than any other fur.

spot on!

This may sound hypocritical, but let me explain -

I am atm levelling summoning from time to time with bear stones. bear fur is almost impossible to buy on market, even when offering well above market price. look at the price of bear and tiger furs against the profit from mining harvesting something like coal/silver etc. I can make approx 4-5kgc per hour from harvesting. Killing bears at ~ 100 per hour, selling at 20gc per (well above market price, and way over the level for profitable bear stones) = 2kgc per hour MAX. White tigers (single spawn) at ~ 50 per hour, 5k per hour. triple tiger spawn maybe 12-13k gc per hour, maybe more for someone who can kill them faster and not lose too many.

Stupid part for me is that even sharing the triple spawn will easily bring in over 7k per hour, which is why I don't mind sharing. I kinda mind sharing with more than 1 other since there are plenty of free sinlge spawns around, and I would use them in preference to a 3 way share at NRM.

so I think around 50gc off the price of tiger stones, and maybe 30-40 onto the price for bear stones would be a nice fix. tigers less profitable, bears more so (for furs, not stones) so less fighting over the tigers since now the tigers and bears all hold comaprible profit levels, while still offering a viable alternative to harvesting for fighters to rais gc. I do not see a reason for dropping the exp on tiger stones, exp is not so important in this problem, but hey, I am not "Teh God"