I have found a new behavior at certain spawns that goes against most

accepted spawn etiquette in EL. It goes like this:

1. Player is working a spawn

2. Player has gotten too many drops to hold

3. Player places drops in a bag

4. Player continues working the spawn while refreshing the bag

This is very common at the white tiger spawn. Bags of 100s of bones

and meats are left on the ground. The odd thing is people expect to

get these bags back, even after they go to storage.

I see 2 very big problems with this behavior. First, I liken it to

having a friend come by and bring you supplies, a behavior that

is against all spawn etiquette in EL. Second, I look at the bag as

unwanted drops, making them free for the taking.

In the past, I have honored people's 'ownership' of these bags.

I will cease to do this from now on. If I find a big bag of bones and

meat, and I want it, I will take, put it in my storage, and not return

it. I do not consider this bag jumping. The person who left these

parts in a bag clearly decided these parts are of lesser value than

holding the spawn. I will honor this choice, I don't take people's

spawns, but I will take the bag as cast offs. I will even take the

bag if the player is still working the spawn.

There are a few other rare cases when this happens, most notably

fluffers that drop a bunch of pots in a short period. As this is an

unusual circumstance, I will honor all bags placed by someone

working a fluffy spawn, unless the person actually left the spawn.

I have come across this myself at NRM tiger spawn/s with people "laying claim" to all the tigers because they are " farming" for furs ( full armour/cutty), my simple answer to them is " there is no such thing as a double spawn, if more than one person wants to use them,they become two single spawns" (or triple in the case of melinis ogre cave)

And as for the bag dropping..I have done it myself on fluffs, unable to carry all the non-stackable potions so place them in a bag on the ground, and imo if someone comes along and wants to take a few (its nice to be asked) then they can, I cant carry them so instead of the bag going poof someone else might as well benifit, but like I said, its nice if player A asks if he can take them first ( its just polite)

"Anything you place in a bag is no longer your and don't complain if anyone takes it." Simple as that, take it if you need the stuff.

Well, i think ppl r getting too smart, normally they would be done on spawn way sooner if they couldnt place in bag those raw meat and bones, so they r getting big advantage coz of it.

I dont blame u for taking those bags on the ground.

I know many ppl would put u in outlaws for that, but i really dont see it as more mean than for example calling ur guildie to resupply u or to take drops from u.

NRM tigers is one of those spawns that simply force u to be mean, so best solution would be to make that part of the map pk area( NW corner of NRM map), maybe if u ask Ent nicely he will even add 2-3 more tigers so 2 ppl can farm them at the sime time, if its pk area he probably wont mind that :)

No more serping spawns or stealing bags, always clear rules :)

mp

Dropping a deathbag and dropping excessive stuff so you can train longer is very different. But I agree with conavar, at least some politeness could be shown.

I'm sometimes collecting fur and meat for potions, usually am I going to very little used maps and I kill everything I meet.

If I don't want to go to storage when my inv is full, do I often drop bags with bones, usually 50 or 100 in each bag.

I don't care what happen with the bags, if people want them, can they take them and I don't see why it's different from collecting bags on IP, what a lot of people do.

Just lets make the respawn areas of creatures more broad, so that creatures will respawn outside of the players view and all that spawn camping is gone :)

Piper

I never put anything in a bag unless I'm willing to give it up. If I can't carry all the drops, I'll make one big drop bag just to avoid cluttering up the map, but if it's on the ground, that means it's there for the taking. Since the rule about "if you put it down, it's not yours anymore" is so clear, I fail to understand people who think they can lay claim to bags they willingly walked away from.

Well I can see that people would rather drop 2gc bones vs. 100gc+ tiger furs, but then they really shouldn't whine over their bone/meat bag being taken. They're already hogging a spawn, when someone else might want to do this for gold... now they whine over the other bags being taken too >.< :)

Should be fair game to whoever stumbles upon the bag. Just my two cents

NRM tigers is one of those spawns that simply force u to be mean, so best solution would be to make that part of the map pk area( NW corner of NRM map), maybe if u ask Ent nicely he will even add 2-3 more tigers so 2 ppl can farm them at the sime time, if its pk area he probably wont mind that ;)

No more serping spawns or stealing bags, always clear rules :P

mp

I love this idea so much. :devlish:

NRM tigers is one of those spawns that simply force u to be mean, so best solution would be to make that part of the map pk area( NW corner of NRM map), maybe if u ask Ent nicely he will even add 2-3 more tigers so 2 ppl can farm them at the sime time, if its pk area he probably wont mind that ;)

No more serping spawns or stealing bags, always clear rules :P

mp

I love this idea so much. :devlish:

Doh.. this isn't pk server

Clear?

Clear?

If that's your full argument then it's not really clear for me.

I heard from guildie about people who can get 1k or more furs a day and I think it's way too much.

Furs are 100-110gc each I think it's too easy profit especialy there's no risk at all.

It's not about me who want to pk "fur harvesters" as Im not pker at all,

but it's about adjusting this way too good gc source not compareable with anything other..

Clear?

If that's your full argument then it's not really clear for me.

I heard from guildie about people who can get 1k or more furs a day and I think it's way too much.

Furs are 100-110gc each I think it's too easy profit especialy there's no risk at all.

It's not about me who want to pk "fur harvesters" as Im not pker at all,

but it's about adjusting this way too good gc source not compareable with anything other..

There are only a few ways for PKers to get gcs. One and best of them are WT furs. And you want to make there PK?

You have your gc-earn ways and we have ours. Stop try to make big time changes!

Whats your problem? Wanna make all PKers leave? :devlish:

Clear?

And you are at risk when mixing whole day in a storage??!?! ;)

Edited by OldySchooly

There are only a few ways for PKers to get gcs. One and best of them are WT furs. And you want to make there PK?

You have your gc-earn ways and we have ours. Stop try to make big time changes!

Whats your problem? Wanna make all PKers leave? :devlish:

Im not against players making money, but Im against players making too much of em with no risk at all.

I don't care are those players pkers or not, that's not the case. This way of making money is also available for me

but I think it's too good.

And you are at risk when mixing whole day in a storage??!?! ;)

I think I spend like half of my time at storage mixing potions mostly - no risk, very low money

and rest of my time training on bunny - no risk and also very low money.

And there you have nrm tigers - no risk and huge money.

Im not asking for removing nrm spawn but for adding risk.

Anyway Ive said what I wanted to say so Im dropping topic before it turns into flamewar.

Apologies for continuing the hijacking of the original post...

There are only a few ways for PKers to get gcs.

There are only a few ways in the whole of EL to make money.

I didn't think that PK had anything to do with making gc - most people realise that PKing is the cause of most gc leaving the game.

One and best of them are WT furs.

If you call hitting white tigers with a cutlass 'PK' then it's a new definition to me.

The spawn is open to anyone - regardless of their skills.

For those who do not know, this spawn is incredibly profitable. Each tiger is worth 120gc+ in drops, there are 3 of them, you go from one to the next. Very, very fast gc - and incredibly profitable.

(If you need more ideas for making gc - look around - it is not that hard)

And you want to make there PK?

And as for making it PK - I salute you as ever eMPi - a brilliant solution - I'd love to see it!

Don't Pkers always complain that PK is dead.... yes Entropy adding the merc in KF caused some low levels to go there and harvest, but imagine a triple WT spawn in a PK area....

The temptation of all that easy gc will be such that there will be people training there in full armour - and if you time it right already cooldowned.

This would mean that only a strong PKer would go there to farm - as there would usually be a PKer camped out there, killing tigers & time waiting for others to come try their luck.

So in effect, this would turn the spawn into a rich source of income for PKers only..... Sure you don't want it made PK OldySchooly?

It would also mean that trainers would need to carry he/sr/ess etc - cutting down available emu for fur!

Just lets make the respawn areas of creatures more broad, so that creatures will respawn outside of the players view and all that spawn camping is gone ;)

:devlish: Exactly what I've always thought. This would improve gameplay in the long run, even if people would inevitably complain that they like standing in one place and being fed critters. Even underground spawns could covered more than one room.

It would be possible for a creature to only respawn if it is out of view of any player character, though this still would still need a wider area as well.

Edited by trollson

Just lets make the respawn areas of creatures more broad, so that creatures will respawn outside of the players view and all that spawn camping is gone :)

:icon13: Exactly what I've always thought. This would improve gameplay in the long run, even if people would inevitably complain that they like standing in one place and being fed critters. Even underground spawns could covered more than one room.

It would be possible for a creature to only respawn if it is out of view of any player character, though this still would still need a wider area as well.

there's only one issue with that idea, catching up top a/d players is already almost impossible. If this got in game it would be simple impossible. And that would add yet another advantage of pvp training, but on some kind of new serwer this could work.

Kaddy, dont u think that making tigers pk would profit for u? U wont need to waste time on kf/td, but u simply go kill tigers which gives u ~100k gc/day at very low HE/SRS usage.

As a bonus u never have to w8 for free spawn and can pk ppl who come there, whats wrong with that idea? :)

It works out quite nice for hulda map, or zarin crypt :icon13:

mp

Well I also like MP's idea to make NRM PK at the place with the white tigers. Currently summoners profit a lot from making WT stones and sell to NPC, so they can pay insane prices for WT furs, this is just a viscious endless circle. Make the place PK and it will be harder for all but fair towards other skills :icon13:

...this is just a viscious endless circle...

I agree.

I made 3.600.000 gc in a week

Interesting how people say that summoning loses money! :icon13:

I was also expecting sumoners to oppose the idea because it will simply push up fur prices, since not all of them can harvest their own demand for furs.

Well, I guess it's bacause they can simply pass the cost on to the consumer.... :)

...this is just a viscious endless circle...

I agree.

I made 3.600.000 gc in a week

Interesting how people say that summoning loses money! :icon13:

I was also expecting sumoners to oppose the idea because it will simply push up fur prices, since not all of them can harvest their own demand for furs.

Well, I guess it's bacause they can simply pass the cost on to the consumer.... :)

Since the introduction of stones, summoning at higher levels has always been profitable. Yes you lose gc on the lower levels, but once you can make tigers - the profits are there and plain to see.

However, the current price of white tiger means that most of the profit on making stones goes to the killer of the tigers rather than the maker of the stone. (unless they do both) It also means a steady supply of orders for le & srs etc to meet the demand.

As for making 3.6M in a week..... I'd be interested to see how...

Assuming a sale price of 325 (npc) - that means:-

• killing 11k tigers,
  • harvesting & mixing 220k le
  • harvesting 220k gyp
  • harvesting & mixing 44k srs

Never mind any pofs / food - and above all hauling all that to the cave (which i make to be almost 500 trips to the gypsum mine)

Last time I checked, you can get 2.5k gypsum per hour - so that works out at ~90 hours in the mine.

I know you are dedicated Blodoks - and maybe you sold 3.6M of stones in a week - but making that much profit in 1 week.........

...and maybe you sold 3.6M of stones in a week...

Yes, sold, but this don't change nothing. With all this cash is easy

to control all the market too.

Btw I'm not saying "shhhhh" like you say to me every time I try

to talk how the stones give too much money and too much exp.

I quote again Cycloonx because he said all very well:

Well I also like MP's idea to make NRM PK at the place with the white tigers. Currently summoners profit a lot from making WT stones and sell to NPC, so they can pay insane prices for WT furs, this is just a viscious endless circle. Make the place PK and it will be harder for all but fair towards other skills :icon13:

Btw I'm not saying "shhhhh" like you say to me every time I try

to talk how the stones give too much money and too much exp.

Not me :icon13: - never made a secret of why I summon :) (ask any guildie)