Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ateh

Yes i Know ......

What do eggs have to do with Easter? Jesus Christ is not hiding anywhere. But maybe we could have a long day of fasting starting 40 days before Easter?

Actually Easter (name taken from the Goddess Eostre: Goddess of fertility and new beginnings) is another example of Christian holidays falling on or around the orignal Pagan Holidays. The Egg: Symbolizing rebirth and fertility is one of those left over symbols of years gone by.

Just some Trivia for you all ;)

Wolfy

You know, Satan has created all the ancient pagan religions that have similarities to the True Faith :bangwall:

Sorry I had to say something about this because ignorance angers me so much. I seriously hope you were just being argumentative Ville-V and not actually serious ?

I will NOT bash christianity as a religion because I believe that we all have the natural born right to worship the divine how we feel we should but i WILL say these things .........

The '' Ebul Pagans '' you are talking about gave us the following ----

The concept of Art, drawing to convey a deep and personal memory or idea , ART !!!

Time !! Yes Time !!! If you own a clock , or a watch or have EVER needed to use '' time '' in any shape or form then you are utilising a Pagan concept GRRR ignorance annoys me !!

Mathematics , if it hadnt been for the Ebul Pagans we would never have had the likes of pi , or geometry therefore we would not be able to BUILD HOUSES or any structure more solid than a wooden shelter.

The '' EBul Pagans '' built the most amazing and wonderful structures the world has ever seen -- with a little help from whoever they built the Pyramids of Giza in Egypt, so before you denounce Pagans as Evil and Ignorant and some how less than yourself please go ahead and build us a fucking Pyramid the size of the ones in Egypt. Thanks.

Pagans , as you love to call them - gave us the first forms of writing , storys, myths LITERATURE. Ever read a BOOK ?

The Ebul Pagans were the first to gaze into the heavens and map the stars, without them the sailors of the future would not have had star charts with which to navigate the globe, they even gave us boats for goodness sake !!!

They gave us philosophy, musing over the mysterys of life !

Im just trying to say that before you denounce '' Pagans '' as evil and somehow less than yourself, you had better do your homework and realise that the very structure of the world as we know it, the very fabrics of society and the knowledge we take for granted has come to us through thousands of years of '' Pagan '' thinking.

Ignorance annoys me !! if you really wish not to be Pagan then you had better throw away all your clocks, move out of your house, stop reading , stop talking , and switch your computer off because without mathematics your computer would not be possible.

Please, spare me the time travelling Satan B.S

You know, if you're going to base an argument for paganism based on the concepts of past inventions and calculations, it would also be fair to mention what other faiths has given us.

After all - the modern concept of medicine has benefited from Christians.

The modern concept of the Calendar used in most parts of the world starts in Babylon with pagans, comes to Rome and is modified by "classical" gods, and then becomes modified again by Christians.

Original mathematic calculations have been expanded on by many different cultures - including but not limited to pagans, Christians, Muslims...

In my opinion, if you try to base the merits of an invention on the religion of the people who created it, you fall into a trap - I mean, does it make me a pagan worshiper if I use a device that had its beginnings somewhere in a pagan astronomical ritual? Does it make you a Christian if you take a vaccination so you don't get sick?

Arguing the merits of a religion or faith based on the inventions they came up with is foolishness - religion and invention often intersect, and often run parallel, but are in no way irrevocably linked as the same path.

EDIT: I changed some words that I felt did not convey the meaning I wanted to.

Edited by Arnieman

At the risk of adding fuel to the coming flame war:

Matthew 5:45b (King James Version)

... For he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

It's a level playing field. Everyone gets sun, rain, life, brains no matter who or what they do or don't worship.

Intelligence, creation, art, literature, etc are not "owned" or created by any single race or religion. Everyone (even those who swear a lot :evilgrin: ) have the ability to contribute to the advances in various fields. To claim we wouldn't have X if some group hadn't invented it as part of the worship of some diety would seem to be very narrow thinking.

One's faith is one's personal issue, right? Stop putting your f...ing noses into others' life. I'm sick with people proclaiming their religion to be the only one.