Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Pre Rc6

Try a different (bit older) driver version? I didnt have any strange flashes, so far everything is stable on my machine. I was so sure I'd restart to finish the install only to have my screen be completely blank or totally messed up in some other way!

Ok tried this, did more research and found people who have my card (GeForce Go 7950 GTX) and they like version 167.46. So far no flashing, and client works. Thanks for the tip!!! :bangwall: I will keep people updated in case they have same card/same problems.

Windows XP

Dell Inspiron 9100

Pentium 4

Ati Mobility 9700

RC6 crashes on login unless --use_animation_program=0 is used, appears to work fine without it, including water shaders set to 2.

On further use of RC6, I encountered the same problem in AA storage and other inside maps that I did on the current version of the client, which led to my use of the "no_clusters" version of the client.

When in AA storage and a few other inside maps, if I pan to the right or left, it crashes my entire system, requiring a hard restart. With the no_clusters version of the current client, I have never experienced this problem. Otherwise, RC6 seems to be functioning ok, with the exception of sporadic, very jerky video.

I'm not crashing with this version, and the choppy video seems cleaner. I did notice something in this that I hadn't in the earlier versions. If I turn reflections on, the water in portland turns into a bunch of diagonal lines (this is with water shaders on of course..) However, the water in the PL caves seemed fine...

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ (2207 MHz)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista

DirectX version: 10.0

GPU processor: GeForce 8500 GT

ForceWare version: 169.25

Total available graphics memory: 1279 MB

Dedicated video memory: 256 MB

System video memory: 0 MB

Shared system memory: 1023 MB

Video BIOS version: 60.86.34.00.75

IRQ: 16

Bus: PCI Express x16

Also, instead of the character looking choppy now, he looks like he's 'strolling' at some languid pace... A bit slower than looks 'normal', at least to me.

Last 2 clients where fine, this latest one crashed again at ev mines entrance. No other ill effects noted at this time.

Ok, sorry for the previous RC, there were many problems with the new selection, which made the game unplayable.

Try this client instead (note that this is only the game exe, not an installer, so you need the data from the pre RC 5 in case you didn't install it already)

http://www.eternal-lands.com/el_pre_rc_old...on_25_02_07.exe

The crash on the older Nvidia drivers has not been solved yet, this is exactly as RC5 but no new selection.

Let me know if there are any changes with the crashes.

RC5 ran beautifully for me, this 6th one is ok most of the time but some areas where I was getting a solid 60fps on RC5 are giving about 20 FPS on this RC6.

Video card: GeForce 8600 GT/PCI/SSE2

Vendor ID: NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Version: 2.1.2

Crashes without the "--use_animation_program=0" parameter.

got it to work just fine, thanks to a little help from good old schmurk!

no worries no more!

Video card: Intel 965/963 Graphics Media

Vendor ID: Intel

OpenGL Version: 1.5.0 - Build 7.14.10.1350

Edited by dilloesional

It crashed when I tried to logon so I tried the cmd line --use_animation_program=0 and it works. Was able to wander around and also interact with npc just fine. It also ran allot smoother then the current client.

Video card: RADEON 9200 Series DDR x86/SSE2

Vendor ID: ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL Version: 1.3.1072 WinXP Release

My driver version is 6.14.0010.6614 from the ATI website. This is the newest driver for my card I have been able to find.