Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Pre Rc6

Ok, sorry for the previous RC, there were many problems with the new selection, which made the game unplayable.

Try this client instead (note that this is only the game exe, not an installer, so you need the data from the pre RC 5 in case you didn't install it already)

http://www.eternal-lands.com/el_pre_rc_old...on_25_02_07.exe

The crash on the older Nvidia drivers has not been solved yet, this is exactly as RC5 but no new selection.

Let me know if there are any changes with the crashes.

RC6 still crashes after login; however it produced a different error.log;

[19:44:12] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el_pre_rc_old. Failover to server: main.
[19:44:12] Using the server profile: main
[19:44:14] Error opening sound configuration file
[19:44:35] Error: Can't open file "quest.log"
[19:44:35] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename [url="http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates158/files.lst"]http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates158/files.lst[/url]
[19:44:35] Downloading [url="http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates158/files.lst"]http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates158/files.lst[/url] from www.eternal-lands.com
[19:44:35] Finished downloading [url="http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates158/files.lst"]http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates158/files.lst[/url]
[19:44:36] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename [url="http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates158/files.lst"]http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates158/files.lst[/url]
[19:44:36] Downloading [url="http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates158/files.lst"]http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates158/files.lst[/url] from www.eternal-lands.com
[19:44:36] Finished downloading [url="http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates158/files.lst"]http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates158/files.lst[/url]
[19:44:37] Failed to download (files.lst) 3 times. Giving up.

EDIT 1 - Runs with the "el main --use_animation_program=0" ^^

EDIT 2 - Wow - this version runs smooth :icon13: - I'll explore

EDIT 3 - C1 seems OK. Moving from Map to Map that is.

EDIT 4 - When moving from "EVTR Map" to "Kusamura Map" I experienced a RUNTIME ERROR and RC6 crashed. When I try to restart RC6 several times afterwards however I encounter "RUNTIME ERROR" and RC6 crashes after the log in part. Nothing in Error.log either.

EDIT 5 - The only way to bypass the RC6 runtime error on restart is to move my Character onto another map using my 1.5.0 client. Then exit 1.5.0 client and then I'm able to run RC6.

EDIT 6 - I encountered another runtime error when moving from "Willowvine Cave" to "Kusamura" . Again, the only way that I'm able to continue with RC6 is to do the same step as in EDIT 5. So far this is the only type of problem I've encountered. Will continue.

Edited by marack

Still crashed at startup if I didn't use "el main --use_animation_program=0"

The flashing snow is gone, but the video in general seems to be far more "jerky" than it was in RC 5

Works with --use_animation_program=0

Crashes without.

We're getting there g0d :icon13:

Still crashed at startup if I didn't use "el main --use_animation_program=0"

The flashing snow is gone, but the video in general seems to be far more "jerky" than it was in RC 5

Do you have the VBO and Frame buffer enabled?

Hi

The game wont even load for me, crashes immediately after I open the client

Video Card : 760 VGA

Vendor ID : SiS

Open Gl Version : 1.4.0

Supported extensions: GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_polygon_offset GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_swap_control GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_blend_square GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_multitexture GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SGIX_depth_texture GL_SGIX_shadow GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays GL_WIN_swap_hint WGL_ARB_extensions_string WGL_ARB_pbuffer WGL_ARB_pixel_format WGL_ARB_render_texture WGL_EXT_extensions_string WGL_EXT_pixel_format WGL_EXT_swap_control

I have the latest updates for my GFX / Video Card

As i said, the game just wont load, crashes pretty much immediately upon starting the client

I am going to try the C command for --use_animation_programme=0 then I will get back to you

Do you have the VBO and Frame buffer enabled?

Apparently not--the video card in my laptop is poor, but I am using the latest driver. The message I get when I log on is below:

Window size adjusted to 990x720

GL_ARB_multitexture extension found, using it.

GL_ARB_texture_env_combine extension found, using it.

GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array extension found, using it.

GL_ARB_point_sprite extension found, using it.

GL_ARB_texture_compression extension found, using it.

GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc extension found, using it.

GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap extension found, using it.

Couldn't find the GL_ARB_shadow extension, not using it...

GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object extension found, using it.

Couldn't find the GL_EXT_framebuffer_object extension, not using it...

GL_EXT_draw_range_elements extension found, using it.

Couldn't find the GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two extension, not using it...

Couldn't find the GL_ARB_fragment_program extension, not using it...

GL_ARB_vertex_program extension found, using it.

Couldn't find the GL_ARB_fragment_shader extension, not using it...

Couldn't find the GL_ARB_vertex_shader extension, not using it...

Couldn't find the GL_ARB_shader_objects extension, not using it...

Couldn't find the GL_ARB_shading_language_100 extension, not using it...

GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat extension found, NOT using it...

Couldn't find the GL_ARB_texture_rectangle extension, not using it...

GL_EXT_fog_coord extension found, NOT using it...

Couldn't find the GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc extension, not using it...

Couldn't find the GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc extension, not using it...

Not using vertex program for actor animation.

Point Particles disabled.

Framebuffer disabled (need newer driver)

The crash on the older Nvidia drivers has not been solved yet, this is exactly as RC5 but no new selection.
As i run the latest nVidia drivers, should i get this?

Pre RC5 loads the EVTR mine fine for me...

Edited by Korrode

compiled latest cvs again:

- still weird graphics with .vert

- selection bug is here again both for NPC, players and monsters (was corrected for NPC between RC4 and RC5)

- if i disable animation program, selection bug is there but only for players and monsters.

Video card: Geforce 7600 GT/PCI/SSE2

Vendor ID: NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Version: 2.1.2

Driver provider: NVIDIA

Driver date: 05/12/2007

Driver version: 6.14.11.6921

This version is running with out the crash as soon as i get into the game, and there is no problem selecting items, players, npcs etc, unlike the previous ones.

I will continue running it and see what happens.

System specs:

Video card: ATI Radeon 9200 OpenGL Engine

Vendor ID: ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL Version: 1.3 ATI-1.4.18

PPC Mac, latest cvs, DEBUG on.

And sorry, i can click on NPCs (sometimes it seems mouse coords are absolute, not relative to window...), but not on monsters and players.

Edited by Fedora

No crash while running the client.

The flickering seems to be better, but still there: see [this] video (7MB)

When fog is on in IoTF, some textures look weird: see [this] picture

EDIT: client still crashes when trying to change the resolution

Edited by groomsh

Works with --use_animation_program=0

Crashes without.

same here

NPC creatures clicking ok

Video card: GeForce4 MX 440/AGP/SSE2 (latest drivers)

OpenGL Version: 1.5.7

Edited by spyridonas

In response to my question to nvidia about updating drivers for the GeForce Go 7600 chip/card I received the following:

Hello *****,

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care.

I understand from your mail that, you would like to know when NVIDIA is going to release the driver for GeForce Go 7600 graphics card to support OpenGL 2.1.2.

Please be informed that, OpenGL is an Application Programming Interface. The GeForce Go 7600 GPU is designed to support only OpenGL 2.0. I am sorry to say that, drivers cannot be developed to make the GeForce Go 7600 graphics card support OpenGL 2.1.2. In order to support OpenGL 2.1.2, you need to upgrade to a higher-end graphics card.

This is of course bullshit, as I now have no problems whatsoever using the latest nvidia driver with Gen_Axis' modification method. But what are ya gonna do? These people dont care about our problems. The just want to sell more cards :closedeyes:

I recommend anyone with the same card or any of the GeForce Go series to follow the directions in Gen_Axis' post in the Pre Rc4 thread.

edit: added link to thread

Edited by Wingalings

I recommend anyone with the same card or any of the GeForce Go series to follow the directions in Gen_Axis' post in the Pre Rc4 thread.

I had to do the same with my ATI card (integrated in notebook), because Toshiba does not provide updated graphic drivers for Win XP (only for Vista) and the drivers from ATI will not install running the installer ...

It has to be said that I will be following suit g0d, I need to replace 2 motherboards here (hence my current crappy system specs).

It is difficult because I like the stability of the nForce chips for networking etc on motherboards, so I will not be avoiding motherboards with nForce onboard but I will definitely go ati.amd.com for processor and graphics card.

I am but one person but enough one persons will affect their bottom line, at which point they will either begin listening to their customers or go ivory tower like IBM.

hmm: ivory tower would be a great ingame place for a new npc called no_nV.. someone go make one :closedeyes:

It's the same bs i hear from most large I.T. corporations all the time.

With AMD at the reigns of ATi now, perhaps better could be expected from them, but i wouldn't wager my gc's on it.

One thing that is really worth try;

There is a good chance that this chip (7600 Go) is supported by the nVidia drivers for Linux, corporations like HP, Toshiba, etc. dont care about whether nVidia release drivers for their custom product for niche, nerd-only operating systems like Linux... luckily these days some Linux distributions really aren't nerd-only.

Well worth dropping Ubuntu (or w/e) on the laptop... with Ubuntu u just open up the Restricted Drivers Manager and it's very easy to find and install the propriety nVidia drivers...

Too bad you wouldn't be able to test the new client on linux until after the official release, as there's no Pre-RC's for linux, and compiling from CVS is a bit nerd-only.

EDIT: I actually hadn't looked at Gen_Axis post you linked to when i typed the above, Winga... great to hear you got it working :closedeyes:

Just ignore the evtr crash for now.

Well... np... cause as i said; with RC5 even the mine doesn't crash for me anymore.

I was just asking if i should even goto RC6 and test it, as the change between it and RC5, from what you were saying, wont affect me.

Edited by Korrode

Crashes without the "--use_animation_program=0" parameter.

Everything seems to work well as usual, however, it seems that FPS decreased despite promised acceleration.

My graphics and system specs are in the apropriate thread.

I used the laptops2go fix too with the forceware 174.16 version and the modded inf file.

The client works fine now, no problems, but now my whole laptop flashes on and off randomly, usually triggered by minimizing a window or clicking on a new shortcut. Any thoughts on THAT? :bangwall:

Video card: GeForce Go 7950 GTX/PCI/SSE2

OpenGL Version: 2.1.2

Try a different (bit older) driver version? I didnt have any strange flashes, so far everything is stable on my machine. I was so sure I'd restart to finish the install only to have my screen be completely blank or totally messed up in some other way!