Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roman

Delete Unused Characters

I am thinking of getting a name change, i was pming names to gossip to see if they had been taken. One name that appealed to me was Shadow, but it was already taken by a character that had only ever been used once and hadnt logged on for 403 days. Is there a way i can get the name Shadow.

Sometimes contacting learner who is in charge of the name changing with your desired name he will look into it and sometimes if the account has not been used in sometime then the name is given to you so i would suggest forum pm him and ask.

Sometimes contacting learner who is in charge of the name changing with your desired name he will look into it and sometimes if the account has not been used in sometime then the name is given to you so i would suggest forum pm him and ask.

I dont think so!

Many good names are taken by many good old players... If you take their names w/o asking them then it would suck when that players want to log and see old friends.

What would you think if something like that happens to you?!?

I am thinking of getting a name change, i was pming names to gossip to see if they had been taken. One name that appealed to me was Shadow, but it was already taken by a character that had only ever been used once and hadnt logged on for 403 days. Is there a way i can get the name Shadow.

Gossip also isn't totally accurate, shadow was last on much more recently then 400 days ago.

But unlevel chars are deleted at times when Entropy takes the server down for some extra maintenance (often while doing an upgrade). Each time he's done that it's deleted 50k-80k unused noob names.

Gossip also isn't totally accurate, shadow was last on much more recently then 400 days ago.

But unlevel chars are deleted at times when Entropy takes the server down for some extra maintenance (often while doing an upgrade). Each time he's done that it's deleted 50k-80k unused noob names.

Gossip can miss someone if they're only on for a couple of minutes. Gossip also erases people from her address book if she hasn't seen them in ages, so she's not a good indicator if a character name is taken.

The best way is to use the following url, and put the person's name at the end:

http://game.eternal-lands.com/view_user.php?user=

So if you wanted to check on the name 'shadow', you'd use:

http://game.eternal-lands.com/view_user.php?user=shadow

If it comes up completely blank, then the name is available.

I would strongly suggested not to abuse this- if you start pounding the site with requests, my guess is you'll be IP blocked. Paying for website bandwidth is expensive.

scaf

I dont think so!

Many good names are taken by many good old players... If you take their names w/o asking them then it would suck when that players want to log and see old friends.

What would you think if something like that happens to you?!?

Sometimes it happens if the character hasnt increased any levels i did not say he did it with every character i said sometimes he does it

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this