Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Quimbly

Total War Revival

I am sponsoring a scheme to make total war more popular by removing alot of the fears that go along with the current system. Here is how i plan on it to work so far.

Im making 2 or 3 teams(guilds) that will have guildmasters(bots) who will accept anyone/anytime to their team. This team will be set as enemy to the other team(s) and vice versa.

Here is how it should work- if you want to join in the fun you can pm one of the team bots and they will tell you who all on their team so you can decide which team you want to join. Then you walk to the teambot and ex: #join_guild TW1. Then you pay a small tribute in gc and he will accept you into the team. Once youve had enough fun and wish to leave total war you can go back to the team bot and pay another tribute and he will remove you.

Everytime a person joins or gets removed from a guild the bot will notify you by gm and the other team by ig so you will always know if someone joins or leaves any team.

unless they do #leave_guild in which case you will know if they rejoin either team by gm or ig.

having to physicaly walk to the bot and pay tribute to join and leave cuts out abuse for people who wants to join quickly kill jim, loot his shit and leave. it has to be gc bc of no emu, how much is opened for suggestion. all money collected by the team bots will most likely be redistributed through constests. since these will be opened to the community any one can use them in their own contests.

coding and hosting of the team bots hopefully will be done by learner so fears of anyone having advantage bot side will not be an issue.

id like to have suggestions and comments on the following-

if you would participate-

how much to charge to be joined/kicked

location of the teambots

and other suggestions/comments-

thanks

Edited by Quim

pr0 idea. Id be interested in participating for sure.

I think there should be a way to sort of even out the teams. How you would do that, i got no clue atm.

The fee shouldnt be too much because if it is, it will discourage people from joining. Maybe 500gc-1kgc would be a good fee total in joining and leaving.

The bots should be on a semi easy to get to map. Maybe votd if radu would allow it, but put them away from storage, maybe near female orc temple or on the way to tg.

What would be the guild tags for the two teams?

Edited by Kidberg

If I understand right: It would be two guilds that are at war with each other (with bots for GMs), and anyone can join for gc fee and leave for another gc fee, so as an individual you can opt in or out of a war?

I like it. Can they be cast as "factions," maybe one aligned with Mortos and the other with Aluwen?

The bots should be on a semi easy to get to map. Maybe votd if radu would allow it, but put them away from storage, maybe near female orc temple or on the way to tg.

There's plenty of room in WS. Maybe they should be in different maps.

Edited by peino

I know there is plenty of room in ws. But ws is a big big map. People get discouraged to do something if they have to walk a long way to do something. If the bot was easier to get to, and if both bots were near each other, it would be more advertising imo.

Great idea :icon13:

I would do particapite :)

I think maybe it would be cool if the bot's would be in differant castles like say Ws city, Tg city, and Nc city

:stare:

Edited by Disturbed

the problem with a location would be because of campers. so a solution would either be putting them on a safe map, only option would be c1 or c2 hell since ip prob wouldnt get approved,

or splitting them up into different maps and allowing you to join/kick to/from any team from either bot.

teams should balance themselves- for example if toomass was to join team A and everyone joins team A so he cant kill them. it gives someone in team b more people and opportunity to pk. all they have to do is avoid him.

Edited by Quim

1. Unless Learner agreed to code the bots, I'd highly suggest to look for someone else, Learner is pretty busy right now.

2. People can still leave the guild on their own (without the bot approval), so they can still switch teams (well, just quit the team) in the middle of the fight and betray the team mates. So I suggest to make it illegal to do so, and keep a database of thsose people, so if they leave the guild without the bot approval, they are banned from the system.

2. yes, people can still leave the guild without bot approval but doing so they cannot switch teams bc they have to wait 2 ingame days before they can join another guild. so the penalty is already in place if they want to skip out on being killed or pay the fee.

Edited by Quim

1. Unless Learner agreed to code the bots, I'd highly suggest to look for someone else, Learner is pretty busy right now.

2. People can still leave the guild on their own (without the bot approval), so they can still switch teams (well, just quit the team) in the middle of the fight and betray the team mates. So I suggest to make it illegal to do so, and keep a database of thsose people, so if they leave the guild without the bot approval, they are banned from the system.

I had talked to Quimbly before he posted, and more then half the work that would need to be done is already completed because of my current Guild & Trade bots. What would be needed is a sponsor for each bot (or one for both) to cover my service fees for running them and to handle the distribution of the gc in contests (or what ever happens to it).

What would be good is a minimum set of features before bringing the bots online, and a wish list of long term features to evaluate if they should be added or not.

One possible feature (that matches with another persons request) would be public service announcements in channel 4 (such as the PK server URL in the forums).

What would be needed is a sponsor for each bot (or one for both) to cover my service fees for running them and to handle the distribution of the gc in contests (or what ever happens to it).

thats been taken care of

Edited by Quim

OMG Quimbly is teh pr0ext!!!! I l0v3 this idea!!@!@!

I will defiantly try it ! w big :icon13:

2. yes, people can still leave the guild without bot approval but doing so they cannot switch teams bc they have to wait 2 ingame days before they can join another guild. so the penalty is already in place if they want to skip out on being killed or pay the fee.

Well, yeah, you can't join another team, but you can still kill your own team (if your levels are better). So I think this behaviour should be strongly discouraged, because if people start doing that, this system will fail.

Nice idea, but it has few weak points:

1) Strenght of both teams will be not comparable, in most cases if some1 see 2-3 strong players in one guild and weaklings in other guild he will join stronger faction or if he really doesnt like ppl in there he will not join at all :icon13:

2) Fee- if u join Total War u lose a lot of money( in most cases), especially if u r weak, why should u pay money to lose more money?

3) Still 0 advantages for ppl who r in the Total War, players who dont use that option will get exactly same xp and drops like u.

The only difference is - u can be pked everwhere and they r safe in most places, so can go afk, chat, trade, train and w/e they want without fear of being attacked.

They can even inform ur enemies about ur location if they see u somewhere training/killing for drops so enemy clear u from the spawn and they get that spawn.

4) Last but not least- u die once- ppl r coming to ip or idaloran and pking u again and again before u go to storage and get rosto- very discouraging and annoying, needs to be fixed otherwise weaker players will be afraid to join Total War.

Just trying to help :P

mp

Well, yeah, you can't join another team, but you can still kill your own team (if your levels are better). So I think this behaviour should be strongly discouraged, because if people start doing that, this system will fail.

But if it is with Total War command, so there is no need to take place in PK maps because players will be able to attack eachother in every map. So they can use not-much-used maps (c1 or c2) like tarsengaard or somewhere else.

So players wont be able to bertray team mates...

Also agreed with eMPi that it would be too annoying to get rostos when u die.

But to fix that problem, the command could be used on only NDD days so it will be ALOT more fun :icon13:

Oh, ok, right, nvm.

I was thinking more of 3 guilds fighting in PK maps as 3 different teams.

Its called "PK" i think, not "Total War" :lurker: j/k :D :D

What would be the guild tags for the two teams?

They could be named by colours so enemies could be easily noticed by tag colour. For example Red, Blue, Grn, Wht and so on.

Nice idea, but it has few weak points:

1) Strenght of both teams will be not comparable, in most cases if some1 see 2-3 strong players in one guild and weaklings in other guild he will join stronger faction or if he really doesnt like ppl in there he will not join at all :lurker:

2) Fee- if u join Total War u lose a lot of money( in most cases), especially if u r weak, why should u pay money to lose more money?

3) Still 0 advantages for ppl who r in the Total War, players who dont use that option will get exactly same xp and drops like u.

The only difference is - u can be pked everwhere and they r safe in most places, so can go afk, chat, trade, train and w/e they want without fear of being attacked.

They can even inform ur enemies about ur location if they see u somewhere training/killing for drops so enemy clear u from the spawn and they get that spawn.

4) Last but not least- u die once- ppl r coming to ip or idaloran and pking u again and again before u go to storage and get rosto- very discouraging and annoying, needs to be fixed otherwise weaker players will be afraid to join Total War.

Just trying to help :D

mp

1. the more people that join the stong team will give more incentive for someone,even other strong players, to join the weaker team. the weaklings will surely want to join the strong team no?

2. the fee is to help abuse and wont be much. its to have fun. if someone is worried about losing money when pking then they probably wont have much fun and this option would not be for them.

3. its not about any advantage at all its about having fun. and you dont get the same xp bc there is no xp in non pk maps. you can leave the team at any time and be safe again. and total war is only between 3:30 and 0:30 game time so the other 3 hours you are safe anyways.

4. ip is safe and from there u have the option of tele just about to anywhere. and if you suspect someone is camping on you, get a teammate to scout your exits, or carry more than 1 rost. you can just simple solution, #leave_guild, or just chill awhile bc total war is only bet hrs 3:30 and 0:30.

Also agreed with eMPi that it would be too annoying to get rostos when u die.

this is just a scheme to help the total war option by solving some of the fears, not redesign the total war system. yes will be pro on ndd :D

Edited by Quim

3. its not about any advantage at all its about having fun. and you dont get the same xp bc there is no xp in non pk maps. you can leave the team at any time and be safe again. and total war is only between 3:30 and 0:30 game time so the other 3 hours you are safe anyways.

I agree with Quim in that way.

You cant have both fun and advantage in PK. You have to make a choice: Have fun and lose money or No fun and save ur precious GCs.

Kad

Personally i think its a great idea :lurker: And wouldn't hesitate to participate in such an event.

(For those who didn't see us )We did something similar in PkG yesterday, we split the guild into two, and went into total war just for the fun of it (also allowing others to join). Lost a few dbs and pki myself :> but who cares :D it was great. And my nooby leathers were always returned! hehe

Implementing this would allow alot more people to participate for the fun of it, and revive a bit of good fighting :D

Like suggested earlier you can always drop from a team, or if you want to chill, stick to/tele to IP for a breather.

Lang :D

So people may lose a few pki points and abit of gold, but id rather be pked 500000 times and still be having a laugh than sitting on IP protecting them :D

It's funny, but most of the stuff that people list as potential problems, I see as plusses. The risk of betrayal adds drama to the game. The idea of having one team/faction way stronger, dominating the game so that the other team has to use strategy, tricks, ninja/assassin type tactics, etc, to win small fights and slowly build their rep and get stronger.

If all anyone wants is to run around like kids in a schoolyard, with no real risks and losing nothing, then this idea might not work any better than the existing Total War system.

But if people want a challenging game that requires strategic thinking, then I think this is a great addition to the game.

From an RP perspective, I'd like it if the faction guilds (the Red Army and the White Army?) were aligned with gods so this continuous war is connected to EL's backstory.

Sounds a good idea, I would give it a go. and there is no harm in giving it a try and then making rules for team members if overbalance becomes a problem

. The idea of having one team/faction way stronger, dominating the game so that the other team has to use strategy, tricks, ninja/assassin type tactics, etc, to win small fights and slowly build their rep and get stronger.

O in a perfect world, speaking from experience it doesnt work like that.Many a time ive been on pk maps with a few other mid level players and a certain guild comes in, and instead of teaming up and giving it a go they flee (and thats on NDD) !!! leaving poor moi 5 v 1 ( which is fun but does get boring when your always fighting a losing battle).

But like I said above it would be nice to give it a try and maybe change things if needed

lol..i like how the last 2 topics are about wars.

I think its a good idea. But there should be this island where u pay the 500 gc. Also there are guild bots on this island so u don't have to join a certain guild. Also if u have this island u won't be bothering anyone harvest, training, etc....

Overall

NICE IDEA :rolleyes:

edit- also there is no risk but there is a catch. everytime u die u lose like 500 gc. so u can only go to this island if u have 500+ and if u die more than 2 times and u have 500 gc u get tellyed out of the island.

Edited by daiske1

ninja/assassin type tactics, etc

hmmmm, what would be that? something like drop 300 caltrops around your enemy? ;):rolleyes:

Edited by MLCA

Great idea :)

I would do particapite :)

I think maybe it would be cool if the bot's would be in differant castles like say Ws city, Tg city, and Nc city

:)

nvm dist is working to get my items back :)

Edited by bigkav