Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Moon eclipse photos

Those photos are really nice!

I saw the eclipse when only about half of it was not visible, then I decided it was too cold and ran back inside ;p

When the moon is red and like glowing at the other end it looks like it's gonna blow up, lol.

Nice pics Ent and Roja. Too much light pollution here to get good shots (man I miss upstate NY).

Light pollution is really not an issue with the moon, but you can always buy a filter to remove most of the light generated by sodium and mercury street lamps.

..... I need better equipment.....

I have EOS 400D - sometimes known as digital rebel xti and I think it is a great bit of kit, especially if you get some good glass on the front of it. Only paid £400 for the body (approx $800 US according to online checker)

If you are after another body, I recommend having a look at the 400D or to wait and have a look at 450D which is due for release shortly (if not already out). Rec retail AFAIK (UK) £650 ($1300 equivalent) body only - no idea what the price will be in the US when released

I am pretty happy with the camera, what I need is better 'glass' (telescope). Preferably something with an aperture of 8 inch (20 cm) or higher, and tracking (it's impossible to do any astrophotography except for the solar system stuff) without tracking.