Eternal Lands Official Forums
Khalai

EL 192x192 PNG icons

I am a user of RocketDock application and I have an EL shortcut in it. However, I didn't have appropriate icon in sufficient resolution, so I decide to GIMP one. It's not some perfect, flawless, shiny stuff I know. I just added alpha channel a did a bit of enhancing of colours and sharpness. I want them shared, so if you use some gadget, which uses PNG icons in higher than 32x32 resolution, feel free to use these.

elqd8.png

el2wk8.png

And this is, how it looks in reality, using RocketDock (I trust, that other docks/gadgets will do just the same)

previewoz8.png

Enjoy them.

I did ask Roja about permission, don't worry. She said, it's O.K. to post them here, so I did.

Edited by Khalai

Mind if I steal those to make icons for my Eee PC's icewm desktop, then post them here for the chance that any other players have an Eee?

Mind if I steal those to make icons for my Eee PC's icewm desktop, then post them here for the chance that any other players have an Eee?

I'm not sure what's Eee. But you should ask Roja first like I did. These are not my icons and my graphics at all. I just put some form to it.

And if I didn't want people to download them and do whatever they please with it, I wouldn't bother posting them, would I? But before you repost, you should check, that you have the permission.

I see. It's new subnotebook from Asus. Frankly, I wonder how can anoyne work on 7" display. I have 15" on my notebook, just because it's a good compromise between size and weight and workspace. Anyway, ThinkPad rules :D

It's fine to use these images to make icons for EL on your computer...and yeah, what is Eeee?

A fine bit of engineering. A Linux-based laptop that's tiny. Very popular.

I see. It's new subnotebook from Asus. Frankly, I wonder how can anoyne work on 7" display. I have 15" on my notebook, just because it's a good compromise between size and weight and workspace. Anyway, ThinkPad rules :D

Personally, for me a laptop is supposed to be PORTABLE, not powerful. I have a 12" screen laptop which is considerably less powerful than a 15.5" other laptop I have, and guess which one I take with me when I go somewhere.

Try spending a few hours in an airport carying 4+ KG worth of laptop (in addition to your other luggage), and tell me if the extra CPU power is really worth it.

Personally, for me a laptop is supposed to be PORTABLE, not powerful. I have a 12" screen laptop which is considerably less powerful than a 15.5" other laptop I have, and guess which one I take with me when I go somewhere.

Try spending a few hours in an airport carying 4+ KG worth of laptop (in addition to your other luggage), and tell me if the extra CPU power is really worth it.

My ThinkPad weights only 2,6kg, which I find portable. However, the problem is that I do not own another computer, so this is my office, my cinema, my music player and my EL machine :) The dimensions are just fit for train travelling, which I use to transport myself to college :) But I admit, that if I wanted really portable device, I would have probably picked X series from ThinkPad (I have R series), 12" display, touchscreen, weight under 2kg, yet quite powerful. And expensive :D Threefold than R series :D

You mean that EL runs on an EeePC??? That would be amazing! One more reason to get one :D

Rehdon

Sufficient frame rate to mix stuff in nearly abandoned storages like TG ;)

Who needs framerate for mixing? You just click mix all, wait for resync, see XP geyser from above your head and heap of mixed stuff in your inventory, then again :D

I see. It's new subnotebook from Asus. Frankly, I wonder how can anoyne work on 7" display. I have 15" on my notebook, just because it's a good compromise between size and weight and workspace. Anyway, ThinkPad rules ;)

I got my laptop for power, mainly to move about my house freely. But yeah, it is a nightmare for travel (17" screen and heavy). I have been eyeing some of the little ones for travel, when I find one that can handle EL, i just might get one too.

For those curious about the Eee, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eee_pc

Yeah, I've seen Mr. Hazor's post in the EEE PC forum and said it runs with about 7fps (with poor man).
Outdoors I seem to get 10-12 with no other players/creatures around, As I type this from it, 9-10 is what I'm getting in the TG storage with half a dozen or so other players present. All eye candy, shadows and whatnot are off, but poor man is off as well, as enabling it didn't seem to affect it. In small buildings with no people I've had as high as 27.

To comment on the portability thing, my preference is also portability over power. I wanted a laptop for school use, and didn't want something wider than my torso and heavier than my brain.. nor did I need a lot of power, so the Eee was perfect. The Cloudbook seems like it may be better for its having slightly more power in the same form factor, but unfortunately it was announced after I had purchased my Eee. The only complaint I have about these things is the attention they draw because of their size.

Edited by Hazor

I think I am going to wait for the improved versions.. They are announcing 9" screens and a new CPU for the EEE, which is supposed to be 36% more efficient. The Cloudbook guys also announced some newer models coming in the second half of the year.

Yes, waiting would be a good idea, at last that will be what i will do.

I love those subnotebooks, but i am pretty sure, they will be much more powerfull and cheaper in a year or two.

So i will stick on my schlepptop (wich is german and refers to the actual weight of a laptop), or, if i really feel the urge to have a small comp with me, i will wipe the dust of my atari portfolio. Of course, it cant be compared to a eee pc, but it fits in my pockets and i can play star trader, caesar or tetris on it \ö/

Piper

Or you can get a PDA or PDA/Cellphone hybrid. I have a Torq P120 (ETEN m600) that I bought 2 years ago, broke it (dropped it from my hand so the screen went bye bye), and now finally managed to find a screen and ressurected it.

Very useful little toy, I have Skype, Putty, IE/Opera, and UFO (Xcom) :D

Yeah. I was 15 when it came out, the first year I got my computer. I played that game for months, like a maniac, kind of like some of you play EL now :lipssealed:

My lovely StormDaughter pointed out that the forum gallery held the large versions of the EL logo, so I used those. For any interested Eee users:

Normal version.

And one for those who like the blue logo.(..doesn't do so well with the blue, "accessibility," desktop theme. ;))

Unfortunately, I can't access image hosting at the moment to give you a preview, but I'll upload one while I'm at school tomorrow.

Edited by Hazor

Umm, why are the screens oriented in the 'portrait' mode? Thought they were supposed to be in lanscape mode, because it has a keyboard?