Eternal Lands Official Forums
XaRondas

Hard changes? Just an idea...

Well i was thinking lately , after the cap, the new magic formulas and the new skills like archery

how is it possible to make player/class ingame like fighters/mages/archers etc

Well the idea i have come up with is to make the cross attributes that are beeing affected 2 instead of 3

ex. if someone decides to put 2pp to Will, only rationality and etherity will be affected and not matter , as a result the mage will get his etheral points and rationality (i think that fighters care more from hp than mages)

Well also i think that in this case it will be also suitable to increase the cap a bit

Thank u for reading

Draug

hmmmm i still think i like my idea much more :P:

Swap Coordination's Might and Instinct's Charm.

(i.e.: Coord will give dex/react/charm

and Instinct will give react/perception/might).

If this was to be done, everyone would have to be set back to 4 for all attributes and get all their pp's back to re-distribute them, as the entire way character would be built would change.

Now, before anyone comments on this, try to think past the fact that you'll have to learn a whole new way of building your char and really think about what this would achieve.

I believe this could fix the current PK situation without there having to be a cap.

...if raising/removing the cap is the end goal here.

Edited by Korrode

hmmmm i still think i like my idea much more :P:

Swap Coordination's Might and Instinct's Charm.

(i.e.: Coord will give dex/react/charm

and Instinct will give react/perception/might).

If this was to be done, everyone would have to be set back to 4 for all attributes and get all their pp's back to re-distribute them, as the entire way character would be built would change.

Now, before anyone comments on this, try to think past the fact that you'll have to learn a whole new way of building your char and really think about what this would achieve.

I believe this could fix the current PK situation without there having to be a cap.

...if raising/removing the cap is the end goal here.

First cap, then no cap, make up your mind people. And what about those, who bought pps through hydrobars/nexus removals?

Actually, i originally posted that prior to the cap, and imo the cap is like a repair to a system that isn't quite right... dont get me wrong, compared to how things were pre-cap, i love how it is now... but i still think its better to solve the root problems.

When i'm more awake tomorrow i'll elaborate and explain the benefits of my suggestion and detail the reasons why the cap was needed to help the PK situation, and why my suggestion would "fix" PK without a cap, for those who dont understand.

I am not trying to open a new discussion about the cap,

i the reason i made this post is to suggest a way to make the game more competitive

redusing the cross attributes affected by the main attributes from 3 that there are now, to 2 cross attributes

Main Attiributes atm is like this

Phys : might, Matter , tough

Coord: Might, Reaction, Dext

Reason: Dext Pers Ration

Will: matter Ration, Ethe

Instic: reac, perc, charm

vitality Tough Ethe Charm

Well i was thinking if we take the cross attributes in bold (its an example) and create 2 or 3 new main attributes

there will be a much larger spread for pp. As a result a fighter/ mage/ archer / sum etc will have to choose according his class and of course with a lose of

gaining a 3rd cross attribute that would help him to advance in other classes

Edited by draugluin1

err are you saying that the words highlighted in bold = like 3 points of that cross-att whereas the others = 1/2?

:gecko: :) That last post made it a horrible idea if u wanted to change classes u would have to reset :omg:

<edit> the ":gecko:" was just a test but how awesome would that be

<edit2> hey u beat me u posted while i was typing :P

Edited by hobobob38

I don't think it's going to happen at all. The current system is quite solid. And the classes idea, well, there was an attempt for a mage class, yet all great mages are top fighters at the same time. And even now, with the cap, some monsters are not killable 1vs1, with this in place, there would be much more of them, because of the spread of pickpoints. I don't like it.

I don't think it's going to happen at all. The current system is quite solid. And the classes idea, well, there was an attempt for a mage class, yet all great mages are top fighters at the same time. And even now, with the cap, some monsters are not killable 1vs1, with this in place, there would be much more of them, because of the spread of pickpoints. I don't like it.

which monster would this be? Dragon? Giant? just takes longer.

Well i was thinking if we take the cross attributes in bold (its an example) and create 2 or 3 new main attributes

there will be a much larger spread for pp. As a result a fighter/ mage/ archer / sum etc will have to choose according his class and of course with a lose of

gaining a 3rd cross attribute that would help him to advance in other classes

Maybe Im wrong (plz correct me if i am) but wouldnt having a wider spread of pp's just revert the pk side of the game back to how it was pre-cap ? and just make a few uber high players who have the pp's to use untouchable again ? (and yes there are still a few now but with players teaming up against them its more balanced)

Hmm this will probably never make it into the game though i do wish there was some way that you could fight with magic alone and not have to fight physically as well.

Hmm this will probably never make it into the game though i do wish there was some way that you could fight with magic alone and not have to fight physically as well.

The "problem" I see with magic is, that a mage would need to be able to kill an opponent before he reaches the mage and beat the crap of him with his shiny sword. So you would need to deliver one or two deadly magic blows at them most to kill him, otherwise, you are dead meat. So it's all or nothing :D I can already see upset warriors bitching about how they are unable to stand a shot against mages or the other way around :D But I do see a way in a support caster, which is possible even now. One strong fighter, few support casters for harm/mana drain/remote heal. But I believe, that's even older idea than my character :)

Maybe with the new archery skill and ranging ingame soon.. new ranged spells will be introduced( since they might work on the same principle as arrows) so mages dont need to fight physically... we will have to wait and see what plans Radu has up his sleeve

Edited by conavar

The "problem" I see with magic is, that a mage would need to be able to kill an opponent before he reaches the mage and beat the crap of him with his shiny sword.
I've wondered about this too. You look at a game like WoW and the perspective is such that you can cast/fire on an enemy a LONG ways away. That allows you the time to potentially kill an opponent before he can reach you. But EL has no such ranges possible. Even with perception no involved (like a day-time fight) you still can't see more than a few steps away. That just doesn't give you much time.

Of course the same range problem will effect ranged weapons (arrows). It seems like it may be very hard to kill an enemy before he can close the distance and engage.