Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ferngale

EL 5th Birthday Bash Final Details

When: Saturday, 16 February 2008

6 PM GMT - if you aren't certain of when this is for you, try here : http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Where: White Stone City Castle and environs

NB: We will be using channel 825 for updates and chat as well as local

What to expect:

• Welcoming and Informational Ceremony
  • Door Prizes
  • Trivia Contest
  • Hide and seek
  • Announcement of the Lottery Winners
  • World Premier of a brand new type of Play - There will be two Performances.
  • Closing Fireworks
  • The unexpected

So come prepared to have FUN!

Thank you to the following people for things large and small, time given and spent, ideas and advice (Note: This is only the beginning of a list that grows hourly.)

Acelon

Aphistolas

Cho_yun

Cruella

Curia

Cyberwulf

Dendar

Dilloesional

Finnerlorn

Enly

Gossip

Guild =')

Guild Dao

Kagen

Lexi

Lilcnoot

Lu05

Lumino

Maryn

Melchloren

Moebird

Moonskimmer

Ryddler

Scafativ

Shallara

Shea

SleepyDragon

Usl

Valcaz

Vanyel

woo

Xenkoriu

<edit> to include Door Prizes and add names

Edited by ferngale

Announcement of the Lottery Winners

So we decided on multible winners? Either way, will be there! thanks ahead of time to all those helping out, this event sounds like it will be well organized!

~kGn

GUYS! I just got a very threatening message from Selain! Apparently, he is in a foul mood and he is angry at us for celebrating the party tomorrow. He told me to cancel the event or he would ruin it! We can't do that, but since he is the god of summoning, we can expect that he might attack the castle during the event; bring your weapons/armor to the event just in case! For those who don't like to fight, we will construct a safe area to keep you safe. If you do like to fight though, prepare to protect those who don't!

Also...

So we decided on multible winners?

That all depends. Check here: http://el-ces.110mb.com/lottery.html

Also, expect a LOT of smaller events not mentioned above to occur, in addition to the Epic Challenge that will be for the prize of the full black dragon armor.

On that note, with the donation of this armor, our prize fund for the event now totals OVER 1 MILLION GC! So there's bound to be something in it for you if you come.

Plus, it will be a LOT of fun, with something for everyone :)

Tell all your friends!

Buy lottery tickets!

Take screenies!

See you there :hug:

-Lum

Edited by Lumino

So we decided on multible winners?

That all depends. Check here: http://el-ces.110mb.com/lottery.html

Oookay, makes much more since, thanks. This sounds like it's getting better and better, cant wait :icon13:

EDIT: I would have Jaxbot film the events, but he's leaving for the airport today :) :) Ah well, maybe someone else will be nice enough to :D

~kGn

Edited by kaGen

GUYS! I just got a very threatening message from Selain! Apparently, he is in a foul mood and he is angry at us for celebrating the party tomorrow. He told me to cancel the event or he would ruin it! We can't do that, but since he is the god of summoning, we can expect that he might attack the castle during the event; bring your weapons/armor to the event just in case! For those who don't like to fight, we will construct a safe area to keep you safe. If you do like to fight though, prepare to protect those who don't!

What he's my fave god!

Thanks for the party. I didn't get to see the play, and the Fireworks were canceled, but I was happy to see and chat with all the people I seen today. I hope next year's is just as fun :icon8: You all are so great.

So, it didn't go perfectly. The play and fireworks got screwed up. But I had SO much fun!

We had 350 guests. WOW. Thats incredible. Our goal was 250--you guys blew it through the roof and made this the biggest event in EL, size-wise, ever!

We had over 1 million gc of prizes, which was great!

The lottery pot hit 600k :/ And the winners were picked.

Contact someone on the Board if you still need prizes.

We will draw for doorprizes and post the results tomorrow.

Post your pics/comments here!

-Lum

Edited by Lumino

Kracken, spartan_warrior, and donc won the lottery.

Thank you all for coming and having such a great time. I hope you enjoyed it :icon8:

Edited by Enly

who were the winners of the lottery? :icon8:

#Message from Ghrae: EL Birthday Bash Lottery Winners: 1st Prize Kracket 356,190. 2nd Prize Spartan_Warrior 178,095. 3rd Prize Donc 59,365. Congrats!

#Message from Ghrae: Kracken* (correction). You have to know the right name so you can spam them with things to sell!

Awesome event! when things went wrong, or slowed down a bit, you guys handeld it in a very professional manner.

The invasion was fun, I had a blast trying to escape black dragon, red dragon, 10+ ssellasars and feros' and fluffs without a diss ring and no mana, lol!

EDIT: Oh, and a great Hyper Bag contest as well :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EL!! :w00t:

~kGn

Edited by kaGen

Who won the door prize?

Great event. Could be some improvements, but since it was the first time around can't expect everything to be perfect. Very nice.

Happy Birthday Eternal Lands! The celebration went rather well I must say. Luckily, I got to stay for the majority of it, leaving only when the fireworks got canceled(which was unfortunate). I enjoyed the play even with the technical difficulties. I am now more confident that my play will be a success, though I will be using human actors. Other than that the events were fun even though I didn't win :D

Thanks to CES and all who made this event possible

Hopefully next time I will be able to help out more :w00t:

Edited by xenkoriu

Who won the door prize?
We will draw for doorprizes and post the results tomorrow.

We were all so tired and stressed after nearly all day of making final preperations and actually running the event we didn't really get around to figuring out doorprizes :pickaxe:

But stay tuned if you attended because there is still a LOT to give away :P Its possible there could be a few hitches because I believe gossip marked down myself and most likely other people running the event on the guest list and we're not supposed to get doorprizes :icon13:

But fear not we'll figure it out soon and tell you who gets what. Good luck :icon13:

And thank all of you so much for attending and being patient and understanding as we tried to work out a few technical difficulties, I hope you all enjoyed yourselves very much despite a some of those things :icon13:

Edited by Enly

Ah missed that.

And my last question. (hopefully I didn't miss the answer to this as well.) The epic challenge is going to be continued when? (and what time. :P)

Currently I believe the plan is for it to be continued next saturday at roughly the same time the first part was yesterday. This will hopefully be a time frame that all participants that made it through can be on again. We will let participants know more definate information as soon as possible.

We ran out of time to finish it as planned yesterday and apologize for that, and hope that everyone can make it whenever we reschedule it to.

I'm pleased that so many people attended even though it made the party really laggy. I'm sad that I didn't get to see the play (left, hoping to go back for second showing that was cancelled). Also I left the first fireworks to try to get more people to leave as noone wanted to leave it seemed. Then the second fireworks didn't happen. I hope they will happen another Sat evening GMT. The trivia quiz was interesting even though I couldn't answer fast enough. And I have no idea what a Grandmaster is. Great work on the party guys and thanks for arranging it for us.