Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gossip

Valentines Confusion?

A lot of people are asking me why I'm handing out the Valentines Greetings already. Well- because it's Valentine's day somewhere! It started in New Zealand, about 15 and a half hours ago, so I started handing 'em out, because I don't know where you live. And I'll keep handing them out until it's not Valentines day anywhere!

If you want to send one, just do a '/gossip myvalentine' for more information.

No confusion- I know what I'm doing... this time anyhow!

Gossip

I for one am very happy, I got my valentine on my valentines day ;)

Usually for me (here in OZ) the events happen one day too late, due to geo-ego-centric western hemisphere dwellers :confused:

Get

----- Over

It

S. :D

Edited by Spleenfeeder

Well, what's wrong with getting your valentine a few hours or a day early? Like real mail, it happens...not sure why that is confusing. ;)

Better to be glad you GOT a valentine :confused:

Ok fine, by your logic I should be dazed and confused everytime there is a christmas event on my 26th of December, or easter events one day late or whatever.

Funny how I don't ever get confused though. ;)

S.

Got not Valentines. Mi feel unloved :confused::D;)

getting one out of sympathy is surely worse than not getting one at all !

Seems to me that that could have been stated upfront :) because indeed there was confusion! I still appreciate the service! :whistle:

I completely agree! I was totally confused and annoyed when I got my Valentine yesterday. Gossip should somehow know everybody's timezone, or something like that. Maybe next year Gossip can get it right.

Happy Valentine Day everyone! (but only if it currently is- if it was yesterday, then sorry I missed it, if it's tomorrow- please re-read this post later).

scafativ

That wasn't the point SpleenFeeder, the point was the confusion and denial of there being confusion! That was a bit of an insult, too. :whistle:

The point is that in EL there are players from all around the world, and although I say "Happy New Year" at midnight here, it seems to go on forever, because we are GMT +13. While we may get a little tired of hearing the same thing many times, we really have to be tolerant of the "slow people" who only catch up many hours later.

So at last, someone in game (even if it is a bot) acknowledges that there are time differences for players... and you whine... as Spleen said - Get over it!

I am still fairly sure you will not explode either IRL or in game if your valentine arrives "early" or "late".

Cheers from NZ,

Stewbaby (TC)

Edited by stewbaby

... we really have to be tolerant of the "slow people" who only catch up many hours later.

Hey, we're not slow... we just... um, you know take our time :P

Though... I started saying happy valentines day yesterday evening, and I got a few responses of "You're late" ah well... we can make it a season :devlish: