Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ocle

Summoning Spam & Lag

Guest ocle

Summons should automatically attack the storage dude. So that storage can't be flooded with summons. Wouldn't this fix the lag issue? If not the storage dude for some technical reason, then perhaps some other type of 'guard' that does the same thing.

Non pk-maps shouldn't show the (*) spamming. I don't see why anyone would care in a non pk-map except for the summoner.

Along with the text spamming, theres also sound spamming. So it shouldn't make that spawning noise on non pk-maps as well.

The last 2 things can easily be done indiviudally by turning off the sound and ignoring (*) but its not an excuse for not fixing it the way I suggested, because there will always still be people to complain about it because of the annoying spam.

Ok, now let me know what is wrong with these ideas and why they are so horrible and can't be implemented.

Summons should automatically attack the storage dude. So that storage can't be flooded with summons. Wouldn't this fix the lag issue? If not the storage dude for some technical reason, then perhaps some other type of 'guard' that does the same thing.

Non pk-maps shouldn't show the  (*) spamming. I don't see why anyone would care in a non pk-map except for the summoner.

Along with the text spamming, theres also sound spamming. So it shouldn't make that spawning noise on non pk-maps as well.

The last 2 things can easily be done indiviudally by turning off the sound and ignoring (*) but its not an excuse for not fixing it the way I suggested, because there will always still be people to complain about it because of the annoying spam.

Ok, now let me know what is wrong with these ideas and why they are so horrible and can't be implemented.

Easier to make a #stop_summoned command and when turned on it only takes the items needed away and gives the exp for the 'animal' you tryed to summon but doesnt actually summon the 'animal' like with magic u can caste the same spell over and over but still takes the essences/eth points away but gives exp. And like you say stop the (*) from showing up in none-pk maps.

Yeah, I'm a bit tired of seeing "*so_and_so summoned a rabbit" 800 freakin' times in a row on on my screen.

yes im sick of it too...thats why i try to stay away from VOTD storage cuz everyone summons there...SUMMON AT DP...MORE ROOM! :)