Eternal Lands Official Forums
Albazz

We need to hear Radu`s plan for PK server

Im gonna join in on the whining choir about PK server beeing dead.

I do believe actions are needed to keep the server alive, and i really hope some actions are taken. Some of us really love the PK server and have fun on it, and I do believe many more would have fun too if they tried.

Each day now, people quit the PK server cause the lack of players there makes it straight up boring to play. We all know one of the best features of EL is the community. So what I would love, is for Radu to tell the people who`s still hoping for the survival of the server what his plans are for the server, if any. Will you make it easier to get on the PK server for the average Joe?

Viva PK server.

Albazz aka Hawkeye

Seconded! I love playing on the PK server, but there isn't anyone to play WITH, except my alts... and honestly they aren't much fun. Klinger has no sense of humour and Trapper is obsessed with his crafting level :hehe: I wanna know what the plan is.

perhaps the hard core of PK server will keep it going? I am there for a few hours every day, probably will be even if I am the last. No one to find and try to kill me :hehe:

If the PK server becomes a solid fact, the myths about it dissipate (aka the stupid idea that you get killed all the time) and people trade alts to friends on main, the population will grow back?

Edited by sithicus

I was going to go p2p this week but will wait to see what happends to server

Its been great coming back to EL

And im all for the PK server i even paid and signed two more peeps up for it over last couple of days

But the mood is changing on here at mo people talking about quiting and what will happen to the server

I Guess we need some inspiration from the Man himself

So like the title says

We Need to hear Radu's plans for PK server

And if he has ideas or what he thinks about the ones we have discussed on the forum

Handy

But the mood is changing on here at mo people talking about quiting and what will happen to the server

And thats the main problem:

Ppl just get a PK server account, run around for 5 minutes, thinking, the server is empty and leave.

Of course, when everybody leaves, the server is empty.

I have seen and met a lot of ppl there, who arent there anymore. But i doubt that *everybody* is right now busy in real life and has no time to play.

Maybe giving it a try and logging on with your pk server account and staying online for longer than 5 minutes might solve the problem of an empty server.

It might take some days/weeks/months until we have there a new community, but when everybody gives up that easily, it *might* take a little bit longer.

Most users ever online was 90 on Sun Dec 30 20:42:06 2007

I remember, when we had 100 players online on the main server and the party in the Happy Spirit Tavern. (which means, that Tumaros still owes me a beer >.<)

We had already 90 players online on the PK server, and the main server is still alive, so that wouldnt be such a bad sign.

So, dont ask, what the PK server can do for you, think, what you can do for the PK server and the community there.

Just use your accounts, log on and stay online and there will be ppl on the PK server, and we will have a nice community over there.

Its really that easy. Log on and stay online.

Really :)

Piper

I agree with what The_Piper says: the best way to get people on the PK server is for those with accounts to use them. People will generate interest and more people. The lack of people, well, we're already seeing that.

I too plan to hold on to the end. I'm having to much fun to let the whiners talk me out of playing too.

I wonder if a few invasions, contests, and other events on the PK server (advertised on the forums and/or on the main server) would help increase people's awareness and draw some over?

There are no plans, the PK server will be there, no plans to cancel it or anything.

Those who want to join can join, there is not much I can do about it.

PK server is great. I dont always play because lvling a/d is soo borign when you die on somthing naby like a gob.

I think that there should be a bot ingame (Main server) that basicly every hour or so says somthing like

"Have you made a fourums account yet? go to www.etenal-lands/forum for details"

and

"like pking? well we have a whole server for it! www.Whats ever the link is.com"

Then people will actualy know about the pk server. :)

Reading this thread really reminded me of this ctrl-alt-del comic. People just won't wait around long enough to actually see if its fun and give it a try.

Sadly I must include myself among those, I played the pk server for a bit but walked out on it because the lack of the EL community I had grown to love so much. However I also found myself bored by the need to level a noob character again, perhaps in time I shall return again to play on the pk server. I also was pulled away by the distraction of tailoring on main, so I guess it can really be different for everyone. Would be nice to see an active community on the pk server... we just need to make it.

... there is not much I can do about it.
There are a lot of things one could do about it (some suggested in this and the other thread about the server). The actual questions are: how much would they help, is it worth the time/effort to do them, and do you desire to try?

Unfortunately I think the above ctrl-alt-del comic it pretty accurate for many of the big batch of people that were on the PK server the first few days, with people's tolerance lasting a few days to several weeks.

I played PK server for a bit. Was great at first but after a few weeks everything just seemed to become boring and it was becoming the click-fest of the main server, but without the great community. The original fear and excitement that you are in danger soon faded away once you realise that on most maps you are the only person there. I would definately like some changes to be made, otherwise poeple who loved it at the start will soon quit

I live on the PK server now and intend to stay.

I am also buying up any floating alt characters for gc. When I have enough of them I intend to do a series of contests on main with a PK char as the prize.

Without exposure the server may well stagnate, so never mind what g0d's plans are, let's get out there and do something ourselves.

I propose barricading ourselves in a tavern, drinking copiously and singing tales of the great times to be had on the PK server.

w00t! count me in, Labby :) And I love doing contests so lemme know if u need a hand eventually.

Maybe some advertised events on the PK server would get those people with accounts to log back in... lets all put our heads together :)

Hmmm.

Maybe giving people a 1 trial week, to see the server, and see what its like and what goes on there may help? Then if they enjoy the server they can buy a account. :P

Hmmm.

Maybe giving people a 1 trial week, to see the server, and see what its like and what goes on there may help? Then if they enjoy the server they can buy a account. :D

According to my guildie, who* bought me an account, says that the PK server is cheaper then a cup of coffee. :P

I don't really say how making a trial/cheaper would help anything.

I admit though, I quit the PK server, mainly because I don't have time right now to play main server anyway. But trust me, I signed on one day, and there were around 7 people online in my guild.

I just hope it lives on, killing *CO*'s mules is fun to do, to do to do...

Edited by Jaxbot