Eternal Lands Official Forums
Grog

A question to bot owners

I enjoy studying economics and have been tossing around an idea. I would like to gather data about the quantity and price of items available from the trade bots in EL once per day and publish it on the web. All data published will be weighted averages and total quantities, not statistics of individual bots. I *could* also include which bots were seeing selling an item, which may be a handy thing for players.

Clearly this is not a replacement for rraisa as she is kept more current then this page.

So two questions then for owners:

Would you oppose the publishing of aggregate information?

Would you want you bot name listed on items it sells?

i don't see how this is any different then rraisa.

the only thing different that you will do is pm my two bots once per day to find their prices and items instead of how ever often rraisa pm's bots.

thanks to learner my bots don't give rraisa any info which is kinda good since one of my bots sells diamonds for 2.25gc (price subject to change) and i can't keep him filled up even with the small customer base he has now

Hm, i dont see any sense by doing that.

The trade bots dont control the market, you have always to take the players and the guild NPC's into consideration.

So you have to check the guild NPC's and market channel too.

The selling/wanted lists of the bots dont represent the in game market and are not a representative base for price calculations.

Just my 2 euro cents.

Piper

If I know that 3 bots sell uber_item_x, I PM all 3. I buy from the lowest. The other two don't have sales, compare, and lower their prices below the bot I bought from. Eventually it erodes profit. (Yes there is a limit when they will not go any lower, but the erosion is there. Erosion that is felt on market as well.)