Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LIGHTspeed

Medallion Formulas

Hello all,

I did a search for this and nothing came up, so I thought I may as well suggest it. :P

Subject: Moon and Stars Medallion Formulas.

Moon Medallion

moonmedallionlq8.jpg

Formula -

1 Polished Sapphire <--- Could be removed or changed.

1 Silver Medallion

2 Fire Essences

Stars Medallion

starsmedallionvu5.jpg

Formula -

1 Polished Ruby <--- Could be changed to 1 Polished Sapphire?

1 Silver Medallion

2 Fire Essences

As some of you know, the Stars and Moon Medallion Icons were changed a while back,

and though the formula suited the old Icons, they don't do justice to the new ones.

I realize that this formula has been used for such a long time, changing it may be a no-no just because

people are so used to the old ones, but...

Thank you for your time!

P.s. I orginally had a third suggestion involving something entirely different, but as I've forgotten it,

it'll have to wait for another time. :)

Edited by LIGHTspeed

So instead use a gold bar for moon one and polished sapphire for stars one? Well, why not, doesn't sound like terrible change to me.

Perhaps add that left out polished ruby to sun medallion as a switch for gold bar going to moon medallion. Gold medallion+ruby fits quite well in something inspired by sun.

The issue though is the books you need read, the required knowledge for the books would have to be changed up and that could be a pain

it's a logical idea, but I think economically the prices for those would drop since bars are easier for players to make than polished gems, not to mention cheaper

The issue though is the books you need read, the required knowledge for the books would have to be changed up and that could be a pain

I see your point but Stricken was quite accurate...

Tbh not really. most crafters have all bar books, all basic rings, all medallion books read ^.^ atleast i hope so...

Most crafters, even lower leveled one do have all those books. I can be fine example, my crafting level is only 27, but I read all gemstone minings, processings and emebedding books, just to make sure, I won't be in any need, if I suddenly decide to go crafting hard.

it's a logical idea, but I think economically the prices for those would drop since bars are easier for players to make than polished gems, not to mention cheaper

That's questionable, I don't see much difference between making bar and polishing a gem.

Bottomline: this suggestion is purely cosmetic, however I still like it.

but then would someone not ask why they need to read jewell embedding for moon med when there is no jewell?

As Khalai states, it is a cosmetic problem, and IMO the solution is also cosmetic. New med images ftw :P

Tbh not really. most crafters have all bar books, all basic rings, all medallion books read ^.^ atleast i hope so...

Most crafters, even lower leveled one do have all those books. I can be fine example, my crafting level is only 27, but I read all gemstone minings, processings and emebedding books, just to make sure, I won't be in any need, if I suddenly decide to go crafting hard.

Same here. :P

As Khalai states, it is a cosmetic problem, and IMO the solution is also cosmetic. New med images ftw wink.gif

As mentioned in the first post, these icons already ARE the New medallion images...

Edited by LIGHTspeed

This is simply not true though since gold bars are worth 45-50gc and a polished sapphire worth more like 20gc.

I like the idea of making the ingredients match up with the images but it has to be well thought out. The problem I see with using a gold bar for a moon med is a lot of crafters use them for levelling at some point and at the moment they are good gc by selling them to the NPC and you get craft exp for polishing the sapphires as well as makin the medallions. With the use of a gold bar to make a moon medallion it would no longer be profitable to sell them to the NPC and will make levelling for low-mid level players much harder and more costly.

This is simply not true though since gold bars are worth 45-50gc and a polished sapphire worth more like 20gc.

I like the idea of making the ingredients match up with the images but it has to be well thought out. The problem I see with using a gold bar for a moon med is a lot of crafters use them for levelling at some point and at the moment they are good gc by selling them to the NPC and you get craft exp for polishing the sapphires as well as makin the medallions. With the use of a gold bar to make a moon medallion it would no longer be profitable to sell them to the NPC and will make levelling for low-mid level players much harder and more costly.

Well, with the sapphire put into stars medallion, crafters could simply level on them. XP are even 5 more than moon, the ingreds would be the same and they could sell them for the same price as moon ones. So I don't see the problem here.

But I second your statement about goldbars as not being true that they are cheaper than polished sapphire.

I agree that the icons need changing again. I don't see rubies or sapphires on the corresponding med pic so they need recolouring.

Though I had forgotten it, I also just noticed that Moon Medallion, which used to be Silver, still uses a Silver bar.

With both the Jewel and Bar type off, it's quite confusing, and although really not something major, when someone gets the time, I think either the pictures should be changed(again), or the formula changed to better suit the Icon. :)

Edit: Errors...

Edited by LIGHTspeed