Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DormantSouL

Connecting

I've looked through and couldn't find anything related to my current problem.

Approximately one hour ago, while mining, and chatting, the game stopped responding.

I've tried to re-open EL several times since, but cannot connect to server.

I gave it some time, figuring it may have just been a server crash, but no one else has seemed to mention it.

Am I the only one having this problem, or... ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried connecting to the test server as well.

I have also tried running the shader, and it on the test server.

I uninstalled (& yes, the mydocs folder also) & reinstalled the game, and had no success reconnecting.

Any all other programs I have that connect to the internet have no difficulty.

....any thoughts/suggestions here?

Edited by DormantSouL

Have you updated any drivers lately ?

I updated the driver for my mouse and the game froze several times.

After I went back to the old driver, have I not had the problem.

My re-install was after the previous connection attempts.

No change in operation before or after.... so far.

Also just tried network connections & scans.

Everything passed fine.

Edited by DormantSouL

I'm having a very similar issue, although I've changed no hardware or drivers since I've started playing. So, I did what any self-respecting IT guy would do, and ran a 'tracert' and, lo-and-behold, there's a problem on the US East coast somewhere in Level3.net's infrastructure. The run keeps failing immediately after:

• ae-1-69.edge2.Washington.Level3.net [4.68.17.12]

Looks like we may just have to wait for them to fix the offending server/router, or wait for everyone else to route around them.

I'm having a very similar issue, although I've changed no hardware or drivers since I've started playing. So, I did what any self-respecting IT guy would do, and ran a 'tracert' and, lo-and-behold, there's a problem on the US East coast somewhere in Level3.net's infrastructure. The run keeps failing immediately after:

• ae-1-69.edge2.Washington.Level3.net [4.68.17.12]

Looks like we may just have to wait for them to fix the offending server/router, or wait for everyone else to route around them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've run several traces & diagnostic tools.

I did find one server not responding (not the same as mentionde above)

I did however, and unfortunately, find several erratic connections.

I will do what I can in the meantime, and try to keep this thread up to date.

Tyvm for your input.

*** CROSSES FINGERS FOR DS's Speedy return***

Same thing happend to Erins game But I Switched out his CPU and installed the game. I just chucked it up to being an outdated vid and slow/older pc...

HURRY BACK TO US DS!!!!!! WE MISS YOU!!!! :)

I'm in western Massachusetts. (also using roadrunner cable connection, maybe Road Runner is blocking?)

Are there any tools I can download to assist in figuring out this problem?

EDIT: Ok... I'm in.

Edited by JimP

Guest Erythrina Cristagalli

I have been playing the game for a while. Today I was walking from Grahan´s Village to Lakeside when the game stopped respondig.

Since then it has been impossible for me to login with that user. Every time i tried the system crashed. I was able to create a new character and played with it, but I would like to conitnue using the older one.

Use a #help_me in game to contact a moderator to see if they can get your original character away from the current buggy location. You might also want to try logging in with your new character, turning poor man on (options -> details) and then trying again with the old char, in case it is a video card issue.

Since this is a completely unrelated problem to the rest of the posts in this thread, please start a new topic if you continue to have problems.

Sorry to bump up an old topic, but I've just done a forum search and found that DormantSoul's scenario is very similar to what I'm experiencing now.

I was happily clicking away on EL when suddenly my DSL just dropped (this happens a few times a day so I thought no big deal), however when I try to reconnect to the server I keep getting:

'Can't connect to server :(' blah blah blah

I live on the West Coast of Australia (Perth) and my ISP is BigPond.

Please help this EL addict asap, thankyou.

EDIT - Nvm working again after about 30 min.

Edited by Banditos

I'm also having this problem right now.

In the last couple hours I had this three times, the game just stops and then after some minutes it starts working again. But now it just stopped and doesn't seem to return working anymore. Everything is fine except for EL.

When it happened for the second or third time, I talked to some people and apparently they also had the same problem.

Is there any network problems going on with the server?

Edit (08:58 PM): Just started working again.

Edit (09:22 PM): Not working again.

Edit 3: Working. This is really annoying...

Edited by heu

Same here Heu.

maybe we have a problem with our brazilian power plant or something. :bow_arrow:

This: Resync with server started today for me.

sometimes i get 2 minutes of black screen. i have no idea why.

ok. after a little help from Asgnny =)

i did a tracert game.eternal-lands.com

and found a problem at fr.above.net

Heu did the same thing and got the same results.

dont know how to solve but found the problem.

ok. after a little help from Asgnny =)

i did a tracert game.eternal-lands.com

and found a problem at fr.above.net

Heu did the same thing and got the same results.

dont know how to solve but found the problem.

Here it is

heu@tatooine:~$ traceroute game.eternal-lands.com

10 ebt-ge-4-0-0-intl02.mianap.embratel.net.br (200.230.3.250) 207.326 ms 163.205 ms 161.671 ms

11 p4-1-0-0.r01.miamfl02.us.bb.gin.ntt.net (157.238.179.201) 163.228 ms 155.088 ms p4-1-1-0.r01.miamfl02.us.bb.gin.ntt.net (157.238.179.1) 153.719 ms

12 xe-1-3-0.r20.miamfl02.us.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.5.121) 158.678 ms 153.164 ms 151.683 ms

13 as-2.r20.asbnva01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.3.8) 188.724 ms 196.024 ms 193.234 ms

14 po-3.r04.asbnva01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.2.169) 179.537 ms 181.917 ms 180.358 ms

15 ge-6-0-1.mpr2.iad10.us.above.net (64.125.13.113) 167.294 ms 178.423 ms 175.919 ms

16 ge-3-0-0.mpr2.dca2.above.net (64.125.26.241) 176.849 ms 167.252 ms 166.395 ms

17 so-0-1-0.mpr1.lhr3.uk.above.net (64.125.27.166) 240.134 ms 240.380 ms 244.816 ms

18 pos9-2.mpr2.cdg2.fr.above.net (64.125.23.14) 245.349 ms 246.730 ms 251.948 ms

19 te9-4.er1a.cdg9.fr.above.net (64.125.23.81) 248.535 ms te1-4.er2b.cdg2.fr.above.net (64.125.23.33) 246.534 ms te9-4.er1a.cdg9.fr.above.net (64.125.23.81) 250.372 ms

20 * * *

21 * * *

22 * * *

23 * * *

24 * * *

25 * * *

26 * * *

EDIT - Okay I found out my router's firewall is the cause of this connection problem (surprise), EL is fine for me again now.

Edited by Banditos

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this