Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sywren

PK Server Event on Main

I held an event on the day of the character wipe, but didn't make it a huge event or anything. We could hold a larger, announced version, but we would have to give away a couple more characters.

The event is a "find her and kill her" sort of thing and my main character is perfect for this sort of event since she is only 39/39 a/d. I hid in the EVTR PK cave (wearing only an mm cloak of course) and it took about 45 minutes for anyone to find me with about a dozen people looking.

If you are all interested, I think a larger scale version of this event would help get some publicity as well as new players. To make it larger, we could get two or three more people to donate $5 and join in. We would need as many other players hiding around on PK maps.

We couldn't tell you all where we are, but we would let everyone know who they are looking for. Since it is announced, it would be a fun PK day since there might be quite a few people wandering maps looking for us. You are all welcome to PK the lookers!

Is anyone else willing to donate $5 and/or have a low/medium character willing to get killed for a good cause? If there is a decent reaction, I'll get with you to start planning.

Note: This is not an opportunity to get alts! Only new players can win, please.

Current Tally:

Character Donations-

SyWren

Handyman

sithicus

Hiders-

SyWren

kaGen

peino

Handyman alt?

sithicus?

Edited by sygon

If it happens in mid-week after Feb 17, I'll volunteer to be one of the rabbits. :cry: I'd be curious to find out if there are people in EL who would like to kill me. :) (How embarrassing will it be if no one goes after me?)

Actually, I have been thinking of staging small Peino-hunt contests, only I don't have anything to offer as a prize (other than my pathetic death).

Note: I'd be happy to do this even though I'm not a PKer and have no interest in going to the PK server myself. Let's let the "why do you non-PKers hate PK?!" crowd deal with that. :(

EDIT: My a/d/p/c is 50/52/18/19. I think. My stats are public. Go look them up.

Edited by peino

I'll die, I'll die! :) I can even wear cheap armor, and put up a tiny fight for weaklings :D

though I dont have RL money.. atleast not alot :)

~kGn

Ill do i can to help

anything to keep the PK server going

I can even find $5 and have pkable alts Loader my manuer /potioner is weakest

Handyman

Edited by deano

\o/ This will be fun! :icon13:

We still need two people to cough up $5. Anyone?

$5 in RL is equal to:

a cup of coffee at Starbucks

a gallon and a half of gas

tipping your waitress

half (only half!) a ticket to a movie (and there's nothing good out now anyway)

I've updated the post above to show our current standing. If two more people donate $5, I'll go ahead and get the event on the calendar and make the post. I'm looking at Wednesday the 19th around 23:00 GMT (6:00 pm EST) if that works for everyone. Please correct me if my time calculation is off.

I've updated the post above to show our current standing. If two more people donate $5, I'll go ahead and get the event on the calendar and make the post. I'm looking at Wednesday the 19th around 23:00 GMT (6:00 pm EST) if that works for everyone. Please correct me if my time calculation is off.

Sounds a nice event, but being midweek and at 23:00 GMT (even later on mainland europe),I think a lot of people who may want to wont be able to participaite due to work/school the following day, and if my timing is correct Australians/Nz's will already be at work/school (correct me if im wrong) , maybe a weekend date would be better ?

Edited by conavar

We can do that if it's better for everyone. I was worried about getting in the way of any invasions or special days since Radu usually holds them then. Is a weekend date preferable for most?

My schedule is really crazy for the next several weeks:

-- Next Sunday, 2/17, I have an art show opening (I'm the organizer, so I'm booked solid all of this upcoming week).

-- The following week, my mother is on vacation, and I've promised to spend the first couple of days of the week with her.

-- Sometime between next week and mid-March, a friend from out of state is coming to stay with me a few days. She has yet to confirm days off with her boss, but it will be a 3-day weekend (Fri/Sat/Sun or Sat/Sun/Mon). I'm just not sure which one. And as addictively wonderful as EL is, I do intend to spend the time out with her -- and not out in a PK map. :icon13:

-- On Wednesdays, I go out with friends regularly, but it's not a big deal if I give that a pass once in a while, so that's why I suggested mid-week.

If you can pick a date/time as soon as possible, I might be able to let my future houseguest know before she settles on a date with her boss. Otherwise, sorry, Sy, but your PK charity cases will have to take a backseat to flesh and blood humans. :)

OK! I settled out my schedule. From Thursday, Feb 21 through Thursday, March 13, I have no plans and can line up to be sacrificed to the PK server any time of any day from 10AM to midnight. :D Pick a date soon! I want to mark my dying day in my date book. :P

I have been looking for a PK server char for some time now. Can't find a seller...

And I miss a lot of contests nowadays because everybody seems to prefer Saturdays :/

Please, pick a day different from Saturday? Unless it is in the early afternoon GMT. :P

-- Cyp

1. Date and time has to be finalized, so Thursday February 21st at 22:00 GMT (5:00 EST). I can't make it on the next couple of weekends because my weekends are getting booked quickly by RL, so I really apologize to those who can't make it at that time.

2. We have lots of people willing to die, but not enough people willing to donate a character. Are there any unused characters out there that anyone is willing to donate? I've already made the "it's not that much money" list, so now a new approach: how much did you spend on that Xbox game you rarely play because you're too busy with EL?

3. I had a snow day today (actually an ice storm day) and stayed home playing the PK server. It was beginning to feel as if I couldn't change maps without running into a different person. Either there are more people on the server when I'm at work, or you're all coming out of hiding. At any rate, I'm getting that "can't go afk" nervousness again, and this is a good thing.

Edited by sygon

I purchased some nice alts and have a main char with 30's A/D that is available for hide-and-seek, but I might not actually be able to make it here on thursday. We'll see. Contact me for the account.

Edited by sithicus

I guess we hiders should pm Sygon about what maps we want to hide in, so we don't all end up huddled behind the same barrel in the same cave. :D But do it in pm, since the whole point is to be hiding!

Will all of my hiders please pm me with the following information by tomorrow so I can post the final details on Wednesday?

I need to know:

1. Basic a/d/p/c stats of the hider (I will be posting general basics, so know that this will be public)

2. If you plan to wear armor/weapon, carry rosto, diss/flee, heal, etc... You're welcome to do as you like, but I would like to announce it before hand so people know what to expect if they find you, and know if perhaps they should avoid you and move on and look for someone else.

3. Where you plan to hide~ I'm hoping by chance we'll be pretty spread out

4. Confirmation that you will be able to hide. Please let me know also if you've changed your mind or discovered you have other plans.

Since we currently have more hiders than prizes, the winners will simply be the first three to kill. Therefore, some hiders won't necessarily be killed.

Thank you again!

i just thought... if someone happens by and just happens to kill one of us, but is in no manner interested in the PK server, is this considered a win?

I am going to get a mod to announce it, so I imagine anyone in a PK area has enough presence of mind to know what's going on. Hopefully they will leave the named hiders alone and concentrate on killing the lookers, but if that happens, we'll just have to talk to them about whether or not they want their prize. We aren't going to force it on them :D Chances are pretty good that someone who frequents PK maps/arenas has an interest in PK and might be curious about trying out the server.

If that happens - if some random PKer who is not interested in the prizes comes along and kills a hider - what should we do? Should we go find another place to hide and get back into it, or if we get killed by a non-contestant, does that mean that a real contestant loses that chance to win?

Because in the initial announcement, you do invite PKers to hunt both us and the seekers, even if they don't want the prizes.

If that happens - if some random PKer who is not interested in the prizes comes along and kills a hider - what should we do? Should we go find another place to hide and get back into it, or if we get killed by a non-contestant, does that mean that a real contestant loses that chance to win?

Because in the initial announcement, you do invite PKers to hunt both us and the seekers, even if they don't want the prizes.

I might have been unclear about the "non-contestant PKers". Those who kill us are hopefully doing it for the prize. If they find us and don't want the prize, they could always just stick around and wait for the next person to show up.

If it happens, we'll have to decide at that time since there are variables like how many people know the loc, time into the event, etc.... We'll be on a channel together and can talk about it if comes up.

When I ask a mod to announce it, I'll ask that it be stated (in pretty blue spam) that killing one the five of us means you want the prize, and we can always reiterate it in channel 6.