Eternal Lands Official Forums
asgnny

In Memoriam

I didn't know Desdamona too well... just some occasional light chatter... but sad to hear nonetheless :)

On numerous occasions tho, i've gone AFK for a few hours at SRM sto and i can certainly tell from reading the local history when i came back that she someone who was a lot of fun and very full of life... a couple of my guildmates knew her well too, they've always spoken very highly of her, it's easy to see she was a great person who was loved by many.

My condolences to her family and to her friends, may she rest in peace.

Desda, i never knew you well.but wish now i had tried harder. You were a great person and great to talk to, my god be with you and your family in this hard time.

God Bless you and your family

R.I.P.

Zalbo

P.S. im with temptest,if needbe ill give all my gc to help make a statue in her remeberence

Edited by Zalbo

I knew you only a little but always admired your self-confidence. You were a great woman...

Time to listen to some metal in your honour, desda.

Cree.

I don't think I ever spoke to Desdamona, but i was used to seeing her around, and when someone is taken from us, as a community we suffer. My condolences to her family, to those who knew her in the game, and RL.

I happened to hear about this yesterday aswell.

Can't say I've always been best buddy-buddy with Des, still.. it was kind of a shock to hear.

I immediatly went to check with Zia if it was true and sadly she had to confirm it.

Sorry to all her friends and family left behind, especially her daughter.

And I'm with Cree, time for an extra load of metal. :)

-Blee

Well, i wont be able to say alot. I heard about it yesterday and dont know how long i cried.

I have to tell about her family. She had lost his husband in a traffic accident around 5-6 years. She was living with her daughter who played EL a little as Raxen. Raxen will stay with Zia i think.

It has been a great pleasure to be your EL boyfriend for 2 years desdy! Never think that i will ever forget you. You will be always missed... *hugs*

:)

I can't say I ever really knew her, but this is indeed sad news to hear. My condolences to all her friends and family, both real and EL.

Not to long ago I heard of the death of another EL player, far less known... and it really is a sharp reminder of reality to remember that life is just as fragile for the people in the digital world as it is out there in the real one.

I pray her friends and family stay safe, and together and can find comfort somewhere. I know the pain of loosing a loved one is harsh.

I just can't find words that seem to sound right to reply, but I feel I have to say something anyway. I had no idea about this, and of course now I wish I would have talked to you more lately. No more chance now.

I never knew you that well, but I'll always remember you by that chat about missing socks :). In MM cave I think it was, you were getting your daughter ready for school. Every mother with kids around 'that age' can probably relate to that... socks that just don't manage to stay as pair in the laundry.

I know who I'll be thinking of when I'm looking for that other half... bye Desd :(

We never had major dealings, still she was a special thread in the vast tapestry which makes this world where we live part of our lives, and -- I am sure -- of the larger world outside as well.

Sincere condolences to the family and to her EL friends, from me personally and from all members of >FA<. :)

wow... here I come to the forums to read about some crazy new suggestions, how PK is dead, and someone selling EFEs on market forums for 10kgc a piece.. then I find this. It's like reality punches you in the face and wakes you up to the real world.

I heard about this yesterday on the pk server... here I was worried about whether I should go in a house to afk or not and then this pops up. It's a shock. As I said at the time, you never expect an online friend to die. You don't realize it's a real person until something like this occurs.

I never knew you, personally, Des. Only through a few friends of mine who you bonded with well. Even though we never spoke, I will miss you. It only saddens me how you left the World. I always wonder why people can't just die easily with no pain. It's just not fair.

At least you're not hurting anymore.

I didn't know Desdamona, but from what I've read about her in this post, speaks volumes about her. My sincerest condolences to her family and friends. She will be dearly missed by all those that was touched by her life.

To the family and other loved-ones of Desdamona,

My condolences to you all, she was a great person and will be missed by many ... both RL and ingame.

She will be remembered by so many cause she touched so many.

With love,

BethAhabah/Miss Butler

and Niemand

I didn't know Desdamona but I often wished I did. We only crossed paths in local a couple of times, and I read her posts in forums, and she always struck me as a cool, fun, smart person, someone I would have liked to call a friend. She was one of those ELers whose presence at a storage or in a forum thread made me feel like this group was worth being a part of. Even though I was a stranger to her, I feel like I just got hit in the face by this news. My heartfelt condolances to her family and friends. I offer my prayers for her spirit's safe journey to her next life.

I never really knew Desdamona, I would say "Hi" and she would say "Hi" back. But I never heard a bad thing about her ever. I wish her family and friends the best and I hope that in your most desperate moment of pain you find a way to ease it and move on with your lives.

In memory to Desdamona I dedicate a song to her family and friends.

"One Sweet Day"

Des, in my short time in Rawr we had some fun conversations, and some more before and after. Great times at votd storage and in KF, and you'll be missed. Rest in Peace.

-Shuj

I only knew desda for a short while, but she was an amazing person and I had alot of fun chatting with her. Rest in peace, des. I'll miss you

Edited by swordofflame

fighting cancer is one of the most horrible experience a person can suffer. family and friends watching their loved ones fight this horrible disease helpless to do anything suffer just as well. both of my parents fought and lost to this within 10 months of ea other. i hate it for anyone who has to go through it. im saddened to hear of desdamonda passing. from my encouters with her in game she seemed always full of life and was very spirited. she will be missed

I didnt know her, but she will surely be missed. my prayers go out to her and her family.