Eternal Lands Official Forums

I would like to slap the bagjumpers. How?

If the bag has the ID of a player (like summoned creature and summoner),

the player bagjumped can hit the bugjumper who is on his bag. :rolleyes:

This don't means the end of the bagjumping (nobody will find the thief of

a small bag), but it's just a protection for the players who need to make a

huge bag to work properly.

To see to come to nothing several hours of work just because a stupid stay

on your bag is really unfair.

So, you are on my bag? I can attack you because I have the same ID of my bag... :wub:

I would like to slap the bagjumpers. How?

If the bag has the ID of a player (like summoned creature and summoner),

the player bagjumped can hit the bugjumper who is on his bag. I can attack you because I have the same ID of my bag... :rolleyes:

I like that idea. Bagjumper=pkable if they deny the trade or to move off bag. Their name would have an added tag, FREDSNAMEHERE~holdingPopeye's stuff

You know, ideas like this come up every few months (search would yield a number of interesting discussions) and the bottom line is always the same: a dropped bag no longer belongs to you and is at risk of poofing or being taken; do not trust them for items of value. I doubt that standard response will be any different this time.

You know, ideas like this come up every few months (search would yield a number of interesting discussions)

If search didn't yield so many freaking results, folks would probably use it more often. It shows the topic name and does not take you to the related page. Instead you have to search through pages of text. Why don't you be more helpful?

You know, ideas like this come up every few months (search would yield a number of interesting discussions) and the bottom line is always the same: a dropped bag no longer belongs to you and is at risk of poofing or being taken; do not trust them for items of value. I doubt that standard response will be any different this time.

Probably you don't know the gypsum. I harvested 7 hours to get 18k gypsum and the first stupid, intentionally, in 12 minutes can destroy it?

I agree with Bck. Seeing as bagjumping is NOT against the rules, i highly doubt any form of 'official' retribution will ever be brought upon bagjumpers. Becareful what you drop.

a new skill called slap!

slap your enemy using this skill

requires 20 eth and deals 1 damage

that's one way to slap someone :rolleyes:

In a way I agree with this. Gypsum is very heavy, and the only way to work with it and make any progress is by using a bag. Perhaps wieght of gypsum should be dropped a few emu. Especily now with the cap in place. Or perhaps the new pets that where discused could help solve this.

If search didn't yield so many freaking results, folks would probably use it more often.
Sadly, I have to agree with you. The search function in this forum is the least useful of any forum I've used/visited. Even when I know the thread I'm looking for (because I started it or posted in it) I still have a terrible time finding it.

As to the topic (oh yea, that thing) bags are by-definition risky to use. Even when I'm harvesting something heavy like gypsum I still run every load to storage. Yea, it's lots of running back-and-forth, but then again, I've never lost a bag.

I really do understand that lots of people like to mix on-site. But personally I perfer to harvest everything to storage and mix there. May not be as fast, but it's less risky and works better for me.

Very ture. I also prefer mixing at store, but gypsum is another matter. It is not the "I can bring 90 to store at a time" that is the problem, the problem is, everything that uses gypsum takes 15-20 of the stuff per item. So teh summoners are foiled again..Not only do summoners need 5K emu, the need millions of gc's to make yetis, fluffs, giants dragons, chims. When you summon a animal like a yeti your out 10K gc' per shot. It is almost as cheap to just #suicide and lose a rosto. Summoners can now sell there skill, and they do work at one place with bags. Most sell their stones to npc. I do belive work needs to be done within this area of game. I only wish I had the awnsers.

Firstly, I'm sorry it happened to you, but...

Secondly, give me a peace. You got bagjumped and so did many many other people. Happens. If every single person that gets bagjumped runs to forum and suggest something like you did instead of 10 similar threads (SEARCH) we would have 10.000 of them.

Bagjumping ain't against rules. Bags never meant to be storages. You take an advantage of using a bag to mix you have to face the risk. The situation is very similar to fighting. No risk, no gain.

I don't think I have to mention I dislike this suggestion. Supposinly, it was obvious by this point.

(As for gypsum - I agree, it's way too heavy).

Gypsum is heavy, i know (harvested 200k+), but it has a meaning since exp from stones is very high (i get 420+ from a tiger stone...) and good money too. Imo weight of gypsum is there to make summoning the hard skill it was planned to be.

As for being bagjumped, it happens (3 times to me at gypsum iirc, i know the feeling). Many ways exist to be safer: hyperbags, small gypsum bags, harv&mix, pay someone to bagsit...

"Hey could you sit on my bag for a sec?"

"sure"

*BRUTAL BEATDOWN*

This could so easily be abused for people doing muling work, or someone could just drop a few bags on the ground with a fruit in it as bait and then pk everyone who steps on the bag

"Hey could you sit on my bag for a sec?"

"sure"

*BRUTAL BEATDOWN*

This could so easily be abused for people doing muling work, or someone could just drop a few bags on the ground with a fruit in it as bait and then pk everyone who steps on the bag

No no no! Just on the bag, and would be attackable only by the person who made the bag, and only for 1 slap(would be nice if it would deal always 1 hp loss) :evilgrin: !

This wouldent help to get your bag back, but atleast with that slap you would feel a bit happier! :bangwall:

No no no! Just on the bag, and would be attackable only by the person who made the bag, and only for 1 slap(would be nice if it would deal always 1 hp loss) :( !

This wouldent help to get your bag back, but atleast with that slap you would feel a bit happier! :whistle:

:D

So, even 2 slaps... which is that phrase... to turn the other cheek? ;)

I look at it another way. Bag jumping is stealing. legal in the game, yes, but stealing

none the less. There is basically no penalty for stealing in EL. There should be a way

for some one to attack a bag jumper in a non pk map to add at least some level of

risk to bag jumping.

Better idea is to be able to make booby-bag devices thru engineering. Drop this device into your bag when you leave it for storage hauls and if anyone other than you trys to open it, it explodes. If you die and have a device on you, it automatically is dropped into the bag--regardless how many other things get dropped Perhaps even have somesort of medalion or key to make thru engineering or crafting that will allow you to get on bag and open without it exploding--making it a chance that someone can gain by bagjumping if they can afford the tools for it. Not all will be using thesedevices, thus will give the added spice to the game.

Better idea is to be able to make booby-bag devices thru engineering.

Really good idea! :icon13:

Finally some use for blackpowder in the no pk maps

edit hmm but I want action before the 12 minutes *poof* too :hehe:

Edited by Blodoks

Better idea is to be able to make booby-bag devices thru engineering.

Really good idea! :)

Finally some use for blackpowder in the no pk maps

edit hmm but I want action before the 12 minutes *poof* too :)

Imagine: Your were killed by the booby-bag and gone to underworld!

Better idea is to be able to make booby-bag devices thru engineering. Drop this device into your bag when you leave it for storage hauls and if anyone other than you trys to open it, it explodes. If you die and have a device on you, it automatically is dropped into the bag--regardless how many other things get dropped Perhaps even have somesort of medalion or key to make thru engineering or crafting that will allow you to get on bag and open without it exploding--making it a chance that someone can gain by bagjumping if they can afford the tools for it. Not all will be using thesedevices, thus will give the added spice to the game.

It was suggested before. I still don't like this idea. Too easily abusable. Lessens the risk of using bags for mixing, which I'm against. Moreover, I can imagine there will be quite many people watching newbies dying on IP after picking bags. Additionally, a person dropping such bag should have the very same device as others to open it without a risk of explosion.

I like these ideas.

Of course, you should not use bags, but bagjumping with an easy to create alt char is just a little bit too easy IMO.

Blodoks idea: It would spice up bagjumping, and you have at least a chance to get stuff back, but still its risky to work with bags. But easy to create 20/20 health bagjumper alts with big carry load and MM perk have then a more painful life. Which is a good thing IMO.

Sheesh's exploding device: Let it be heavy and have a 50-70% chance to explode. And maybe a 1% chance to explode in your inventory. Let the damage be stackable. So your DB can be really deadly for a bagjumper, but its your choice if you want to waste your carry load to carry such device(s) with you or some other useful stuff like HE's and SR's.

To care about newbies: such a device wont work on IP.

Somehow that sounds fun for me and isnt that easy to abuse.

Piper

Hi there! I like the idea of these exploding bags very much, but I also have to agree with Vanyel that it could be easily abused. I can imagine some mean people walk around and place "fake bags" then wait for a victim who opens it and die..I have some idea how to avoid the abusing. As long as you just step on a bag that is not yours and has an explosive in it and open it, it wouldn't explode right away but it would have a 10-15 seconds of cooldown time before exploding, unless you take something out of the bag. It would also not explode in case you put something in the bag. This way the person who opens your bag would have a 10-15 seconds long time to decide if he or she wants to die or rather leave the bag alone :icon13: . It would also mean that people who just open a bag by mistake wouldn't die (for example it happened to me that I was mixing in a busy place and after hitting a telenexus I accidentaly walked on and opened someone else's bag instead of my own :P )You could also refresh your friend's bag who was eaten by the grue :D I would also make the required lvl to make an explosive high and they wouldn't be very cheap items. So it wouldn't worth to just play around with them to annoy others and also wouldn't worth to protect a bag which has for example only 200FE in it. Only those players would use it who mix or collect something that worth more than the price of an explosive. Bag jumping wouldn't disappear this way which, let's admit, gives a bit of excitement and realistic style to the game, but also you could avoid the big unhappines over losing a very valuable bag.

I don't think Entropy wanted bagjumping to disappear. If he wanted there would be plenty ways of doing it, wouldn't there? Once again, bags were never supposed or designed for using them to mix at resources. I honestly disagree with any ways of making bagjumping impossible and it is where all suggested here ideas lead to.

Actually I was thinking that it would only explode if you were to try to take something out or put something into it for exchange. Therefore, you would know you are risking your life if it does explode. So someone that is just standing on it --whether they log in or whatever--can see what is in the bag, can decide if they want to chance it, but it wont explode unless it is tampered with. As for the weight limits that Piper suggested, yes, great idea. Point is, it does not reduce bagjumping, just makes bagjumping more of a skill or sport than a total profit margin.

As for bagspamming, perhaps also have a risk to set the devices more than once--a chance to go off while you set more than 1. Server message: OMG!! You idiot!!! Can't you set the device correctly? <You have died.>

Edited by Sheesh