Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Scarface

Mr. Scarface got PKed by TommyKnocker:

Fri Feb 8 20:09:37 2008 TommyKnocker killed SCARfACE.

Then he (scarface) tells TommyKnocker and me that there is a bug and he died with the rosto and ended in hell with the rosto, but lost items.

[13:54:25] [PM from SCARfACE: Any rosto bugs left?, I wont cry bout my drop but i died to tommy right before serv restart n drop bag rosto went to hell w/me]

So I look in my logs, and what do I see?

Fri Feb 8 03:06:21 2008 SCARfACE withdrew 1 Rostogol Stone

Fri Feb 8 04:12:36 2008 SCARfACE deposited 1 Rostogol Stone

Fri Feb 8 20:12:03 2008 SCARfACE withdrew 1 Rostogol Stone

Fri Feb 8 20:13:11 2008 SCARfACE deposited 1 Rostogol Stone

Fri Feb 8 20:16:24 2008 SCARfACE withdrew 1 Rostogol Stone

He deposited his rosto 6 hours before, and withdrew one right after he was killed. Now, if his story is true (he ended up with the rosto in hell), why would he go to the storage and get another rosto?

Then I log in as him, to check and see if he has more than 1 rosto on him (if he did, then it would have been a bug).

And guess what: he only had 1!

P.S. I also checked the 'bug' with some other player, and it worked as expected.

Mr. Scarface got PKed by TommyKnocker:

Fri Feb 8 20:09:37 2008 TommyKnocker killed SCARfACE.

Then he (scarface) tells TommyKnocker and me that there is a bug and he died with the rosto and ended in hell with the rosto, but lost items.

[13:54:25] [PM from SCARfACE: Any rosto bugs left?, I wont cry bout my drop but i died to tommy right before serv restart n drop bag rosto went to hell w/me]

So I look in my logs, and what do I see?

Fri Feb 8 03:06:21 2008 SCARfACE withdrew 1 Rostogol Stone

Fri Feb 8 04:12:36 2008 SCARfACE deposited 1 Rostogol Stone

Fri Feb 8 20:12:03 2008 SCARfACE withdrew 1 Rostogol Stone

Fri Feb 8 20:13:11 2008 SCARfACE deposited 1 Rostogol Stone

Fri Feb 8 20:16:24 2008 SCARfACE withdrew 1 Rostogol Stone

He deposited his rosto 6 hours before, and withdrew one right after he was killed. Now, if his story is true (he ended up with the rosto in hell), why would he go to the storage and get another rosto?

Then I log in as him, to check and see if he has more than 1 rosto on him (if he did, then it would have been a bug).

And guess what: he only had 1!

P.S. I also checked the 'bug' with some other player, and it worked as expected.

well i don't know what to think about this because there have been rosto bugs ( i think ), but according to logs provided by entropy, he didn't have rost in INV at the moment he died, and if he really did had the rost in INV and it was in fact a ROSTO bug, he should have taken a screenshot :D

i think hes lying, but actually something like that happened to me, but i actually lost nothing and KEPT the rosto xD

I don't get it. Was he trying to scam either you or TommyKnocker into replacing the items he said he lost by claiming that he was the victim of a bug?

well i don't know what to think about this because there have been rosto bugs ( i think ), but according to logs provided by entropy, he didn't have rost in INV at the moment he died, and if he really did had the rost in INV and it was in fact a ROSTO bug, he should have taken a screenshot :D

There were two bugs, one was fixed about two years ago, and the other more than a year ago. They were related to killing someone with BoD and the other one was when you killed someone with poison.

Very bad :whistle:

I mean, come on, the number and the text dont even line up, the space between the number and the text is too small... :(

Here i made u a better one:

betterforge.png

erm.. On topic:

And now everyone knows; dont screw with people who have access to the server logs ;)

actually its a fact i died in test server and didnt loose rostos or my items or maby its cuz i had more than 1 rosto in inv? but i thought if u did you would loose all the rostos

Edited by PriVate

actually its a fact i died in test server and didnt loose rostos or my items or maby its cuz i had more than 1 rosto in inv? but i thought if u did you would loose all the rostos

You loose only 1 rosto, I have often more than 1 rosto in inv when we have invasions, saves time and are more safe.

Of course it's a different ball game if you had more than 1 rost on you, but you gave the impression you didn't lose any rost. :)

You loose only 1 rosto, I have often more than 1 rosto in inv when we have invasions, saves time and are more safe.

ahh i see no wonder

erm.. On topic:

And now everyone knows; dont screw with people who have access to the server logs :D

Now there's a great siggy quote! :P

erm.. On topic:

And now everyone knows; dont screw with people who have access to the server logs :)

Now there's a great siggy quote! :)

Can we make that a T-shirt?

:)