Eternal Lands Official Forums
Mango

remove pickpoint buying before its too late

If its not weeks of harvesting then Radu is giving you a chance to provide him with the proof. Why dont you take up his challenge?. I also doubt that someone is going to spend loads and loads of USD to buy the stones for a server that has 40 real players online at one time.

Edited by PowerWarrior

Id like to buy nexus with hydro bars, Id like to remove attributes and nexus too...

But cant there be a feature that makes sure you cant spend more PPs in attributes then your OA +perks pps.

So the advantage for fighters is free human nexus, which is 6 total yeah? 6pps more or less works for me :)

Still people who will need sick ammounts of GC to get those 6PPS + PPS for other nexus if they want those.

:D

*edit: Or when removing nexus with nexus removal stone a dialog with the wraith will appear (on remote? woot ,, hes a ghost after all) where you can get another nexus in return.

So that everyone can rearrange attributes and nexus but cant get the BIG advantage of ~8++ Attributes.

ProH

Edited by BlackFalcon

Id like to buy nexus with hydro bars, Id like to remove attributes and nexus too...

But cant there be a feature that makes sure you cant spend more PPs in attributes then your OA +perks pps.

So the advantage for fighters is free human nexus, which is 6 total yeah? 6pps more or less works for me :)

Still people who will need sick ammounts of GC to get those 6PPS + PPS for other nexus if they want those.

:D

*edit: Or when removing nexus with nexus removal stone a dialog with the wraith will appear (on remote? woot ,, hes a ghost after all) where you can get another nexus in return.

So that everyone can rearrange attributes and nexus but cant get the BIG advantage of ~8++ Attributes.

ProH

Agreed, in other words, only nexus which are gotten by PP are removable with stones. So there is an advantage, but not a unlimited one.

When I said: "show me 50 hydro bars and a nexus removal stone" in a week, I didn't mean the whole god damn game, I meant one player and his alts.

Anyway, I still don't see a problem with it.

I didn't mean the whole god damn game

yeah u said it dude, it is a whole god damn game ! xD

edit : but if full guild makes it to help 1 pker and bost him it can be doable in 1 week maybe ;)

Edited by Michic0_oL

*sigh*

Usually i am too lazy to use my brain late at night, but ill give it a try now...

YES, you can buy pickpoints in this game for real $$$. And thats annoying in general, but:

First you need to get a nexus removal stone. One which removes a nexus you have.

You can try to find one. Fingers crossed for you and good luck.

You can try to buy one. Same thing.

YOU WONT GET A STONE THAT EASY! PERIOD.

According to radu's post, there is one stone in game. Do you have it? Does it remove a nexus you have? Yes? Lucky you.

Sure, you can make radu happy and buy 200 rostos from the shop and sell them in game. Have you done that? Have you found buyers to get rid of 200 rostos and get the money to buy the hydro bars? Yes? Lucky you again. I doubt that.

@pest: Yes 20 coords make a big difference. Do you have 20 stones which remove 20 nexus points you have? Really? Again, lucky you. And have you sold the rostos to buy the hydro bars already? I would highly doubt that too.

The sole problem is, you can get as much hydro bars as you want, who cares. BUT YOU WONT GET REMOVAL STONES THAT EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, i say it again:

No one will benefit from nexus removal stones that much that they get 20 coord for free because

NO ONE DOES HAVE THAT MUCH STONES RIGHT NOW OR IN THE FUTURE!

And even with alts that wont happen coz i think that radu is tricky enough to make sure that not more than like 2-3 stones enter the game per month, if he doesnt want that ;)

Piper

Ok... it's called "Foresight".

Here's the dictionary definition: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/foresight

Many people posting in this thread have very little of it.

Think 1-2 years from now, not this week.

EDIT:

And also consider the problems that there will be if you wait until hydro nexus becomes a problem before you do anything about it.

Some people will already have hydro nexuses. So, if the NPC is then removed, unless you're going to strip people of their purchased pickpoints (of which they would no doubt be furious about), then they will have a character setup that is unattainable to any other players.

Look at the main server. Think about the problems of fixing this later rather than now. Consider the determination of the types of players that are on the PK server. Look at the amount or RL$$ certain individuals have spent on EL.

Think about it all really hard.

Edited by Korrode

Many people posting in this thread have very little of it.

EDIT:

And also consider the problems that there will be if you wait until hydro nexus becomes a problem before you do anything about it.

Some people will already have hydro nexuses. So, if the NPC is then removed, unless you're going to strip people of their purchased pickpoints (of which they would no doubt be furious about), then they will have a character setup that is unattainable to any other players.

Look at the main server. Think about the problems of fixing this later rather than now. Consider the determination of the types of players that are on the PK server. Look at the amount or RL$$ certain individuals have spent on EL.

Think about it all really hard.

Ye exactly lol, just like we didnt expect people to pay 500k for pp's when they got introduced on main server. We were never so wrong, and nexus buying singlely made dragons stronger, and got us the attri cap.

Unfortunately there seems to be no interest in fixing this for good.

lol think 1-2 years? when its already to late?

Use this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain from time to time, it really doesnt hurt.

According to Entropy's post i would guess the rate to find a nexus removal stone is one or two per month. For the whole community, not for every single player.

So, after 2 years we would have at least 24 nexus removal stones in game.

Spread over the whole community, not in the pockets of a single player.

And those stones remove various nexus, not only the one or two you might have raised.

So the chance, if you even manage it to buy all stones, that you can even *USE* them, is not that big. For example, you buy 3 artificial removal stones, but your artificial nexus is 0, you wont benefit from the stones.

So the fact, that ~24 stones in 2 years will affect the game and the community that much, that there would be an unbeatable player, is *DEAD*. You simply wont get all stones for one player, and if players use them to get one or two free pickpoints then to raise coord, thats really not a big thing.

But no player will get 20 coord for free just from nexus removal stones.

Ok, now about hydro bars, since you can just buy your nexus with hydro bars, you dont need to use nexus removal stones.

You can buy rostos for $$$ from the shop.

Do you really think that you can SELL the rostos to the PK server community to make money to buy 1000 hydro bars from the NPC? I highly doubt that.

Ok, you still can make/buy s2e's to harvest hydro and make the bars on your own. How long do you think will that take to get the swords to harvest the hydro ore to make 1000 hydro bars? Even with alt chars or even with guildies helping you?

A week? A month? A year? Whatever, if you really do that, even with the help of your guildies, i can only say congratulations, you really earned those nexus you bought. Because you have been working for them.

So, you cant buy that big amount of pickpoints with real bucks.

You can buy rostos, but the community is too small on the PK server to make loads of money from selling rostos.

So no easy buying hydro bars from NPC or easy buying s2e's from NPC to harvest hydro ore.

So.. where is the problem?

Piper

First of all, selling Rostos on the pk server is a breeze.

Secondly, one waits maybe to spend a pp on an nexus till one has a nex removal stone...

Thirdly, there is more than one nex removal stone ingame.

If its so unattainable as you say it is, why fight the removal of the NPC?

The majority of people on the PK server doesnt like it nor wants it ingame.

P.S. Sorry about the lack of links to wikipedia or uncyclipedia.

Hawkeye

If its so unattainable as you say it is, why fight the removal of the NPC?

Just to have the option to buy a nexus with hydro bars, you have been working on?

Nobody forces you to do that, but you can do that.

And i doubt that someone will be able to really get that big advantage from buying nexus for hydroo bars.

Well, just my 2 cents.

Piper

According to Entropy's post i would guess the rate to find a nexus removal stone is one or two per month. For the whole community, not for every single player.

So, after 2 years we would have at least 24 nexus removal stones in game.

So, we're expecting 0 growth in player numbers?

And those stones remove various nexus, not only the one or two you might have raised.

So the chance, if you even manage it to buy all stones, that you can even *USE* them, is not that big. For example, you buy 3 artificial removal stones, but your artificial nexus is 0, you wont benefit from the stones.

Um, do u understand how people have been (imo) abusing the hydro nexus system?

Someone who buys 3 arti nexus removal stones then goes and buys 3 arti nexus with hydro bars, then removes those nexus with the stones and has pp's for attributes.

50 hydro bars should only equate to a pickpoint for a nexus, but through use of these stones, 50 hydro bars + 1 nex stone equates to a pickpoint for attributes

Ok, you still can make/buy s2e's to harvest hydro and make the bars on your own. How long do you think will that take to get the swords to harvest the hydro ore to make 1000 hydro bars? Even with alt chars or even with guildies helping you?

In a year? with a bigger player base? with everyone having alts? relatively quick.

A week? A month? A year? Whatever, if you really do that, even with the help of your guildies, i can only say congratulations, you really earned those nexus you bought. Because you have been working for them.
Just to have the option to buy a nexus with hydro bars, you have been working on?

And i doubt that someone will be able to really get that big advantage from buying nexus for hydroo bars.

Again here you show that u dont seem to understand. It's not about buying a nexus, it's about buying a pickpoint

So, you cant buy that big amount of pickpoints with real bucks.

I hope you now understand, that yes, you can.

So, now, about that Brain link.... :D

Edited by Korrode

Piper,

I don't think you understand what you can do with these stones. Lets start from the beginning, someone finds a Arti Removal Stone, then someone who spends $$ on EL will offer to buy the Stone for 100$ (LuciferX was paying that.) He then goes and buys 1Mgc with more $$, and he uses that GC to just buy 50 Hydro Bars, he then goes and uses those Bars to buy a Arti Nexus, then removes it with the Stone he has, giving him 1 PP to use in any Attribute.

It's not so bad if someone dosn't buy them with $$, because they have worked hard for it. (TooMass..) but I still don't like the idea of being able to buy any kind of PP/Nexus with or without $$/gc. It just shouldn't be allowed, lol. :)

So you are concerned that someone is going to get an advantage buying pick points at $100+ each? So for the low price of $9600 someone could max out their P/C if there were 96 stones on the market. What is the harm in that? You have a server that is paid for for a couple of months.

If it is the argument that someone has more money than me...what if someone has more free time? Should we all be limited to a time quota? No more than 3 hrs per day? Personally I don't think the concern has much merit to. I'm sure the developers are smart enough to not flood the server with removal stones.

Piper,

I don't think you understand what you can do with these stones. Lets start from the beginning, someone finds a Arti Removal Stone, then someone who spends $$ on EL will offer to buy the Stone for 100$ (LuciferX was paying that.) He then goes and buys 1Mgc with more $$, and he uses that GC to just buy 50 Hydro Bars, he then goes and uses those Bars to buy a Arti Nexus, then removes it with the Stone he has, giving him 1 PP to use in any Attribute.

It's not so bad if someone dosn't buy them with $$, because they have worked hard for it. (TooMass..) but I still don't like the idea of being able to buy any kind of PP/Nexus with or without $$/gc. It just shouldn't be allowed, lol. :D

So you are concerned that someone is going to get an advantage buying pick points at $100+ each? So for the low price of $9600 someone could max out their P/C if there were 96 stones on the market. What is the harm in that? You have a server that is paid for for a couple of months.

If it is the argument that someone has more money than me...what if someone has more free time? Should we all be limited to a time quota? No more than 3 hrs per day? Personally I don't think the concern has much merit to. I'm sure the developers are smart enough to not flood the server with removal stones.

Piper,

It's not so bad if someone dosn't buy them with $$, because they have worked hard for it. (TooMass..) but I still don't like the idea of being able to buy any kind of PP/Nexus with or without $$/gc. It just shouldn't be allowed, lol. :P

Would be a decent post, if you'd have played long enough, to know what happend on main server. And playing time IS limited. 100 A/d max and oa is maxed somehow also, in terms of sick xp. Pp buying isnt limited.

But I cba anymore, too few people on pk server anyway. :)

lol a year for 1k s2e? no way. i have over had ing for 400~, with a few 100 on counter already on dekke.. and i dont even play at all anymore. with 3 alts and dekke i can average 10 s2e~ a hour

Edited by Zerobaum

I think you are missing the point here

Fact you can make s2e’s / hydro bars very quickly in game

Fact Peeps with $$ can use it to an advantage

Fact you can gain an advantage if you buy nexus removal stones

Fact in long term this could cause a problem

All we were trying to do was make this work right from the beginning

And that way peeps that spent time playing and working hard in game would deserve their advantage

Rather than buying it

But I don’t think it will matter anymore

PK server needs some sort of relaunch/ advertising or it will die completely

That s what we now need to concentrate on now

Does Radu still play PK server???

Have not seen Hotz on for ages

I am going to give it a go for another week and see what happens

Handy

With 30 people how freakin often do you think u r gonna find a nexus removal stone? HIGHLy unlikely i doubt in the 2 months played any 1 has found any

2 of the stones have been found (could be more)

1 by aepox and some else

and for some reason no 1 has gotten binding stone :)

With 30 people how freakin often do you think u r gonna find a nexus removal stone? HIGHLy unlikely i doubt in the 2 months played any 1 has found any

Fact in long term this could cause a problem

All we were trying to do was make this work right from the beginning

would help if you read posts before you reply Stricken

It dosn't matter how long it takes it still can be done.

edit - as for PK server, i was going to buy another character for there to play on, don't think I will anymore, it's got quite empty.

Edited by Superman

The time it takes shows there is just the same amount of people who can do the exact same thing. People just don't want a super power. I'd love to see some 1 spend thousands of dollars for 12 Pick points i'd laugh @ them put them on #ignore and tell em to get a life

#edit

towards superman why even play at all then? and why bug the forums? lol liquid :> u should stay banned

Edited by Stricken