Eternal Lands Official Forums
Mango

remove pickpoint buying before its too late

Lmao trust me 50 hydro bars = nothing on pk server. And the walk is already done lol. And that is with low emu chars and low alch chars etc.

If you think people who make lots of gc, deserve extra pp's, well, nothing more to be said . :):doze:

Come in two weeks to me with 50 hydro bars and a nexus removal stone (which you actually purchased, not borrowed) and I'll remove nexus buying.

Instead keeping talking/responding , about how hard it is to gather 50 hydro bars + nexus stone, think about the thing I said millions of times before.

PICK POINTS ARE BUYABLE. Read it ... goooood. See how retarded that is? You think thats a good thing, that pickpoints are buyable?!

Cant accept the challenge, no books read etc, and if I could do it 2 weeks time, I would stop playing immediately, cause there wouldnt any balance left in this game lol.

Cant accept the challenge, no books read etc, and if I could do it 2 weeks time, I would stop playing immediately, cause there wouldnt any balance left in this game lol.
If you want it to be removed, you can harvest gc as a guild project.

I don't see the problem with them being buyable. Everyone has an equal chance to buy them, yes? You are acting as though it takes just a few days to buy one, when in reality it would take a few weeks, weeks where you can't train or do anything but harvest lilacs.

Problem is, people don't have a equal chance, with those who DO pay $$, and those who DONT. People would have no need for them now, but once people reach the max a/d cap, then people will want to get higher attributes. Thus making them strongest in-game, and it being boring.

Just my 2c.

I don't see the problem with them being buyable. Everyone has an equal chance to buy them, yes? You are acting as though it takes just a few days to buy one, when in reality it would take a few weeks, weeks where you can't train or do anything but harvest lilacs.

Sure, everyone has equal chances... like on main server right :evilgrin: . Damn lol.

And that thing about not being able to train, is kinda irrelevant with alts. I can train ogre fine, even with 2 alts on lilacs, and 1 alt mixing srs/he. Dunno how much gc I made while training ogre, but I think it quite a lot.

When I said equal chances, I meant "for the same amount of effort". And since the attribute caps were implemented, the effect of buying PPs has been drastically reduced anyway.

There alot of talk about this in the noob channel

I think where this is a new server peeps just want to get things right from the begining

and try to stop it messing up as we go along

The option to make gc using $$ is always there especialy if $$ is not a problem we have seen this on the main

Handyman use to buy and sell gc and set up p2p and name changes along with Luci and a few others

Since PK server has started it has developed faster than i thought it would things like serp swords and hydro bars all ready in the game and soon steel and titanium armours

To me this shows the dedication members have to this server and that anything is possible

And gc is easy to make im going to have a mining day today and make 1000 tit bars tomorrow thats 40kgc in 1 day and 2 hours mixing

Or shall i go make 1k steel bars and mine and make 8 hydro bars

all this aside the big questions are

Can buying pick points ruining this game

Does it give a unfair advantage to those with $$

Do members realy want this option

I know how hard you have worked at this game over the years Radu

and you should have more exp on these matters than others

but im going by what has been said in the noob channel by members

maybe some sort of poll might be the idea to sort this out

Either way im back to training and mining have fun out there

Handyman

So if I understand it correctly, the challenge is that someone gives Ent the stuff needed to buy a PP within two weeks in order to be rid of PP buying forever? Well, if thats all there is to it, then why aren't you whiners making steel bars already?

It's only 8000 steel bars and a couple of iron bars we're talking about after all. That pp removal stone is free because everyone will gladly donate his stone for free because they want to be rid of pp buying as well, RIGHT???

Edited by sithicus

So if I understand it correctly, the challenge is that someone gives Ent the stuff needed to buy a PP within two weeks in order to be rid of PP buying forever? Well, if thats all there is to it, then why aren't you whiners making steel bars already?

It's only 8000 steel bars and a couple of iron bars we're talking about after all. That pp removal stone is free because everyone will gladly donate his stone for free because they want to be rid of pp buying as well, RIGHT???

Right.

I find it amazing that the same arguments used here were used when this was implemented on the main server.

If someone buys items in the store to sell ingame and buy hydro and nexus removal stones, then it will help the game by providing income, increasing the value of hydro and nexus removal stones, and gives a teeny tiny advantage to a rich player that can easily be overcome by another player with 4 less PP's who is better prepared, trained and more experienced in pvp.

It hasn't ruined the main server, there are no runaway characters with uber pickpoints, and hysteria hasn't taken over the game.

But what kind of fun could we have if we didnt get hysterical about things that haven't happened yet and might never? :icon13:

I bet you 500gc :D .

I find it amazing that the same arguments used here were used when this was implemented on the main server.

If someone buys items in the store to sell ingame and buy hydro and nexus removal stones, then it will help the game by providing income, increasing the value of hydro and nexus removal stones, and gives a teeny tiny advantage to a rich player that can easily be overcome by another player with 4 less PP's who is better prepared, trained and more experienced in pvp.

It hasn't ruined the main server, there are no runaway characters with uber pickpoints, and hysteria hasn't taken over the game.

The reason for that being is because radu added the Attributes Cap, otherwise the strogest player in the game was PkingDuck, by a long long long way.

did you ever see Pkingduck before the cap?

this char has at least 20 nexus with those stones and you tell me there is no unfair advantage?

do you know what 20 coord can do? lol.

EDIT: didnt see supermans post, sorry.

Edited by Tempest

Same will happen eventually, only now instead of 20 extra coord, the person will have 20 extra will, vit, or instinct. Its inevitable. So a bit less bad, but still so stupid that its possible tho imo.

Not to add the fire or piss people off... but is it fair to make a decision when there is a GROUP of people trying to complete the challenge?

I know people work in groups to make Hydro bars on Main Server(gc mainly...) but just to make 1 PP, with say 10 people working at it, is it really fair? Shouldn't this challenge be a solo thing, since in normal occasions it WOULD be a solo thing? Or am I wrong to post this?

For the record, I am not for or against the removal of hydro nexus buying.

Let us make this different:

50 hydro bars = 1M lilacs.

1 hydro bar = 20000 lilacs.

If 20 people would take part, this would be possible in under a week, it being 50k lilacs/person.

However, we all do just talk about it. And if other people won't take part, I won't either.

I think its a good thing if it takes weeks to just get 1 extra pp. If they are willing to work that long for just 1pp then they deserve it. I see no problems with being able to buy pps. Getting a pp by lvling is faster than weeks of harvesting anyways.

Edited by PowerWarrior

It's not weeks of harvesting though is it? The reason it takes a long time now is because people don't have that high a level to get good rates on making anything. By the time people reach 100 a/d, and can't get exp from that, they will be easy enough to get. The only slight thing that may change it is the fact that there isn't ~200 people harvesting at any one time, like on the main server, so the chances of the Removal Stones coming into the game are a little lower. But still, it will happen on this server as it did on the main one, it may just take some time.

And I'm sure people don't want another PkingDuck running around on the pk server too, even with the Attributes cap, someone who is 48 in everything, after spending $/gc to buy the stuff. Will own someone who only leveld there char and didn't use those stones, say 48 in maybe 3 things. It will ruin the fun part of PKing, and make people stop playing.

Heh, long post lol. :)