Eternal Lands Official Forums
scarr

Dekke aka Macca

mainly, don't macro, don't curse at people in a really bad way,

when can we call it a really bad way?

o yeh and ignore works as advantage for the ignored person in pk

That is borderline really bad. On the other hand, you can try to solve the problems by yourself, as a community, before coming to me and ask for more moderation. I thought everyone wanted as little moderation as possible.

I agree with Ent. This should be the responsibility of the community. If we decide now that we are just going to run to him every time someone breaks the basic rule, we are just going to end up with mods and more rules. We are at a great advantage right now in that we are a small community; therefore, we should deal with it as a community. I see a couple of ways of handling it, and I would love to hear other ideas.

These are just a few ideas. This problem will come up again, so there is no harm in coming up with various ways of dealing with it.

1. Allow the guild to deal with it and make amends with the offended person.

2. Create an all out "no trade/community ignore". Hard to do with someone in a guild and possible unknown alts.

3. Take a poll to determine the punishment (ie, perma-mute from public channels, community #ignore, community no-trade, temporary ban, etc...)

Unless we choose to police ourselves, we will be policed.

Note that while this particular situation is the basis of coming up with this, I'm not talking about just this situation. Personally, I would just prefer to see that SOME type of agreement is made about how we are going to deal with these very rare situations so that in the future, offenders aren't further gratified with a long, drawn out discussion. I can see this type of attention being incentive rather than a deterrent.

Feeling very Margaret Mead atm...

Edit:

4. The offended person states their case with evidence and a poll to determine 1. if the situation is severe enough to warrant a community response 2. proposed ways of handling it.

Edited by sygon

Well said, sygon!

Besides the more civilized ideas you posted, its a pk server for a reason. You still have the option to get a club with a nail in it and beat the $h17 out of him.

If such an "outlaw" is too strong, there is still the option to go hunt him with some friends on a multi-combat map.

Or use summoning stones or summon yourself to get this person.

Further you can just #ignore and ignore that person, like you and your guild doesnt trade with him and/or his guild.

You can even go and attack this person while harvesting.

Hey, looks like there are reasons to go pking. On a pk server! :medieval:

Piper

heh heh... I think many pplz have enough reason to go out of their way to PK dekke a couple of times as it is, no need to formalize this :P I like the ideas for the vigilante though. If the PK server is a wild west town with outlaws and all, we can dress up someone we don't like in tar and feathers and put a few wanted dead or alive posters all over the place. So who's the sheriff?

Edited by sithicus

I like the tar&feather idea, is that cooking skill or a/d related?

Once someone mentioned a "bounty bot", where you can deposit a bounty to get killed someone. If there would be a possibility to know if someone got killed by someone, i would volunteer to write that bot \ö/

Piper

I dont think you can compare calling some one a nigger to an ordinary out law event. On a public channel especialy. Very Hurtfull language...It may be a nice thing that there are no moderators on pk server, but dam Dekke, you should know better then to use language like that. Wouldnt be very nice for people to call you names that are socially so deaming and hurtfull. I know you are not a hatefull person, and you get a little excited from time to time. We all say something wrong from time to time, I have put my foot in my mouth may times. I would just suggest you apoligize to those involved, and maybe everyone can put all this in the past.

This is just stupid. Its a PK server.

Stop complaining about the racisim because if someone says "nigger" you can filter the word to say something else.

Also you can #ignore that person also.

I really hate being involved in a racist/not racist argument but I will say this. . .

It is never OK in society to call anyone (not just black) a "nigger", unless of course you yourself are black. Then you can feel free to use the ''phrase" that degraded you for centuries. (Makes sense huh?)

One of the great features of the PK server is that you can, to a extent, harass people in-game. Once you make it a point to show everyone that you are a racist, that should be punishment enough from the wrath the community will lay upon you in the PK areas.

But putting this forum post here will do nothing but the following. . .

1. Keep race wars alive.

2. Start more arguments than if you kept it to the community that you play with.

3. Possibly get someone in trouble who didn't realize that there was a possibility of getting banned in the PK server for saying things.

Next time I would say try to PM/Gossip the person that you were offended by the statments and talk it over with your peers.

If all else fails you can #ignore that person from now on.

It is never OK in society to call anyone (not just black) a "nigger", unless of course you yourself are black.
lol @ this

Btw, we are having a lot of fun being unsupervised on pk server, so everyone please don't take flames too far (as he did in chatlog), and don't complain. Otherwise we might loose these privileges, which we don't want.

Scarr's made his point that he thinks this was taken too far.

Hopefully Dekke has learned that he went over the line.

Let the thread die now ppl :P:D

just to clear a few things up.

Dekke was sold before pk server even started. i dont play el almost at all anymore.

So all relations towards me, are therfor not ME.

have a nice day :P

Tho i happen to own Tera. ive seen the actions he/she has caused. My grand name going down drain :/

Edited by Zerobaum

I like the tar&feather idea, is that cooking skill or a/d related?

Once someone mentioned a "bounty bot", where you can deposit a bounty to get killed someone. If there would be a possibility to know if someone got killed by someone, i would volunteer to write that bot \ö/

Piper

BDSM ? ;)

so wait.. dekke isnt the real dekke? ( who ever the real dekke was)

I see multiple people say something like this:

"This is PK server so shut up"

So in a pk server it is perfectly normal to be racist etc. but you have to SHUT UP if you only say something about it? That is really wrong and you guys know it.. Get real...

When I see people talk trash on channel #1 I just leave the channel, which sucks because theres some good conversations now and then. Some people take that away, which just cant be fair.

"This so-called racism is merely an excuse to get people banned." -> no1 said anything about banning (up until that post)

"It is silly. You shouldn't complain there are no moderators in PK server or you feel abused there." -> if there is something you don't like and there are at least a handful others supporting you, why NOT complain so that something could be done about it? ...

And someone said something about racism like behavior in video clips? .. thats television? yes? pll kill each other on television too..

I don't think that a community can solve these kind of problems completely. This one-time incident isnt much of a problem to me now but it could become one sooner or later.

There are enough retarded people out there so take care!

ProHHH

Ok guys

Now we have all had a moan

and i shure the guilty partys are really sorry

Now lets drop it and get back to having fun

Hopefuly lessons have been learned

and we dont need all this shit ruining the PK server

If we cant play nice Daddy Radu will have to get a nanny to care for us and we dont want that lol

See ya out there if you can catch me

lol every 1 jumps down my throat every 10 mins and i got removed from co list because I got angry, lmao so seems like repetative actions happening and same people whining over it

Why is it no suprise that another *CO* member is saying racist remarks. Sl7yz0r already did it on the test pk server using Grendel as he thought it would be funny to do so.

You claim that Racism does not cross the line?. What does cross the line then?.

Edited by PowerWarrior