Eternal Lands Official Forums
scarr

Dekke aka Macca

Dekke using bad language to me on channel 1 (pk server)

please do something about this racist

Btw. this is going on for days now.. getting abit bored of him.

dekkexj7.png

dekke2ak1.png

Edited by scarr

I have to say that personally I found this to be excessive, extreme and offensive.. I was there and witnessed the whole thing.

I do agree that things got a little out of hand today.

But i urge that if moderation is in the end brought to the PK server, that it not be to the degree that their is on the main server.

Half the PK server's charm is that we can flame and swear a bit if we like.

this is a typical day on the PK server. There was a flamewar between scarr and dekke going on and I enjoyed every second of it by the way, but it wasn't like these screenshots are the whole of it. Two people flame each other. Thats all there is to it, I would like the PK server to be mod-free and downright dirty at times b/c thats fun and there's the main server for the faint of heart or the politically correct 'people' for whom I hold little love as it is.

This so-called racism is merely an excuse to get people banned.

i didnt flame him

no, you are an example to all where it comes to maturity and use of proper language.

But, I think thats all cool. This is the PK server after all, not kindergarten, if they don't like the language they are free to not play on it. However, it is hypocrite to report someone for this if you take part in the flaming like you do.

Flaming is one thing, and I enjoy the flamewars as much as anyone.

What happened today is pure and simple racism.

Moderated or not, in this country that is a crime. Is it a crime where dekke/macca comes from?

From my personal experience i can say pk server is like a jail where all the people that like to use bad language go, but in this case no1 forces you to go to this 'jail'

Anyhows, some rules should be respected here aswell, if not the comunity will be destroyed, leaving behind only the flamers

Have fun on pk server, and hope u come back soon fryslan :rolleyes:

It is silly. You shouldn't complain there are no moderators in PK server or you feel abused there. One of the most important reasons to join the server (following Piper's, Masterpiter's and sithicus's posts) is lack of moderation. Moreover, some people (sithicus) claim that a possibility of swearing is something that makes playing even more enjoyable.

So... enjoy and stop complaining.

This may be the Pk server, but there is a limit. For me personally I draw the limit when using racist terms such as the N***** word. I believe that this word is offensive to most people simply for what it represents. There is a big difference to tell each other to bog off, etc.. ok fine.. locker room talk for the boys.. but no need to resort to racist terms. I hate that word more than most words that I know. Keep the racism out of the channels and the Pk server. I only hope that you guys really aren't racist for real.

PS I seriously doubt that Radu said racism was acceptable.. he did say don't go to the extreme.. and this was extreme. Pk server or not, some of us do not want to see racist words used to flame.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39570

He said don't curse at people in a really bad way.

Edited by Enyo

just so every1 knows this isnt me ... i sold that char a while back.

i only play main server now :rolleyes:

Edited by macca

Just filter the word to say "candy" or some normally used word.. like n00b? Then you wouldn't really know what their saying. Least that's how you could solve it for now for those who don't wanna see the N word.

I am against it too, but for now there is nothing we can do but ignore it. I didn't see this convo at all, but I know how some people are to certain people, the chat can get messe dup sometimes.

OMG the PK server has turned into Xbox live :icon13: ...

The first part is racist , for while Scarr may not be coloured others listening might be ..

The sencond part is just normal " ya mom/dad/sister *%$*& " childish flaming.. nothing wrong with a bit of banter and flame ...but hey be original

I was not there, but it does sound as if this goes beyond the normal cussing/flaming banter that we could all care less about. Before the char wipe, there were a couple very racist statements made by someone I won't mention becauase it was a while ago and I haven't heard it repeated by this person since, but it certainly got me thinking about the issue.

We don't have mods, and most of us agree that this good, but when it comes to racist or sexist language that is directed at one person, to the point that that person feels the need to take it to a higher authority that doesn't exist, it is up to us to determine the appropriate recourse if we choose to continue to exist without mods. Certainly we're still a small enough group that this shouldn't be a problem.

As adults (and I realize I'm using this term loosely), what do we feel would be an appropriate action to take without relying on a moderator to dole a punishment? Is any action required? Does the community recognize this as a true crime, or a minor infraction? How should situations like this be dealt with now and in the future?

I'm going to go bury my head in a sociology book now...

If anyone thinks they the level of the language has been abused/exceeded in the PK server, you MUST contact Entropy about that. He handles all abuse cases on the PK server, and often doesn't check this section of the forums.

I PM'd him the chatlog as soon as it happened.

Moderated or not, in this country that is a crime.

Umm, no, it isn't.

Anyway, the best way to solve the problem is to have everyone in the game ignore them. Then they will not be able to do jack shit in the game (trade, ask questions, etc.)