Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Demagogue

Questions About Magic

Hi I have a couple of questions about Magic, which is actually my favorite skill of all.

I was wondering if new damage spells are coming out? Although the spells in this game are unique, I think there are actually more spells to come out soon. But does anybody know if more damage spells are included in that?

And also, I was hoping to know whether Magic is included in your combat level. When you type /gossip about me .. she tells you your stats and your combat level. With Magic inevitably being able to damage your opponent and I think that magic can be able to be used for fighting in the future - is it calculated in the Combat Level? And if not, what is?

Thanks

And also, I was hoping to know whether Magic is included in your combat level. When you type /gossip about me .. she tells you your stats and your combat level. With Magic inevitably being able to damage your opponent and I think that magic can be able to be used for fighting in the future - is it calculated in the Combat Level? And if not, what is?

Thanks

You can read about Combat level here :

http://www.el-cel.com/info/combat.php

As I see it, magic inst going to change pretty much in the future. I would really love to have more spells but the mage class has been neglected totally. As I said, it isnt going to change pretty soon, unless we -the gamers- will do something to attract the developers attention.

Magic should have more spells, like healing/damaging all the people in you're view range, or damaging or a increased harm spell. Besides the restoration/mana drain/magic imunity/TTPR it isnt pretty used. If the spells would be more powerfull(not talking about restoration) and new spells would be introduced more players would be tempted to train magic.

Well, with the recent changes to incorporate rationality into the effectiveness of spells, I'd say you can have pretty strong harms, heals and everything else if you spend the pickpoints accordingly :rolleyes:

Magic should have more spells, like healing/damaging all the people in you're view range, or damaging or a increased harm spell. Besides the restoration/mana drain/magic imunity/TTPR it isnt pretty used. If the spells would be more powerfull(not talking about restoration) and new spells would be introduced more players would be tempted to train magic.

I think What u mean is, they are the most frequently Used PKing Spells, Or Even For killing Tiger/Bears MDing them for exp and kill them for there furs..

~bigk

**Edit** ohh and btw, Ermabwed Is Very Right, Ive Heard of Ppl Doing Harms of 120dmg :rolleyes:

Edited by bigkav

I think What u mean is, they are the most frequently Used PKing Spells, Or Even For killing Tiger/Bears MDing them for exp and kill them for there furs..

~bigk

**Edit** ohh and btw, Ermabwed Is Very Right, Ive Heard of Ppl Doing Harms of 120dmg :rolleyes:

senia ftw :D

120 harm? :D That should be illegal!

Is that before or after attribute caps?

After, I've seen it and even felt it (I was a training dummy for magic testing :))

EDIT: but magic immunity solves this megaharm :rolleyes:

Edited by Khalai

Yeah but even if Harm is very strong.. there should be more versatility in the magic spells. Magic shouldn't be neglected considering it can be a skill that could be very in-depth and interesting. Just to merely fight can become over-redundant.

As I see it, magic inst going to change pretty much in the future. I would really love to have more spells but the mage class has been neglected totally. As I said, it isnt going to change pretty soon, unless we -the gamers- will do something to attract the developers attention.

It should change :/ Magic is totaly boring to lvl up and cost alot with little gain.

We all do hope, that with the arrival of missile system, new offensive spells like so much desired fireballs, ice bolts or whatever spells are only a matter of time.

EDIT: I just reached 40 magic today, yeehaw :P

Edited by Khalai

i dont know how powerful harm is because i have not used it, i dont need to, but it would be nice if a magic level could do as much damage as a corresponding attack level, i.e you would be just as good at fighting with 0/50 a/d and 50mag as 50/50 a/d. since magic is much harder to train than attack anyway i see this is a fair reward for people who put the effort in to lvl it up.

i dont know how powerful harm is because i have not used it, i dont need to, but it would be nice if a magic level could do as much damage as a corresponding attack level, i.e you would be just as good at fighting with 0/50 a/d and 50mag as 50/50 a/d. since magic is much harder to train than attack anyway i see this is a fair reward for people who put the effort in to lvl it up.

If you want to be good mage, level a/d and train yeti until you can max rationality.

If you want to be good mage, level a/d and train yeti until you can max rationality.

Reasonability? I mean, how long does it take to get to yeti? It's not something you can do even after half-year of playing (unless you play like 25h/day :icon13:)

i imagine yeti is possible in 6months, ino someone who got to 90s a/d in 3months and thats not too far off yeti.

Hmm im thinking Jumpy xD

90s is crazy far from yetis lol, maybe like a 6 months of hardcore training if u know game excellent or listen to advices of such person :icon13:

But yeah, train ur a/d first and worry about ur magic lvl later, u dont really need high lvl magic even when u r on fluff, i did fluff easly with magic in 30's and junk armors(human3 or less), no col( but decent p/c :D ) .

90s is crazy far from yetis lol, maybe like a 6 months of hardcore training if u know game excellent or listen to advices of such person :icon13:

But yeah, train ur a/d first and worry about ur magic lvl later, u dont really need high lvl magic even when u r on fluff, i did fluff easly with magic in 30's and junk armors(human3 or less), no col( but decent p/c :D ) .

So I am the quite contrary to you. I am on ogres (a/d 40/48) and my magic is 40 already :) But yes, I've worked hard on it, I did like 2k of manadrains in last week :)

I just try to find a spawn that also has spiders. This works well if you are training on ogres, armed gobs or armed orcs. Also gargs and skellies, although I doubt such people will have required level for MD. Don't forget that bears are also an option. I used to train on bears and only take AEs and LEs. Mana drain at beginning of fight, and then life drain just when bear is almost dead. My magic rose so fast that I was shocked myself. Also profit on meat, fur and bones. In fact, I think bears are among the best return of EXP+PROFIT per gc or time - depending on your level, of course!