Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
conavar

Contests to win special days

ATM we are having a few Contests to win 3 hours etc of a special day ( and they are great) .These contests normaly take the form of having to search and find/kill a few hidden monsters scattered around EL, while I personally think these are good, I can see how many non-fighters *might* not enjoy them ( some enjoy being scouts and thats great).

So maybe making more themed contests would help and let ppl who dont like to fight join in..

IE:

To win 3 hours of triple harv day: xxxxxx amount of a certain harvestable item has to be provided to Ent within the time limit

3 hours of increased make rare: xxxxxx amount of a certain essence/leather helms etc has to be provided to Ent

Just example so if anyone else has other/better ideas to make them more diverse for everyone plz post.

Countdown Clock:

Its not important and not 100% needed but would be nice if that during these timed contest a countdown clock appeared in the corner of the screen, wether this is feasible or not I dont know , but like I said it would be nice but its not needed

Edited by conavar

It would be great if it could be at different times of the day, lately have I often seen - we will have an invasion in 2 hours - short time before I log off and when I'm afk because I'm getting ready to sleep.

I use to be online 14-16 hours/day.

So I don't stay up for them.

And the special days won this way should be at same time as the contests take place.

That's not a bad idea. However, killing monsters seems much cheaper than collecting various rare items or high level harvestables. It would all depend on amounts needed to accomplish such contest.

yeah i wouldnt either if i played that long!

LOL

what if after those 16 hours, a tzu sun day comes! thats messed up ;/

LOL

Or what if he had to empty the bucket of latrine next to his comp? He'd actually have to move from keyboard :icon13:

LOL

It did some days ago just when I was leaving, and sometimes there have been when I come back from shopping or whatever I been doing.

To be online don't mean PLAY the game.

Lots of people log on when they get up and stay online untill they go to bed.

And it's mainly to get the server messages about what happen.

If we had these contests to get special days, would it be nice if it was posted, so people who are not online would know it.

Some people told me there have an invasion last night after I logged off, they had to log off too, so we don'y know if all monsters got killed or what the day would give if all got killed.

If we had known earlyer , we might have been on.

It has been this way lately, we hear something has happened when we were sleeping.

Even if only few are on at the time, I'm on - usually 180 - 220 players - is it the same players,who don't take part and people might leave because of it.

We should try to get more on at that time, not less.

So if we could have some auto-contest at different times, would it be great.

Edited by Zamirah

I see only one problem here. It is quite easy to gather the demanded stuff as people tend to keep a bit of everything in their storages. Not much of contest here - more like logistics. Finding and killing few monsters, on the contrary, makes preparing for it impossible.

I see only one problem here. It is quite easy to gather the demanded stuff as people tend to keep a bit of everything in their storages. Not much of contest here - more like logistics. Finding and killing few monsters, on the contrary, makes preparing for it impossible.

Could be "destroy-the-economy-contest" like "if 10000000000000 wormwood is harvested today, you get green day" :icon8:

It could be some of the unused we have in storage, like black panter fur or beehive.

It would mean that it would be wort to have in storage - for the next time.

Or it could be something slow to harvest and where you need to have read the book- like cinnabar, need teamwork, some high level harvesters, some people to bring to storage.

Could mercury too.

Maybe it would be good for the economy.

Not a bad idea. I find myself not participating in invasions and such because I can't hack it :P

So I think having contests using the other skills is a good idea :happy: