Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Blacksky9

Scammer: the0ldnite

This guy tried to scam my friend's items. Watch out for him

Here is log:

[22:27:22] [PM from The0ldNite: I noticed that you have a steel chain!]

[22:27:36] [PM to The0ldNite: yeah took me a while to save up :)]

[22:27:57] [PM from The0ldNite: Well I can help you to were you never have to save up.]

[22:28:32] [PM from The0ldNite: Would you like to know how?]

[22:29:12] [PM to The0ldNite: how would that be? Is it legal?]

[22:29:18] [PM from The0ldNite: I can tell you how to make 1.2k in a matter of mins, and your able to keep repeting it!]

[22:29:29] [PM from The0ldNite: Yes it is legal]

[22:29:50] [PM to The0ldNite: alright, how do you do it :whistle:]

[22:29:51] [PM from The0ldNite: Alright, now look.]

[22:30:42] [PM from The0ldNite: I know a bot in person, that buys any random thing from his personal friends for 2k, but it has to be over 500gc he said.]

[22:31:25] [PM from The0ldNite: So if you give me your chain, I can sell to him for 2k and give u the 2k]

[22:31:50] [PM from The0ldNite: The reason he doesnt buy them from other people with his bot is...]

[22:32:32] [PM from The0ldNite: The Owners of EL told him he can't buy things for alot of money because it ruins the economy in el]

[22:32:49] [PM from The0ldNite: but he can buy from me because they dont know.]

[22:33:06] [PM from The0ldNite: So would you like me to do it?]

[22:33:33] [PM to The0ldNite: let me think about it alright :P]

[22:33:42] [PM to The0ldNite: ill get back to you]

[22:33:46] [PM from The0ldNite: for example]

[22:34:18] [PM from The0ldNite: I only want 500gc out of it each time, we can keep buying then and doing it over and over!]

[22:34:32] [PM from The0ldNite: So tell me when!]

[22:34:49] [PM to The0ldNite: sure thing ;P]

[22:35:13] [PM from The0ldNite: so when u wanna start?]

[22:35:50] [PM from The0ldNite: do you have anything else over 500gc you want me to give him?]

[22:36:08] [PM from The0ldNite: wait now hes saying over 300gc...]

[22:36:14] [PM from The0ldNite: 200...]

[22:36:15] [PM to The0ldNite: is it just you part of this selling circle]

[22:36:28] [PM from The0ldNite: what do u mean?]

[22:36:35] [PM to The0ldNite: just want to make sure this isnt a scam]

[22:36:43] [PM from The0ldNite: oh its not...]

[22:36:48] [PM from The0ldNite: look]

[22:36:54] [PM from The0ldNite: i know a bot]

[22:37:00] [PM from The0ldNite: hes on the fone with me]

[22:37:14] [PM from The0ldNite: hes buying random stuff for goooooood offers]

[22:37:22] [PM from The0ldNite: but the el owners wont let him]

[22:37:40] [PM from The0ldNite: so when one of his friends (me) trades him]

[22:37:53] [PM from The0ldNite: even tho when u wanted him it dont say the item]

[22:38:01] [PM from The0ldNite: he puts the gold and accpts]

[22:38:53] [PM from The0ldNite: lol]

Edited by Blacksky9

I can't do anything about this as I'm not a GM of LoL anymore xD you might one to contact one of the current leaders. Outlaws are not welcome in the guild. That was some funny stuff though lol xD

edit: But from what I see, he's only trying to scam your items, not your friend's char :)

Edited by swordofflame

I can't do anything about this as I'm not a GM of LoL anymore xD you might one to contact one of the current leaders. Outlaws are not welcome in the guild. That was some funny stuff though lol xD

edit: But from what I see, he's only trying to scam your items, not your friend's char :)

Fixed it :whistle:

Hello, this is the owner of The0ldNite the reported "Scammer." Now, I was afk walking my dog, I know this sounds cheezy but it's true, and while I was doing that apparently my brother got home from soccer practice. And he wasnt supposed to be home that early, but where the soccer field was located it was raining. He got home and must have went on my account "Still logged on" and looked for someone to scam. He used to play this game about a year ago and got Permanitly Banned from ALL of Eternal Lands. When I got home, there was a Mod talking to him ingame and I booted him off and started talking to the Mod. For one, the person who has made this post made one faulty mistake, saying that "I" tried to scam his account. Accually what it turned out to be was my brother was accually trying to scam his Steel Chainmail... All I can say is that I apoligize for my brothers wrongdoings, and if you would please forgive the charges that may be placed on this account. Thanks, have a great day!

I dunno. You have no way of proving that it was your brother, I have no way of checking. I'll leave this to the mods. If you had a brother that got banned from "ALL" of EL, should you have been like IP banned or something?

It was something to have a quick laugh about though ^.^

Edited by swordofflame

Yes, HE did, but I got a new computer.

Anyways, this is the wrong fourm for reporting, that goes in abuse! This is a fourm for letting people know who is REPEDLY breaking the rules and not getting charged for them! In other words he is not reporting me. So I shouldn't get any charges!

And again, apparently the person who posted this, there user does not belong to the person who almost got scammed by my brother. Therefore he is not taking care of his own problems!

And we don't even have word of teehee the victom that this should be taking place.

Can someone at least post about what they think? Or who they are in favor of?
Edited by Sheesh

Since you are reponsible for your character it really doesn't matter who was using it at the time. You're responsible for all actions by your character.

BTW, how does getting a new computer get you a new IP address? Your IP isn't unique to your computer, it's unique to your internet provider.

Well I don't understand it... I still have the other computer. But when I try to go on EL on the old one, it wont let me so... I quess I got a new Internet Provider.

Anyways, for one, this is the wrong fourm for this, for two the acual victom hasnt said a word on behafe of his side.

He shouldn't have even taken it to the fourms, there is something called #abuse (Explain what happened) ingame.
Edited by Sheesh

Actually, this is exactly what this forum is for. To alert other players of violations of community rules. Personally I don't care if the person making the post was the person scammed or someone speaking on his behalf as long as I am made aware of a potential outlaw in EL that I wasn't aware of before. It it was your brother and this never happens again then people might be inclinded to believe you. If it does then you'll have no credibility left in the game.

I now know that when I am away from the computer I cant go #afk anymore, I will shut off EL, this or anything else will never happen again. He doesn't even care, which tells me he isnt afraid of doing it again.

Well, you've double posted, then quintuple posted, then triple posted.

IF you post something, and then want to add something afterwards, and no one has posted since you last did, just edit your post.

What is so funny? nothing to me, as I have to fix this mess. No spamming allowed in game or on forums. Stop replying to your own message--it eats up bandwidth and space that other important issues may need. This is not a play toy nor a way to get a post count. All it does is highly upset the moderator of this outlaw forum--namely ME!!!

So I will fix this time, but if you do this stuff again, I will delete ALL your posts and you will not have a say in the matter.

Theoldnite did try to scam (with the above chat log). I also find it hard to believe that your son would try to scam someone on your account for no gain for himself, seems suspicious.

For one, it wasnt my son, it was my brother, if you would have read it all the way though you would have figured that one out. And for 2, like I said, he got perm banned about one year ago for doing things like this. He told me this morning he was sorry and the only reason he did it was because he gets a kick out of scamming newbs.

Okay so it was your brother, you're still responsible for your own account. We don't know if this story is true, all we do know is that your character tried to scam me.

Sorry for posting late...

This will be dealt with accordingly. :D