Eternal Lands Official Forums
masterpiter

We need more players here

I don't play there, but I guess what scares most people off is the fee you need to pay to play there.

How about starting a two week trial period where everyone can create an account there for free, and after those two weeks the account must either be payed for or gets banned? So people could go and take a look, some of them would probably stick ...

Cheers,

maj

Maybe by changing PK's behaviour on the main server?

Obviously anyone entering PK map on the main server agrees to die any time, however there are situations when it is not necessarily the best idea to kill anyone on sight

As an example, take NDD - what's the point to stand at the PK map entrance to kill every noob who enters the map either to train a/d with a friend or to mine/mix?

What's the achievement of killing someone with a/d of 100 less than killer's one?

Is that a honorable deed to kill someone who definitely doesn't look like he wants a fight, especially when during NDD you won't benefit from that in absolutely any way?

In general, some people were probably thinking about playing on the PK server but they were discouraged with their experience on the main one

Just my 2 cents ...

I think the problem is that very few are interested in getting attacked here, they want to be the attacker.

I think the #make PKable command on main had been better.

People could attack and know that they would be PKable for short time.

On the PK-server will we not be able to work with other skills without being attacked.

So better stay on main as it is atm.

Edited by Zamirah

On the PK-server will we not be able to work with other skills without being attacked.

My fighter got 50+deaths on counter there(even tho he has decent strenght), while my mixer/harvester died like 5 times never losing anything expensive.

I quit playing it because it is just 3 guilds pitted against each other. The ones with sheer numbers dominates the server therefore they have all the pk fun. The rest of us can train all we want, but unless we can find a good spawn that you haven't taken yet we'll never be able to train well. There is just no fun in running around breaking your neck to try and have some fun...

p.s. i'm not saying i want a 100/100 instant fighter, honestly i could care less. But the people who would come now would get NO WHERE because the 1's who started off are already strong and they like to talk so much shit and i don't want to be near or around them.

Edited by Stricken

the people who would come now would get NO WHERE because the 1's who started off are already strong and they like to talk so much shit and i don't want to be near or around them.

Albazz aka hawkeye started 2 weeks after beginning, and he got decent strenght, enough to kill ogre trainers even.

My fighter got 50+deaths on counter there(even tho he has decent strenght), while my mixer/harvester died like 5 times never losing anything expensive.

Maybe because only 20 players online or less most of the time - at least when I check.

I guess most on Pkserver are PKers who go to spawns, not checking mines. ;)

Any1 has any decent ideas how to increase pk server player base?

How about starting a two week trial period where everyone can create an account there for free, and after those two weeks the account must either be payed for or gets banned? So people could go and take a look, some of them would probably stick ...

Cheers,

maj

That might help.. IMO everyone has there own impressions of what the PK server is like ,which might put them off:

Some might think they wont be able to do anything productive because they will be dying all the time.

Some might think the server is just players running around all day calling each other n00b and flaming

So giving players a free trial period will give them chance to have a taste and put there fears/doudts to rest ( or reinforce them).

Also I had a quick look ( and maybe im wrong and missed it) but is there any information that the PK server exists on the Main EL web page ?

If not maybe some could be added.. a few screen shots, a general overview of how the pk server works... but also tell new players that it might be better to get a general feel for the game on the Main server before entering the pk server .. At least then the information that the pk server exist is out there for all to see.

Edited by conavar

Some might think they wont be able to do anything productive because they will be dying all the time.

So giving players a free trial period will give them chance to have a taste and put there fears/doudts to rest ( or reinforce them).

Very true & very good idea

Also I had a quick look ( and maybe im wrong and missed it) but is there any information that the PK server exists on the Main EL web page ?

If not maybe some could be added.. a few screen shots, a general overview of how the pk server works... but also tell new players that it might be better to get a general feel for the game on the Main server before entering the pk server .. At least then the information that the pk server exist is out there for all to see.

This is the best idea so far.

PK server is a lot of fun and rock and roll! Thats a good reason, not that I really want Temp on the server ;)

Anyways, free trial, is a good idea imo.

There is people in all range ads still. Not all people are mad trainers :devlish: I think the biggest problem is people love their main stats too much, and have being used to be a strong fighter, now theyll be cannon food for a bit.

Ohh booohoo my miner got killed, go back and try again, or harv somewhere else. Some people dont attack miners, some do. Figure out who :)

So suck it up and come join in on the fun :ph34r:

Albazz aka Hawkeye

Was on the PK server for 2 weeks, had an alt and got good skills developed because it's an alchers paradise, but got tired of dying too often. If they had a #make PKable command or a cape or perk something like Monster Magnetism that protected one from being PKable, then maybe I'd go back.

Was on the PK server for 2 weeks, had an alt and got good skills developed because it's an alchers paradise, but got tired of dying too often. If they had a #make PKable command or a cape or perk something like Monster Magnetism that protected one from being PKable, then maybe I'd go back.

Its better for you stay on main server because Its PK server and you can be pked in pk areas.

My Opinion;

I am VERY low 20s in A/D on Pk server, I hardly fight. Not because I can't or am afraid to lose training gear, just cause everyone who knows me (main and pk) know that I like mixing/harvest and what not.

My counters say I have been killed under 10 times, and since my counter didn't save the one kill I DID kill (I was attacked first, heehee), I don't have no wins :D

What I am saying here, is it's mostly fighters that have died. Now I like pk server, it's more exciting, cause you never know when someone IS going to come to the mine or storage, or whatever you're at, to come kill you.

Also, I have never experienced someone actually waiting at the docks just to kill someone, normally the docks are empty. I was killed once because I was staking out for someone who was harassing a few friends of mine just so I can let someone who could kill the person know where he was at.

I have learned more strategy on PK server than main, you can grind, train, PL, ect, just sometimes you could have a troublemaker **COUGH COUGH* "hotzenplotz" **COUGH COUGH* ruin it for you for just a few minutes. Wait a bit, come back to the place empty and see if that killer is still there, normally they move on, thinking that they cleared the area out, scaring all the weak players.

I also agree a TRIAL period would promote more players. It does get kinda boring at 10pm my time to only have 20 people on knowing that half of them are probably alts :P

What I am saying here, is it's mostly fighters that have died. Now I like pk server, it's more exciting, cause you never know when someone IS going to come to the mine or storage, or whatever you're at, to come kill you.

I think a lot of people play games to relax.

For some people do a lot happen in RL, so they don't need more excitement in games.

But I would like to try some weeks, maybe I could play an hour or 2 every day.

Is hotzenplotz Markusweck ?

For some people do a lot happen in RL, so they don't need more excitement in games.

That would be great news :whistle:.

I'd say PK server is better for allround players than main. Heres how. First of all, you have no big cooldowns on items, you manu on fruits NP. Secondly, you can have alts to mine for you that may or may not have monster magnetism, and may or may not have nexii. Your main can have human 6 and all negatives you want and your alt can make every item in game if you so wish.

You are not attackable in many storages and harvesters get home with their stuff way more often than they die.

stop the pk server bashing pls zamirah.. we know you do not like it.. go away

I haven't had a lot of time to play the last couple weeks, so both of my characters are pretty behind, but then I logged on two days ago, got attacked, and won! I died quickly thereafter, but it proved the point that everyone's levels are all over the place and new players shouldn't be discouraged.

I think there are still a lot of persistent misconceptions about the PK server, so the two week trial period sounds like the best idea to me. I also agree that a description on the main website might help to bring in new "blood" :whistle:

Er do people who don't check/read the forums know about the pk server? I never see it advertised in the game. Perhaps it's just a case were people don't know about it. :whistle:

I could be wrong though...

People dont need a trial on pk server. They dont want to spend 5 dollars fee for 1 account because they want to save money for yourself. 5 dollars is 1 hour work in job for me. Nobody is so poor. I know some ppl which spend 25k gc on main to buy account on pk server and they want to sell me a account to me. They dont play on pk server because they didnt spend a real money for it.

But problem of pk server is simple. Its safe zones. Test pk server was good because whole server was pk without any safe areas. you can harvest on lilacs in votd. You can harvest something else on other safe area. And you can be afk. But nothing can kill you except rare invasion or special day outside. It was funny to see if I run to Sedicolis city for 1 harvester and I attacked him and I saw Not here! (can't attack players in non combat maps).

Its not pk server Its main server with more pk maps(areas). Nothing more.

Another thing is that ppl dont like to die. Nobody like it. But you can die on main server and on pk server too. If you die and you have a rostogol....you save your items. If you are a harvester you die less because you have only some resources +pickaxe +gloves. Nothing important and expensive. Fighters and warriors die more often because ppl hope that enemy will drop something valuable. But Its not possible because rostogol price is very low.

Maybe it's because the main server revolves around pking/fighting a lot already.. and most people don't want to join a server where it is even more prevelent.

As hard as you try, I don't think you'll get as many people as you'd like there.

Who knows, maybe the new c't players will help :)

Edited by Acelon