Eternal Lands Official Forums
masterpiter

We need more players here

I agree too. In general, if you want someone to do something, you should make it as easy for them to do it as possible. Choosing your server at log-in would be a good thing, but i guess the "button" would have to be activated manually by radu upon receipt of the $5 fee, and that could be a problem.
Not a problem, anyone can connect to PK server, but it costs $5 to make the account.

I play on a Mac, and it's a pain in the ass. I've tried explaining to other Mac users how to get on, and it takes forever to explain. To log on to my two characters, I have to have 5 windows open.
wtf? only takes two commands to open EL on pk server manually, or 1 click if you make a shortcut.

I think we should concentrate on getting new players to consider the PK server. There should be an advertisement on the website (and of course, the button in the client) which mentions it as a Pay-to-Play server, with less restrictions, and more Player-Player fighting. Imo, pople are more likely to start there than level high on main server and then start all over again on PK server.

For those of you who have just bantered back and forth there is a second server for a reason some people don't like pk and some do.

I am a mixer on main and a fighter/pker on the pk server. It is great to be able to hold my own.

Now for my thoughts.

Pro's about PK server

1. You can multi. This makes activities nice.

2. You can if you know the game lvl really fast. I am in the top in fight. Because I could.

3. Most people don't whine and complain when they do get pk'd they know it is the pk server.

4. I used to think all the pkers were aholes on a power trip now that I am one of them. they are actually really cool people. just misunderstood.

5. there are some safe spots and some very good spots to hide and do things.

6. if you know you are going to be pk'd have #beam me ready you see them you hit enter. very simple

7. if you have a harver alt. you don't have anything good on him. just smart sense.

Cons

1. You can Multi. We have a very screwed up economy. HOwever it is only a month old

2. you can lvl really fast. So not really good for the casual gamer.

3. There are safe spots on the pk server.

4. not as much multi guild relations except with the smaller begger guilds.

OK enough with that.

Yes there are 3 big pk guilds out there on the pk server. *co*, Mash, and Hero. there arre some smaller ones and you know they can hold their own. In each of the big guilds there are 2-4 high end fighters and the rest mostly support or just people who can't play 5+ hours a day. This is not an issue.

We have a really good supplier guild In SPAM. they take care of most of the smaller guilds needs and some of the larger guild needs.

Just like in main though sorry to say this if you are independant you are mainly going to get picked on alot. IT is just that way. So join play the way you want to and don't get upset if you get pk'd you will have you turn. If you don't like pk at all play on main and stay out of the best training spots too.

Banedon on Main LoneWolfe on PK Server.

Peace out.

Since u dont know oldschool EL why u say EL wasnt directed to players who like to PK? It wasnt always like its now :)

New players who want more pking could chose pk server instead of main, and those "who have little to no interest in PK" would play on main server anyways, no?

Its good to have a choice :D

mp

It's been the way it is now for more than a year, because I've been playing more than a year, and I came because of mentions in listing sites and player forums that were up to a year old when I looked at them more than a year ago. Therefore, it's been this way for "years" -- at least two years. And if you compare EL's description on its own main site to other games' descriptions of themselves, you will see that EL does not emphasize PK the way some other games do, but does emphasize all-round style play.

Also you and I are saying the same thing about the two servers -- one could satisfy PK-loving players and the other could satisfy non-PK-loving players. Yay choice.

EDIT TO ADD REPLY TO BANEDON:

For those of you who have just bantered back and forth there is a second server for a reason some people don't like pk and some do.

<snip>

Just like in main though sorry to say this if you are independant you are mainly going to get picked on alot. IT is just that way. So join play the way you want to and don't get upset if you get pk'd you will have you turn. If you don't like pk at all play on main and stay out of the best training spots too.

Banedon on Main LoneWolfe on PK Server.

Peace out.

First off, YO, MY BROTHAH! How's it going? :)

Next, nobody here is saying the PK server shouldn't exist now that it does.

And the last paragraph I don't understand. Are you saying that if we don't want to go on PK server, we shouldn't be fighting at all, not even against mobs? The main server is not the pacifist server. Some people like PK, some people don't like PK, and some people just like to PK in a different kind of game world. Not going on the PK server doesn't mean a person doesn't like to fight.

Btw, LoneWolfe, I've been a lone wolf player my whole time in EL and have no problems and no "getting picked on" (even when I get killed while trying to PvP; it's not "getting picked on"). So I don't get what you're saying.

Edited by peino

I Have A Char on PK Serv too, but i like to play Main Server Alot more because i am too used to having a high lvled char so i hardly ever log into PK serv, and when i do i mainly lilacs votd, making mana pots, or training and most i log in is 1-5 hours a week maybe less, its easy to lvl there although its hard to find a spawn for 20 mins w/e getting PKed for your items, but it PK server thats the risk i take. although i love to afk harv on main server and lvl my high lvls etc there w/e the risk of geting PKed.

~bigk