Eternal Lands Official Forums
masterpiter

We need more players here

I am ready to make the switch to the pk server, if I can find a gc buyer (*cough* message me *cough*)

*Beams to pk once Jumpy logs*

I am ready to make the switch to the pk server, if I can find a gc buyer (*cough* message me *cough*)

Im in same situation, as soon as i find a buyer, ill get a acc. :whistle:

spirited/mavig

spirited only does little amounts atm so i included her name since i think 5$ aint that much u know :lurker:

so everyone who wants a pk server char... pm them and give them 20kgc for their 5$ ;D

Edited by Tempest

How is the GC buying market at this moment anyway? I have quite a lot of gc to sell and a few friends on main who might want to go PK, or donate them in the pk event by Sygon.

A lot of the people on the pk server tend to be a bit over the top. love to argue and call people n00bs. make fun of people based on pixelated characters. I don't see why people wouldn't wanna play with such great charisma :sarcasm:

A lot of the people on the pk server tend to be a bit over the top. love to argue and call people n00bs. make fun of people based on pixelated characters. I don't see why people wouldn't wanna play with such great charisma :sarcasm:

I'm sorry alot of ppl do that? Do you even play the PK server? Or are you only online during night time (GMT)?

A lot of the people on the pk server tend to be a bit over the top. ...
That's easily solved with a "#lc 1".

A lot of the people on the pk server tend to be a bit over the top. ...
That's easily solved with a "#lc 1".

And play a single player of EL? Really, what is the point of playing MMO if not communication? :o

And play a single player of EL? Really, what is the point of playing MMO if not communication? :)
No one said anything about a single-player mode. For intelligent conversation I use #gm, #ig, and /<name>.

Server is dieing, no1 to fight even at low lvl( my alt is in 20's and he had only 1 fight vs other player).

Unless 5$fee is removed and acces to pk server is made easier( simple choice at log in screen between 2 servers) the few ppl that still play will leave too.

More than half ppl who began pk server quit already, mostly coz of small player base- no1 to interact( so no1 to fight/trade/talk).

Dont wanna sound like a drama queen but really something has to be done here.

mp

Server is dieing, no1 to fight even at low lvl( my alt is in 20's and he had only 1 fight vs other player).

Unless 5$fee is removed and acces to pk server is made easier( simple choice at log in screen between 2 servers) the few ppl that still play will leave too.

More than half ppl who began pk server quit already, mostly coz of small player base- no1 to interact( so no1 to fight/trade/talk).

Dont wanna sound like a drama queen but really something has to be done here.

mp

dont cry hunny i just bought a char only for u :)

I agree with Masterpiter

The few that are here really want it to work but its only so long before we stop playing

check out the posts even some of us willing to donate £5 for a contest to get people onto here

But i also feel unless the $5 is removed then its not going to work

Is there anyway of working it so the first char on an ip is Free and we pay for alts

dont know if that is posible or not just trying to come up with ideas

the logon that Mp sugested is a cool idea have a choice to click PK or Main

It just seems the $5 thing is all that is stopping this working at the moment

Handyman :)

Edited by deano

mp

Yes, 3rd reason for me is, I can only run 1 char at the time (can log on 2 but not move them at same time), so would be much harder without help from alts.

Handyman :)

I dont play on the pk server but I would like it to work for those who do . I dont think though the $5 fee is a problem for "older" players and I can only give my own personal reasons why, others are sure to be differant.

Even without the fee I very much doudt I would join the pk server, granted I like to pk but I also like to just sit,chat,spam gm's or harv without having to find a safe area in which to do so , and now with the caps in place on the main, pking here is slowly picking up and getting better and gives me a more varied choice of when to or when not to pk. Ive also not reached a point with my main char that im happy with and would hate to have to level a new char from scratch, and Im sure other "older " EL players are the same which is why they havent made the switch.

New players to EL in general need to be targetted and this is where the $5 fee is a problem and the low user base doesnt help this.. people pay $5 to join the server and unless 60,70,80 people all log on at once then its going to be pretty empty, so Mr X who has just payed his $5 is wandering around an empty world thinking " what a waste I will go back/join the main server", so thats one less player for the nxt person to log in to find ( and he proberbly tells his friends just to join the main because the pk is empty)... its a vicious circle ... IMO the $5 fee should have been wavered until the user base was large enough

I hope it does get sorted and the pk server takes off, for while I might not be interested I know some people are .. so good luck

Back in the day we started with very little players too, whats all the fuzz about. I never expected more players for the pk server :)

Give it time and in a year there may be like ~60+ (DIFFERENT) player online at a time, so 120++ characters logged on. Any relative new player on the 'main' server that would like to pk, will find out everyone is way too strong on main, or they find that there is a lack of pk activity. Perhaps those players will make the switch to Pk server because of the 100 a/d cap and the relative newness of the server.

^ 'I just hear rumors about lack of pk activity, didn't play on main server for a long time, but on vids i always see the same people pking.'

Check,,

Happy Harvesting :)

ProH

Ok all, I made the plunge Jumpy is now on the pk server. My 10 a.d is not yet to be a menace...But I am looking forward to settling in, and having some fun.

Give it time and in a year there may be like ~60+ (DIFFERENT) player online at a time, so 120++ characters logged on.

I say give it a month and we will reach 5-30 players online, number is decreasing, players r quitting, there is no way some1 will play a year on a dead server to w8 for some new players that will never come.

Just check how its in our guild Hero- 33 members and 5 ppl playing, yes i know many members r alts but still many have quit, 2 of them were buying rostos for $$$ but they quit- empty server- no point in playing on it and also no point in spending some real money, no?

On main i got around 1,5k $ worth storage and belive me i would "transfer" some of it for my p2p race, 100-200 rostos, maybe more if needed.

Atm no reason for it-too few ppl play on this server and no new players will come( not ppl from main but new players).

mp

Handyman ;)

... IMO the $5 fee should have been wavered until the user base was large enough

I agree 100% with Handyman and Conavar on this point. However, I also think that the expected 'influx' of players was a little optimistic. I suppose it goes to show that many (most?) players want to PK only so often, not as a full-time job. :( I am also convinced that the PK server would still not be as popular as the fighters would have us believe, even if there was no 'enrolment fee' :whistle:

I also think that the $5 fee is a bit of a problem. I would have been on like instantly if it were not for that :(

As for now, i'm just waiting for Albazz to logg on then i pay him for his $5 and poof im on. :whistle:

I'm sorry alot of ppl do that? Do you even play the PK server? Or are you only online during night time (GMT)?

I"m on every once in a while. Name isen't the same :(

If we had the choice, when we log in to go to main- or PK-server (other games have that -WoW), would I go there and make a char or 2, don't know how much I would play there, but I think I would go there every day, to see who is online.

And with more players would more rostos be sold, so the $5 from buying chars, would be payed that way.

Guess all would go there when we have a "bad" special day on main. :(

Edited by Zamirah

If we had the choice, when we log in to go to main- or PK-server (other games have that -WoW), would I go there and make a char or 2, don't know how much I would play there, but I think I would go there every day, to see who is online.

And with more players would more rostos be sold, so the $5 from buying chars, would be payed that way.

Guess all would go there when we have a "bad" special day on main. :P

Completely agreed. This has been mentioned a few times, but at the moment I see this as the biggest reason those undecedid folks haven't joined. A choice of servers at login would not only make it easier to log on, but would also be a daily reminder and get them thinking about it regularly.

I play on a Mac, and it's a pain in the ass. I've tried explaining to other Mac users how to get on, and it takes forever to explain. To log on to my two characters, I have to have 5 windows open.

I would love to hear if this suggestion is a possibility.

Completely agreed. This has been mentioned a few times, but at the moment I see this as the biggest reason those undecedid folks haven't joined. A choice of servers at login would not only make it easier to log on, but would also be a daily reminder and get them thinking about it regularly.

I play on a Mac, and it's a pain in the ass. I've tried explaining to other Mac users how to get on, and it takes forever to explain. To log on to my two characters, I have to have 5 windows open.

I would love to hear if this suggestion is a possibility.

I agree too. In general, if you want someone to do something, you should make it as easy for them to do it as possible. Choosing your server at log-in would be a good thing, but i guess the "button" would have to be activated manually by radu upon receipt of the $5 fee, and that could be a problem.

But I still wonder if there are enough "undecideds" on the main server right now to get the PK server going the way PKers would like. For years, EL has been marketed as a game where you can do anything you like, play any way you like. That means that it attracts a lot of players who have little to no interest in PK, so the available number of PKers is necessarily relatively smaller than in some other games. I still say attracting new players by promoting the PK version of EL directly to them is more likely to get faster results (in addition to encouraging "undecideds").

I gotta be honest, I have always thought there were inherent problems with the way the PK server was set up, but I figured it was an experiment and things would get sorted out as Radu saw how they went.

First off, I was one who favored a #pk command on main server, but that was decided against, so whatever. The main reason I favored the command was because I feared that a separate server would split the player base enough to hurt both versions. But I also suspected there might not be enough of a PK base in main EL to support a separate version of the game and that, without a LOT of marketing work, it would be a wasted effort.

Also, I thought it would be a problem not to allow players to copy or transfer their main server characters to the PK server (maybe with a stats roll-back but not a full wipe). I know there are good reasons for Radu to do it that way, but I felt that a lot of people would be reluctant to start over from scratch -- in both their characters and the game itself -- after putting in so much work on characters they're not "done with" yet. There's only so much time in a day, and people have to pick how to prioritize what they work on -- a new character or one they are still actively leveling. Multitasking can only go so far before it gets to be a serious drag.

From what I hear so far, it seems those problems do exist. A lot of ELers either don't want the PK server, or might want it, some day, when they have time and nothing better to do, maybe. Also, a lot of ELers have said that they are not interested in starting a new character at this time. So if you get a log-in choose-server button, you might get more current ELers into the game, but they might be just as absent or short-term as you have now. Radu would get more PK server accounts, but that doesn't mean there would be more people logging on to the PK server on any given day.

EDIT TO ADD: I guess my final opinion is this: There are several things that could be tweaked to get more people PKing on the main server, but for the PK server, the best bet is MARKETING, MARKETING, MARKETING. It's a new game, it needs new people. I guess that's all I have to say about it.

Edited by peino

For years, EL has been marketed as a game where you can do anything you like, play any way you like. That means that it attracts a lot of players who have little to no interest in PK, so the available number of PKers is necessarily relatively smaller than in some other games.

Since u dont know oldschool EL why u say EL wasnt directed to players who like to PK? It wasnt always like its now :P

New players who want more pking could chose pk server instead of main, and those "who have little to no interest in PK" would play on main server anyways, no?

Its good to have a choice :(

mp