Eternal Lands Official Forums
masterpiter

We need more players here

30 alts lol

would need a top puter and massive screen

im happy with me and my 2 alts which get pked all the time (part of the fun)

Htf would you manage 30 alts Silly if you ask me

1..I like the fact i am training one to fight and alc

2..one to manu /craft/ pot

3...and one to mine

and i cant work them all at the same time and dont mule with them either cos they get pked

i just like being self suffucuant (oops spelling) thats the fun part

Dont KNock till ya try it we who are playing are having a great time

Have Fun handyman

How do we get more peeps on here

On main server is there know one who does gc-$ and $- gc anymore

That way peeps on main could by a char with gc from main

Especialy good for peeps with no paypal

????

Handyman

How do we get more peeps on here

On main server is there know one who does gc-$ and $- gc anymore

That way peeps on main could by a char with gc from main

Especialy good for peeps with no paypal

????

Handyman

I have been under the impression that Radu/Entropy accepts checks, money orders and cash in the mail (to the P.O. Box listed in the shop page of the EL web site), as well as Paypal. If that has changed, I hope he will correct me, for the record.

If it has not changed, then people without Paypal can mail him the $5 and just wait a few days to get their account.

Only things alts can do simultaneous is harvesting. Don't even try to mix mix or mix fight at once. It won't work. There is only one person to control the alts. 30 alts makes no sense.

One alt for the nexuses and one for the fighting, that makes more sense though.

Almost looks like some people are actually kinda angry/pissed that some people do like pk server LOL.

I don't think so. Well, maybe there such people, but I don't see that here.

The thread asks for ways to get more people to play on PK server. Some of us suggest the most obvious thing -- advertise it more so new players coming in will try it.

Then some people who already like the PK server started promoting all the features of it that they like, as if they hope that will convince us ELers who decided against it to change our minds. So we're just explaining why those features are not attractive to us.

I think there are basically three kinds of ELers who have not already gotten PK server accounts:

-- ELers who don't like PK.

-- ELers who are not bored with the main server and don't want to start what amounts to a new game just yet.

-- ELers who don't know what the PK server is about.

You'll probably get the third group to give it a try by promoting it like this, but the other two are not going to be won over by it. For faster growth, it would be better to attract new players, in my opinion.

Quote from another post :

I can train ogre fine, even with 2 alts on lilacs, and 1 alt mixing srs/he

lol

He can, but he trains on single ogre spawn that gives him maybe 180k/h oa xp at max and very little drops, under 1k gc/h, while i can get 3k gc and 250k oa xp per hour on tripple ogre+ rare drops of coz, no multiplaying tho, maybe only making harv xp each hour but thats all :)

mp

The pk server is being targeted at people who play the main server which is the wrong thing to do. You need to get players from other games straight onto the pk server without the main server as a proxy. There is a huge market for PK based games but you need to get people aware of the pk server and what it has to offer.

lol

He can, but he trains on single ogre spawn that gives him maybe 180k/h oa xp at max and very little drops, under 1k gc/h, while i can get 3k gc and 250k oa xp per hour on tripple ogre+ rare drops of coz, no multiplaying tho, maybe only making harv xp each hour but thats all :)

mp

Couldnt resist could you :) .

You forgot to start with: some advice from #2/#1 a/d on main server. :)

lol

mp

Maybe true, MP, but you also need to think, hes getting all the gc from the lilacs, and not spending any gc on the HE/SR he uses, just getting ~100k less oa exp per hour, which is alot, but still. :)

edit - Yeah I know MP. :)

Edited by Superman

The pk server is being targeted at people who play the main server which is the wrong thing to do. You need to get players from other games straight onto the pk server without the main server as a proxy. There is a huge market for PK based games but you need to get people aware of the pk server and what it has to offer.

A brand new player wouldn't stick around too long, imo. A knowledge of maps and strategy is pretty essential. One of the aspects of PK server that I love the most is how much it tested my knowledge of EL and made me rethink how to do some of the things I did when I was beginning. For example, I was trying to kill wolves when everyone else seemed to be on wolves, so I switched to penguins (good att, bad def) for a couple days.

There is no newbie help channel, and while I'm sure that many of the players on would answer questions and try to help, ultimately I think the advice I would end up giving is "go play on the main server, and then come back after a month." Probably best not to have to reset on the PK server.

But Sygon, a few points:

1- As PowerWarrior points out, there is a huge market for PK-focused games. A lot of those are not especially newbie friendly, but such players are not put off by it.

2- As I said earlier, advertising for the PK server should advise using the free main server in place of the trial accounts other games offer. With that approach, the PK server can still be marketed to new players.

3- As a few people have said, I really do think the current EL player base has given up all the PK-dedicated players it's going to for now. We've had a good while to think about it, and those of us who haven't gone over are not likely to unless the PK server develops into something more interesting to us -- and that will take both more time and more players. If you want more players now and help the PK server develop, new players will be the best bet, in my opinion.

Edited by peino

exactly, if people dont come there they simply dont want to.

talking their ear off with an endless topic doesnt help either.

you can spam here as much as you want but with this topic i bet you didnt even get 5 new people to the pk server :rolleyes:

The pk server is getting new members im seeing new chars all the time

and will take time to develop.

Most are just concentrating on lvling at mo

so not much PKing going on, just a few harvesters mostly my alt lol

Lvling seems so much faster on here than the main

I guess having more than 1 char helps

One of the reasons i left main server a while ago was because it got borring doing the same things and i found myself standing around in kf most of the time just chatting

On the PK server i guess its like discovering everything over again and also because of the a/d caps you want to do it right the first time not keep reseting

Its not just for PKers there is a shortage of supliers over here too so room for every body

i know not everyone wants to play $5 for a char over here but why not ask on the main server someone will Pay $5 for u or for some of your gc

the old exchange rate $5 = 25kgc and 25kgc on the main is nothing to all you rich lot

anyway just an idea

See ya if you get over here if not have fun

Handyman

The pk server is getting new members im seeing new chars all the time ...
On the other hand I'm not seeing past players more and more. And I fear the rate of people who tried it and aren't playing much/anymore exceeds the new people trying it out. I'm starting to get a bit concerned about the long-term viability of the server.

I'm starting to get a bit concerned about the long-term viability of the server.

Same here. but, of course, when everybody logs on there, thinks, there is nobody and logs off at once, there wont be anybody.

Maybe staying a little bit longer or logging in again into your pk server account and start leveling up might help :rolleyes:

Piper

Well I'm still on every day working hard. If the server dies, I'll be one of the last ones booted off.

omg it would suxor if the server ended just like that.

A lot of ppl buy GC on main server, perhaps it would help to advertise some kind of GC for pk server char type of deal?

omg it would suxor if the server ended just like that.

Yup, so it would be nice if everybody who bought a pk server account just would use it and log on and play.

And then, what a surprise, there would be players online :rolleyes:

Piper