Eternal Lands Official Forums
masterpiter

We need more players here

Please don't suggest a free trial, that is just ridiculous. It is the same as the main server except it's pk almost everywhere...what else is there to say? That won't change.

And it's a one time $5 fee for crying out loud x.x

Maybe it's because the main server revolves around pking/fighting a lot already.. and most people don't want to join a server where it is even more prevelent.

As hard as you try, I don't think you'll get as many people as you'd like there.

Who knows, maybe the new c't players will help :)

Well IMO I dont think many more "older" (as in long term) players will join the pk server, I would have thought most of the ones who were going to join would have done so already. Its really the new EL players that need to be targeted and informed

I think most people think it is very dangerous and that you die every 5 minutes.

Since everyone thinks this, this is is no where near true.

It is unpopulated atm: especially at low levels, you can train for hours without getting attacked. Sometimes you see someone, even from an 'evil' guild, who doesn't attack, either.

I trained 2 chars so far. One fighting to 25 a/d, took about 1 day, only died from PK twice.

One mixing char which got to mid 30s manu in a week or so, he got attacked 0 times while leveling. Also remember, no cooldown, so easy to level mixing cheap :(

Also, rostos are cheap here (about 2k), because of the low $ price, and the high demand for gc (since a lot of stuff is bought from NPC).

Its easy to get enough money for a rosto in 30 mins or so of harvesting on an alt. (if you have one)

Well IMO I dont think many more "older" (as in long term) players will join the pk server, I would have thought most of the ones who were going to join would have done so already. Its really the new EL players that need to be targeted and informed
Depends on the "generation" I think.

For me, I miss old PKing with cheap stuff, drops on PK, having no cooldown, etc. Sure, one or two people have moderately expensive stuff, but you can have fun in PK by training only 1 day.

For others, that played game more after these changes were implemented, I think they don't know what fighting was like. They have high leveled chars, which they won't abandon.

It is the same as the main server except it's pk almost everywhere...what else is there to say?
Although a two week trial seems ridiculous to me, the above statement is simply not true. Those are the only changes in the server, true. But the way the game is played is much different. Nothing is stable at this point (such as prices_ because the server is still new, so it is hard to tell what it will really be like. People know that all of sever is PK, but they don't know what that means in terms of how it affects the gameplay.

p.s. i'm not saying i want a 100/100 instant fighter, honestly i could care less. But the people who would come now would get NO WHERE because the 1's who started off are already strong and they like to talk so much shit and i don't want to be near or around them.
Oh, come on. This server is only about 30 days old. Just because you are not playing on the very first day, does not mean you are too far behind to play. This server was not made to attract 25 people who could play on the first day, then the rest are screwed.

p.s. i'm not saying i want a 100/100 instant fighter, honestly i could care less. But the people who would come now would get NO WHERE because the 1's who started off are already strong and they like to talk so much shit and i don't want to be near or around them.
Oh, come on. This server is only about 30 days old. Just because you are not playing on the very first day, does not mean you are too far behind to play. This server was not made to attract 25 people who could play on the first day, then the rest are screwed. Edited by Atlantis

Well targeting new players of EL to the pk server would help. Also an idea is those that have been banned for illegal multiplay that beg to get back on main, should have a choice of paying and playing on pk only. Afterall, did Australia not get established by England tossing the theives and other scoundrals to a place that they could not cause more trouble to the homeland? :(

Just a thought.

New players of EL dont come to pk server. They dont want to die. They dont know anything about system of fights, making stuff.

Most of players on pk server are very good old players from old times or average players. I didnt see any newbie player. Noobs stay on main server because they enjoy main server. Its free without 5 $ fee. Main server has more players. More players are more fun. Better economics, more friends to talk, more entertainment.

And c't magazine....I expect 100 new players. Maybe less. If Its this magazine http://www.heise.de/ct/08/02/006/ then I will not expect any players because Its not magazine for gamers. I dont see any word about Eternal Lands. Sorry maybe Its a good joke.:(

Was on the PK server for 2 weeks, had an alt and got good skills developed because it's an alchers paradise, but got tired of dying too often. If they had a #make PKable command or a cape or perk something like Monster Magnetism that protected one from being PKable, then maybe I'd go back.

Kuldor:

Its better for you stay on main server because Its PK server and you can be pked in pk areas.

lol, Don't worry, I plan to stay on main server now. I'm no pker, but I like to support a game I enjoy, so I gave it a fair try. But the question was if there were any ideas on how to attract more people to the PK server. When I was there, the most accounts I ever saw logged on were 60 at a time, and considering half of those people were alts, I'd say there were only about 30 people playing. If you consider that there are 600+ accounts sometimes logged in on main, I'd say the PK server has attracted at most 5% of the community. That considered, the way I see it is you have 4 options:

1. Accept the ideas of non-pkers and what it would take to get them there.

2. Advertise on the main site to bring in new people to the PK EL community.

3. Reduce or remove the $5 fee for the PK server as it is possible that many PKers are not old enough to own credit cards or such.

4. Accept the fact that someone seriously over-estimated the interest in PK and live with the small community you have successfully lured to the PK server.

Enjoy! :omg:

IMO a PK server page on the main EL website would be helpful, and free trial is pretty useless. If you can't afford $5 then you shouldn't have a computer :omg: Also, I agree with Atlantis. You DO NOT get PK'd every minute. If you are clever and know your way around C2 you can train/mix/harv with very rarely seeing anyone else. Many people who don't play PK server are convinced that every inch of Draia is PK and it is impossible to do anything. Completely not true. Get people to realise that and many more people will give it a go.

I don't think it got anything to do with the 5$ fee, nor with the chance of dieing while harvesting...

I think noone plays on the pk server, or makes a new account on the pk server is cause hardly anyone sees the point of getting on a new server while the game is fun enough on the main server..

I'm not a pk'er i just love the hell walks, i think the hell maps are the best maps on the game, probably thats why it takes me only 1 month playing to get 1000 deaths on counter :)

But i think that just noone wants to start from scrap just to be on a pk server, i'm happy with the char i have now and don't wanna start all over again..

It's relaxing to just be a hour on the main server, harv a bit, talk a bit and log off without even done something and not to log on and have to search for safe places before u can finally sit and relax...

as a non-pker I haven't seen one single argument yet that would tempt me to start all over again on the pk-server.

the main server offers something for every taste, the pk-server offers ........ pk mainly. and the more people the more you have to pk.

and that's not what i want.

and about the $5 , it is not that the price is too high (because $5 is not much). It just not worth it.

Edited by niemand

As I see it, and shoot me if I am wrong, the pk server does nothing more then offer a "change of pace" for the long time players that may have been feeling a little bored. It provides an oppurtunity to go back to the days to re-aquire the feelings they had when they first started playing. I have also been tempted to go to the pk server, but I feel I want to try to conquer this server first. Probably not a realistic goal, but a goal nonetheless.

as a non-pker I haven't seen one single argument yet that would tempt me to start all over again on the pk-server.

o cooldown is 1 sec on everything, except spells in combat, thats still 2 secs. that includes the cooldown on food too, so you can make stuff and eat veggies or fruits.no need for FP's anymore to get rid of a cooldown.

o less rules to follow and no mods there

o multiplaying is legal, so you can benefit from alt chars and can even play with your family or friends there from the same IP whithout risking to get in trouble

o a lot of non pk areas, even storages, where you can hide and make stuff. you just have to find them

o less idiots there, since you have to pay 5 bucks/cant just make a new account and annoy other players every now and then

o no namechanges available there, so you cant just hide and continue scamming under a new name for example.

you know who is who and who you can trust or not.

o if you hate bots, there is only gossip. if you hate gossip, #ignore gossip and you should be fine

o free spawns everywhere, since there are only a few ppl training

o no need to join several channels, everything is on channel 1, so you wont miss any more or less important info

That are quite a few arguments to join, even for non pkers, right? :)

Piper

o multiplaying is legal, so you can benefit from alt chars and can even play with your family or friends there from the same IP whithout risking to get in trouble

First reason not to join.

o less idiots there, since you have to pay 5 bucks/cant just make a new account and annoy other players every now and then

I've seen at least as many idiots being able to pay $5 as ones that are not.

o no namechanges available there, so you cant just hide and continue scamming under a new name for example.

Why would I need a name change if I can multiplay? I personally like to change my nick from time to time.

o if you hate bots, there is only gossip. if you hate gossip, #ignore gossip and you should be fine

I don't hate bots. These are programs. Actually, I have one bot on my #ignore list. Guess which one;)

So it's empty. Why should I join an empty server. It's MMO RPG game after all.

Nope, not right, but it is just my opinion.

All in all, I'm not going to join this server. Fighting is not what attracts me to games. I don't think that PK server provides anything that the main one wouldn't. Lack of cooldown, less rules or no moderators aren't arguments that may convince me. On the other hand there are several things that would be pissing me off (starting with a need of HIDING to make stuff).

So, no thanks you. I will pass on it.

~Vanyel

PS.

If I want to play there I'd pay this $5. So, it's not the payment that keeps me far.

Edited by Vanyel

]o multiplaying is legal, so you can benefit from alt chars and can even play with your family or friends there from the same IP whithout risking to get in trouble

First reason not to join.

You think, its bad to play with friends and family members? :)

I've seen at least as many idiots being able to pay $5 as ones that are not.

N00b_PL, im talking about the usual "suck my dick" guys at wraith or beam...

Why would I need a name change if I can multiplay? I personally like to change my nick from time to time.

N00b_PL again, im not talking about *YOU*, who likes to change your name, im talking about scammers who just hide behind a changed name and just continue their scamming and such...

I don't hate bots. These are programs. Actually, I have one bot on my #ignore list. Guess which one;)

See? So its an advantage.

So it's empty. Why should I join an empty server. It's MMO RPG game after all.

Empty is 0 players online :whistle:

Nope, not right, but it is just my opinion.

Nope, not not right. That are some arguments, if you like them or not, but as you said, its your very own opinion :P

Piper

intresting to see, all the long time players love the PK server because it reminds them almost exacltly as it was when they first started playing eL

only a few playing

Easy to find a spawn

no cooldown

no bots

EL has changed over the years. And It has changed for the better. I know some will say "but here on pk server you get paid the real value of things etc" But as you know if there was 300 people trying to level crafting by making dis rings, prices will fall there also. I have no doubts you are all having fun on the pk server. I am honestly happy your having fun and as cranky. But I disagree this is the be all___end all. I am still having fun here on the main server, and wish you all were back.

Well, the way I see it, who wanted to go to PK did, who wanted to stay at MAIN did as well. So the PK server population may seem to have been saturated and player increasement won't be dramatic as only bored/combat-oriented players may wish to join. However I may be wrong (and I'm sure, many of you wishes that I am). I of course wish you that PK server continues its developement, as we all have different needs and different ways of playing.

Maybe one day, when I get bored or get a taste of real fight, I'll come and join you, until then, I'll stay at my peaceful harvesting and seldom orcs hunting :)

Maybe one day, when I get bored or get a taste of real fight, I'll come and join you, until then, I'll stay at my peaceful harvesting and seldom orcs hunting :)

*sigh*

Ok, maybe the name "PK server" isnt a good choice..

It is not that you get slaughthered there every minute and such.

The fact is, that you have to think and plan a little bit more than on the main server.

Find out how you can reach your goals over there, find out how you can avoid to get killed over there, its just a little bit more thrilling than on the main server, but thats it, nothing more.

Well, thats nearly all i have to say. the PK server is more the harvesting server than the sudden death server. Find it out on your own, please.

Piper

5 dollars fee is 25 kgc on main server. You can find someone to pay 5 dollars for you. You dont need a trial. Main server is free for all.

Problem of pk server is population. If you want to find someone to talk or trade by face to face...you can go to votd, nc or dp storage. These storages are safe. You can be afk here. And many places and towns too. But problem of pk server is that is not pk server at all. And after we will reach a/d 100 we will do "Newbie hunt". Newbie hunt means that you will go from spawn to spawn and you will kill weaker players on spawns. Some of players will start skill summoning after they reach a/d 100. Yes, I know that some players already started summoning.

I continue with playing on main server in same time as on pk server. I know its hard but Its possible. But I see that differences between pk server and main server are minimal. I afraid of death on main server more than on pk server. PK server is really empty. Most of players have an alt character. He is slave of main character to do essences, armors, weapons etc. Harvesters are very safe here because if you kil harvester you will get some resources. Many fighters have rostogols here. Its same motivation to kill them as on main server. You will get nothing from them. Only some stupid stone...pche.

And Hontenplotz is really radu.

I find it curious how many people are adamant (almost passionately) about NOT joining the PK server. A lot of time and though has gone into some of these arguments.

And I thought we dispelled the idea that hotzenplots is radu?

That are quite a few arguments to join, even for non pkers, right? :icon13:

Piper

But none of them appeal to me. None of them says to me, that makes it worth it.

:icon13:

I think the whole thread has gone slightly off topic.. It seems to have moved from how to attract more players to the pk server to how to put them off going !!!!.

Piper is right , maybe it would help to change the name to something other than "PK server" , as this reinforces peoples idea that you die alot.

Note:

I dont play on the pk server but I wont knock players who do or the server itself, everyone enjoys a differant style/pace of game

second note:

With such a low population on the pk server doesnt having guilds this early cut down on your options of who you can fight, and makes it "slightly" more harder to find people to pk ?

And I thought we dispelled the idea that hotzenplots is radu?

Who is we and what is the arguments?

If something does annoy someone, the something has to be official something so someone can whine about it without being whiner.

need more advertisment ingame. and on load page of EL we need a option to change server

there's no pain in the butt mods either, for those of us who like to curse & spam a lot :icon8:

thats a great reason NOT to join that PK server :)

I can think of a few others too btw..but thats more selfisch reasons..one of em is I miss quit a few ppl who moved to the PK server..hoping and praying for their return soon..:P

Jez