Eternal Lands Official Forums
Artemis

Negative perk removal stones!

ok well i was thinking that it would be very cool if a Negative perk removal stone was added to EL as a rare stone that you have the chance of getting from harvesting. i mean who wants to Reset because of a neg perk? so tell me what ya think of my idea!! :icon13:

Taking negative perks is not a decision to be taken lightly, I think it may be an important lesson for a player to try correct trial-and-error and learn how to deal with the effects of neg perks. If a stone were to be created to Negative Perk Removal, there would also have to be one for Positive Perk Removal? Secondly, I imagine it would be hard to make this plausible because by removing a neg perk you'd be removing pick point, but which ones would be removed? Do you remove them from attributes/nexuses at random? No...

Well ya i know taking a negative perk isnt to be taken lightly but what if it has been taken by accident? my friend was trying to get a perk and he clicked gelatine bones by mistake and he reset because of it now if the stone was in the game he wouldnt have to reset. And no pick points wouldnt be taken out they would be taken from where you placed them say like oyu spent them on human/will they would be removed from there.

Stones r bad idea, coz some ppl would just pay rl money to the lucky player who got a stone, like it was in the case of many nexus removal stones---> no gc removed from the game+ $ paid to a player instead of el shop/radu/learner .

Imho much better idea would be a npc that can remove negative perk from u.

2 conditions:

1) U need to have free pickpoints that is neg perk worth( for example 10 for hellspawn) and u give those pickpoints back

2) U pay decent amount of gc for it.

50-100k gc for each pichpoint would be reasonable price, so 150-300k for removing scotty died perk, but 0,5-1m gc for removing hellspawn( just an example).

About mistakes and reset being the only way to correct them- before cap some ppl took hellspawn and icd perks, which gave them +15coord, now they get for them +15 will or inst or dunno, its not the same ;)

mp

Negative perks shouldn't be removable with the use of any other means than #reset. Period. I'd like emphasise the fact who took the most profits from nexus removal and buyable nexus combo in this game. I suppose the situation would repeated itself.

Concluding, NO.

Sorry Artemis, but I don't agree. I think that a reset is the only way we should be able to remove perks. It makes people think more carefully about the perks they take, and adds more strategy to the game. I think a perk removal stone is too much of an easy option. Most of the suggestions I see in here are to make the game easier, but there's no challenge in easy!

Stones r bad idea, coz some ppl would just pay rl money to the lucky player who got a stone, like it was in the case of many nexus removal stones---> no gc removed from the game+ $ paid to a player instead of el shop/radu/learner .

2 conditions:

1) U need to have free pickpoints that is neg perk worth( for example 10 for hellspawn) and u give those pickpoints back

50-100k gc for each pichpoint would be reasonable price, so 150-300k for removing scotty died perk, but 0,5-1m gc for removing hellspawn( just an example).

About mistakes and reset being the only way to correct them- before cap some ppl took hellspawn and icd perks, which gave them +15coord, now they get for them +15 will or inst or dunno, its not the same ;)

mp

I agree with eMPi.

IMO, people think that doing a #reset an easy thing... But its not. Have you ever reseted at +120 oa? its really hard thing. Dunno if it should be for negative ones but i think we should have a NPC like MP said which removing just positive perks, NMT, FR or EXC perks for example.

Because when people are at low levels, getting perks is really useful for a start. But after they get enuff money to buy FR or EXC cape, they have to do a #reset coz of that perks.

IMO, for Negative perks NO, for Positive perks YES :D

I think empi's idea is nice.

Pay back the pickpoints a perk gave you and pay a fine like, lets say, 10k gc per pickpoint.

So, to get rid of powerhungry, you need 3 spare pickpoints + 3x10k gc=30k gc in total and you dont need to do a #reset.

Piper

2 conditions:

About mistakes and reset being the only way to correct them- before cap some ppl took hellspawn and icd perks, which gave them +15coord, now they get for them +15 will or inst or dunno, its not the same :D

mp

Thats an idea worth trying ;)

2 conditions:

About mistakes and reset being the only way to correct them- before cap some ppl took hellspawn and icd perks, which gave them +15coord, now they get for them +15 will or inst or dunno, its not the same :D

mp

I like this idea

For true mistakes I believe you can pay someone (ent or Learner not sure) to have a rollback on your char to a previous build. It saves a reset if you have made a "true" mistake and its not so much wasted work. From what I hear its around 10USD?? Would need to check the finer details.

For true mistakes I believe you can pay someone (ent or Learner not sure) to have a rollback on your char to a previous build. It saves a reset if you have made a "true" mistake and its not so much wasted work. From what I hear its around 10USD?? Would need to check the finer details.

It don't help a lot if you took powerhungry just after you reset, want to get rid of it and you are OA 112 now.

Pay back the pickpoints a perk gave you and pay a fine like, lets say, 10k gc per pickpoint.

Ty for the support but 10k for pickpoint is WAY too cheap ;)

I mean: why only 10k if even if its 50-100k per pickpoint ppl will still use that? :D

It could be made by taking exp fron a skill - own choice - , maybe 100k exp for each pp.

Could be some % too.

I have level 40 engeneering, it's close to 1 mill exp, so if I wanted to remove a perk, 10pp worth, could I pay with the exp in engeneering and start over from level 0.

Or take from another skill.

And if I reset would I not get my exp back.

It would stop people from using it too much and you would not be able to pay with gc.

And only people with very high OA would use it.

Edited by Zamirah

cool idea mp! see now my idea sparked some other good ideas!^^ :D oh and i think that this REALLY should be in the game^^

Edited by Artemis

Maybe an NPC could give you a min-reset..

NEG Perks :

You want to remove Anti: You return the PP ( they dont have to be free, you choose which 1 or 2 stats they are removed from) and the NPC also removes 10 overall levels ( or 8 for godless etc etc giving you the chance to re-earn the pp and also being a slight penalty to having the perk removed)

Possitive Perks:

You want to remove MM : It doesnt cost you any PP but you also dont get any back (to stop abuse) and you Overall is reduced by 5 ( or 7 for NMT perk etc) and you have to re-earn your pickpoint that way.

For high OA player losing 5-10 OA levels is still a pain but not as much so as a full reset.

2 conditions:

mp

The only problem i see with Mp's idea is what he said himself in the first line... having to have free pickpoints would benifit those who can buy nexus removal stones (with RL $) and buy a nexus with hydro .

and for someone with say OA 130 with no free pickpoints it would be hard to get them and maybe quicker to full reset....

Maybe someone who knows can answer.. how many xp are needed to get from 130-140 OA (and 10 free pickpoints to remove say anti) compared to the xp needed to reset and return to OA 130

Edited by conavar

It could be made by taking exp fron a skill - own choice - , maybe 100k exp for each pp.

Could be some % too.

I have level 40 engeneering, it's close to 1 mill exp, so if I wanted to remove a perk, 10pp worth, could I pay with the exp in engeneering and start over from level 0.

Or take from another skill.

And if I reset would I not get my exp back.

It would stop people from using it too much and you would not be able to pay with gc.

And only people with very high OA would use it.

No, I don't agree with this. What if a player of a high profession wanted to do this using there 100+ level? It's not really going to put a dent in that skill, meaning they can be more reckless than someone using, for example; 40 engineering, as you said almost all the exp. ever made on that skill. Using money for this service would be easier to implement and leave skills amongst players more even. Also some skill are of course, more valued then others, meaning most people would take from skills like engineering and perhaps summoning - there is little enough player skill in these professions now.

Having only people with very high OA using this service is monopolization. Forcing other "Younger" players to reset where as pro's get to keep their OA and continue on with what they are doing will only create a larger gap between them.

The easiest, fairest and clearest way to do this, would be as Master Piter first said. :icon13:

So, to get rid of powerhungry, you need 3 spare pickpoints + 3x10k gc=30k gc in total and you dont need to do a #reset.

Piper

i already posted abut a similar idea, but without removing gc from the game, i was thinking about stones, like HS remo stone, to be able to use it u need 10 free pp that would be taken off. but Mp's idea better \O/

TK.

Could be some % too.

can't see this working so well tbh. 100k is not so much exp in some skills - def for example. how long to earn 1M def experience for a top 200 player? a lot less time than 10 PP I bet!

Prolly nearly everyone has powerhungry (I guess, not really important). so for 300k def exp (maybe 2 hours for me, well outside top 200) and I have 3 PP bac. off to Wraith, take PH perk.

2 hours a day of this and in 1 week I have 21 PP to play with. not bad for the loss of a def level I think

From al what i saw doesn't sound that good to have a neg perk removal stone... i should agree, sadarar it's trly right....... :D